gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 10:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Some rather good bike riding!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some rather good bike riding!  (Read 1786 times)

Massive Turndown

Some rather good bike riding!
« on: November 17, 2010, 06:05 PM »
I found this on BMXMuseum,and thought OMFG!!.Bike skills to the MAX.Although not strictly BMX,it is well worth a watch from the Rad Community.Enjoy!!!!.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: Some rather good bike riding!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:22 PM »
stunning riding :coolsmiley:

fletchy baby

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 08:06 PM »

the  ultimate getaway rider !!

loved the tailwhip nosepick off the camper !!!!!!

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:14 PM »
wow this guy is amazing  :D

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Awesome

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Yep... Danny's RAD alright  :daumenhoch:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:26 PM »
superb riding  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Good riding but I think thecomeup said it well a while ago:

http://thecomeupbmx.net/non-bmx/danny-macaskills-vw-commercial/

Seriously what the fook is wrong with the world? BMXers have been doing amazing things on bicycles for 20+ years. But somehow this Danny guy comes out and does some crazy stuff on his mountain bike and gets 30 million Youtube views, 260 comments and a VW commercial. I’m not hating on Danny, he might be a nice guy and all but it rubs me the wrong way that what he gets all this attention just because he does this shit on a bike that isn’t built for the task. It’d be like if I showed up at the Tour De France on my BMX bike, no brakes, 4 pegs and all, and I finished it. Would it be impressive if I finished the race? Yes. Would it make me cool? No, it’d make me a douchebag who should have just bought a bike suited for the task at hand.

I want to clarify my issue with this since unsurprisingly, many of you were too dense to understand what I meant. I don’t think that Danny is unskilled, he’s obviously very good at what he does, my point is that there are so many BMXers doing stuff similar to what he’s doing here, but better, that aren’t getting credited. Watch this video and tell me that you don’t think Garrett Reynolds could do everything in this video, but bigger, faster and smoother. He could. He could do barspins and tailwhips inserted in most of the tricks too. But because Garrett does his tricks on a little BMX bike and Danny does his on a big goofy mountain bike, Garrett remains a cult hero while Danny gets a VW commercial. If Garrett, Dakota and Sean Burns were all also starring in VW commercials, there wouldn’t be a blog worth writing here and I wouldn’t think there was any injustice going on.

skidmark

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 01:56 PM »
couldn't agree more, can't he afford a BMX? lots of his tricks need breaks I spose....maybe he's more accepted in the big wheel world with brakes, he might get heckled by new school BMXers.  Very skillful nonetheless  8)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 08:47 PM »
I wondered how long the dissing would take  :LolLolLolLol:.

He rides trials. He is fookin ace. The world does not revolve around bmx FFS, I love bikes, I love bmx but its part of something bigger....

Bikes and Biking  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 08:51 PM »
He is the Bollox that lad, me and my mates dabbled in trials when we ran out of old frames in the mid 90's.Infact my mate still has an Orange Zero trials bike fully built up in his garage that hasnt been used since about 2000ish. Magura brakes, middleburn cranks and just the best of everything at the time, he wants to shift it if anybody is interested.

Matt

skidmark

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I'm not "dissing" the guy, he can skillfully mud wrestle on a pogo stick for all I care....don't think he'd give a monkeys about what I've got to say anyway.  I spose I'd actually like to see where BMX freestyle would be if brakes were still acceptable...probably something like where he's at!  I think the point made was more about where the focus and attention is in the pedal world and why, not a dig at his skills.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Some rather good bike riding!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx