gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 01:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tioga?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tioga?  (Read 1930 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Tioga?
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Hi to all

don't remember from bitd,  did Tioga produce any other f+f sets other than the Rhino, did they sell generic f+f possibly Akisu  with tioga decals? 

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Tioga?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 05:26 PM »
speak to monkian, he's the tange/tioga bloke  :daumenhoch:

monkian

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Hi to all

don't remember from bitd,  did Tioga produce any other f+f sets other than the Rhino, did they sell generic f+f possibly Akisu  with tioga decals? 

I'm not aware of any other OS Tioga frame-sets other than the x3 Tange Rhino they put out and the earlier Tange Axe-blade Rhino. Was there something specific you were looking at? They had a very close working relationship with Tange so I doubt they put anything out from Akisu.

Tange did some strange things in other markets with the same frames and other brands but I think from mid 80's Tioga seemed to be more focused on accessories.
Have you got any pics or links you can post?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:26 PM by monkian »

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:14 PM »
cheers for  that fella's
 i've asked because the memory aint what it used to be ,   ;D     Akisu was just a guess on my part forgot all about the Tange link,  found a f+f up for sale, i recognised it as  stratton aero , i had one bitd, the only picture i have is of mine from bitd, sure somthing similar has been on the forum ? ,  not got a shot of the one for sale ,  the gusset on these is quite distinctive,  the one for sale is stickered up with Tioga stickers, single long ones on f+f , they look old like there supposed to be on there?  :-\   this is the pic i have not good quality  photo,      this is 1985, (  i've cropped out the bad hair cut  :LolLolLolLol:   ) this was stickered up  stratton, akisu made, appears to be the same f+f , gusset the same has the tube on the brake bridge ,   i'll have to get my grubbies on it in the week and see if the stampings show up the truth,    going on what you've said  Monkian  and my sketchy memory, i assumed Tioga would have been involved with other companies at the time,    i suspect the only real Tioga part on the one for sale, are the stickers  ;D 

monkian

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Now that you've done told me that, I think I want to see the hair-do more than the Tioga ;D :crazy2:
Sounds like you've ID'd the frame but I still wouldn't mind seeing the decals.
Are they the same as these?:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 11:02 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:     ffs     here you go   :-[ :-[      :LolLolLolLol:       two views    same do as the smiley :crazy2:   :LolLolLolLol:,   yeah those are the ones  :daumenhoch:   bit vague at the mo monkian was'nt realy looking that closley there were a few other bits i was getting more excited about but they turned out to be non starters, >:(    ;D   ,      not sure if the forks are round or aero shape,  can never remember which is which,  tx round, and trx, arx   aero shape,  i remember i think arx with tioga stickys?    :-\    which is what has started me wondering about the frame,   and if my memory is wrong and the one in the pick was not a stratton?    scratchy chin moment perhaps?   ;D,     i'll get some pics of it this week and pm em to you if you dont mind ?  cast a more expert eye over em  :daumenhoch: 

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:22 AM »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

ozone

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20 AM »
:LolLolLolLol:     ffs     here you go   :-[ :-[      :LolLolLolLol:       two views    same do as the smiley :crazy2:   :LolLolLolLol:,   yeah those are the ones  :daumenhoch:   bit vague at the mo monkian was'nt realy looking that closley there were a few other bits i was getting more excited about but they turned out to be non starters, >:(    ;D   ,      not sure if the forks are round or aero shape,  can never remember which is which,  tx round, and trx, arx   aero shape,  i remember i think arx with tioga stickys?    :-\    which is what has started me wondering about the frame,   and if my memory is wrong and the one in the pick was not a stratton?    scratchy chin moment perhaps?   ;D,     i'll get some pics of it this week and pm em to you if you dont mind ?  cast a more expert eye over em  :daumenhoch: 

Were you a Smiths fan BITD?  That pic has a touch of Morrissey about it.  ;)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:42 AM »
you got yer hair on back to front  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

monkian

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:51 AM »
you got yer hair on back to front  ;)

:LolLolLolLol: Mullet Fakie :LolLolLolLol:
I'll be happy to take a look at the other pics (of the bike FFS) ;D
Just fire them over whenever.

Talking of embarrassing photos :crazy2:
(and I don't mean that about the TAP thank you)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 05:05 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  corkin'  pic that love owt like that,  :daumenhoch:

should have read the reply properly though  , never notice the the bits in brackets , just spent two hours scanning in all me underpant shots  :-* :-* :-*,     oh well      :LolLolLolLol:

as to the comments about the Ginger Lamo dooo   got to say your all a bunch o twunts   mind you you're fookin right though  :LolLolLolLol:       

school complained about me crusty hair, insisted i did somthing about it and that was the doo i ended up with still had the rat tail round the back though :daumenhoch:   was well into me rock, and punk  still am   :daumenhoch:, needless to say  the doooo lasted about six weeks , then grew  the dreds back in,     fook em ,     trouble is there gone now too   :'(    ;D   

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tioga?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx