gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975561 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 07:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Custom GT 01
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Custom GT 01  (Read 697 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Custom GT 01
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Believe it or not this bike came from the Dump ?
I was looking inside the metal bins at a dump where i saw a shinny frame inside - started to pull it out and saw some other parts there - frame - forks - bars - stem - crank - seat-post and clamp - BB set ~ all these parts there and all NOS ? not a single nut had been tightened or a mark made ?
So i started to pull it all out, now at this point a should have said it's not a site that sells items ? any thing i find is a backhand to the guys and straight into the back of the boot
Got all the parts out and i suddenly here a voice that really don't need to !
It's a man that i haven't meet before and really don't want to - it's the area manager and he make Hitler looks like a girl guide selling cookies
So he asks me what i'm doing ? I have to act dumb at this point (yer i know i don't have to act hard !) and say "just looking" and with that he says " WELL CLEAR OFF NOW"
So out i go and wait near by for a hour
I get back in there after i see him go and start pulling back out all the parts that were thrown back in the big metal bin
I manage to get all bit bar the crank ! and now it's closing time, so off home i go
But the next morning i'm back there early and back in the big metal bin looking for that missing parts that i know is there - and half an hour later i find - job done
So i speak to Lester who works there and ask him how much for the parts i pulled out - frame, forks, bars, stem, seat post and clamp, BB set and crank ?
£4 ? he says
er yer that will be fine"" i say
£4 will be a bloody bargain i'm thinking
So it's been a couple of years of the frame near built up hanging on the wall - i hadn't got round to doing any thing with it as i wanted to take my time and was in no rush - nice bit of art hanging there
Forward to this last Christmas and the London x-mas run - I started getting bits ready for it and polishing all parts that needed it. All that was needed was the brakes to be sorted - now brakes are not my best thing and for some reason they were not working for me - so over to Chris's place (wish i kept my TA home ) for a bit of learning and hopefully he can work out what the hell is going on
Well the brake calipers were not working at all for some unknown reason - there were changed for a couple of calipers he had - and within a minutes he had the new sets dialed up and all working - so a big thanks to Chris and his very sexy Haro - many thanks mate 
The x-mas run was canceled and the bike hadn't even been out for a test ride
So at the same time of resto'ing Donuts MT RACING SILVERFOX i was polishing bits for this bike and getting it ready - now i have tested it out (only an hour so far) and it feels real nice - a sweet dailed cruzer style with shine and pimp - ready for when the sun shows it's self and shines on my custom GT 01

here are the pic's

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Bettyswallocks

Re: Custom GT 01
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Holy dropouts batman....  :shocked:

BmxAssasin

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:36 PM »
nice find  :daumenhoch: but what was you doin in the bin in the first place? :LolLolLolLol: nice story .

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Blind tactic find :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:44 PM »
I was finding old school bmx's  ;D

A lot of people clear out a shed or garage and see little darrens old bmx - but darrens all grown up and moved out - so off to the tip the old bmx goes - i see if i can save it before being land fill  :angel: >:D

the thing with this one was it was all NOS and never put together ? so some one has chucked out a brand new bmx/parts ? was i a dad of a young lad that has gone off to uni and left a load of bits in his room and needed clearing out ? just can't think why it didn't go for sale some where or even given to kids down the road  :-\

but at least i got it now  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

griff

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:42 PM »
great story!

I'll give you a tenner for it :daumenhoch:

Offline Macmania

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Great job and a nice save  :daumenhoch:
Wanted: Anything MT Racing

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Sound as and a tad on the expensive side tho eh  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18 AM »
looks cool, i bet it's good for weight training?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10 AM »
No way ... was that Darrens! he said I could have it when he went to uni... send it over will ya.

:D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Custom GT 01

gfxgfx
gfx gfx