gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The "E.T. Endo"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The "E.T. Endo"  (Read 6072 times)

Clean

Re: The "E.T. Endo"
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23 PM »
 :daumenhoch:
R u telling me us walsalites r claiming a trick name  :shocked: if anybody challenges us i say wey peeps wram Walsall close ronks  ::) especially as a Dordy is with us  :daumenhoch: I'm off 2 get me orange chips and puy  :2funny: I used 2 ride up Parkhall bitd , had a lot of mates up there wonder if any of u knew em ?

Mate, I rode Park Hall from '79 to ' 85ish. Do we by bizarre chance know each other? PM, geez!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38 PM »
R u telling me us walsalites r claiming a trick name  :shocked: if anybody challenges us i say wey peeps wram Walsall close ronks  ::) especially as a Dordy is with us  :daumenhoch: I'm off 2 get me orange chips and puy  :2funny: I used 2 ride up Parkhall bitd , had a lot of mates up there wonder if any of u knew em ?

Brum to english translation ,Ste ?  ???
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 01:17 AM »
Do we by bizarre chance know each other? PM, geez!

Here's Steve in all his handsome glory last year at MK - do you know this man - if so, call crimestoppers..... :LolLolLolLol:

Still limping......

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 03:59 PM »
Thanks 4 that spen  :LolLolLolLol: jeez i was bad that nite but believe me I've been worse  :2funny: when i got me prizes the next day tho that soon made me feel better  8) Perhaps if I go a lot worse this year I may get more prizes  :uglystupid2:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Right a few names as I can remember then  :LolLolLolLol: as I am now over 40  :shocked:

Luke Mitchell
Gaz (used 2 hang round with Luke)
the McGlones :- Phil, Steve and Rob
Biggsy
Paul and Gavin, known as Wilko , so I sume there surname was wilkinson or similar

Will add more as I recall, but I'm sure my mate Si (Cupid stunt on here ) will recall more  ;) as he hung round the shops in Gillity a hell of a lot more than me  :daumenhoch: will give him a poke .

recon i'm on 4 some orange chips this weekend 2  :daumenhoch:

Clean

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Right a few names as I can remember then  :LolLolLolLol: as I am now over 40  :shocked:

Luke Mitchell
Gaz (used 2 hang round with Luke)
the McGlones :- Phil, Steve and Rob
Biggsy
Paul and Gavin, known as Wilko , so I sume there surname was wilkinson or similar
recon i'm on 4 some orange chips this weekend 2  :daumenhoch:

Bonkers....  :shocked:

I rode with Luke and Gaz mostly, and knew the McGlones, although they were a little older than me. I think Rob was closest to me in age?

I remember "Wilko" as a name, but not as faces. Also there was Russ and Stelios, and many more whose names I can't recall.  :idiot2:

Oh, and we musn't forget our local ramp king "Coley". Don't remember his real name, but he could sky a QP better than anyone else in our neck o' the woods (think he was from around the Broadway area)?

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Coley was 1 of my best Muckas bitd  :daumenhoch: him and Pat Robinson. Still c Pat occasionally . Dave Cole was a little older than me may be 2 years ? but he taught me loads . I wasn't far behind him bitd on a quarter pipe, I was a total lunatic 2 b honest even Coley used 2 finch at some of the stuff I used 2 do and pull off  :LolLolLolLol: I think i recall this right that I cleared 32 bikes off the first jump at dobank track up beacon  ::) Amongst loads of other mental stuff like clearing 2 drives off a jump half way down three crowns hill , geez we must of been doing over 40 mph when we hit that huge lump of dirt half way down  :LolLolLolLol: Put a 6 inch flat on an Araya off that once  :2funny:

There is a place called Linley Woods me and Dordymush on here chat about a lot did u go there ?

who else do u remember ?

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 05:25 PM »
What about Ian and Richard Walker ?

Heres some pics of me riding 84-86ish

and another couple of my bike in different guizes bitd c if u remember it ?

i was from the Mellish road area bitd if that helps  ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:58 PM by ANIMAL »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 06:09 PM »
This is like a version of 'RADreunited'  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:   ;D 

Oh and Steve that pic of you on the helipad at last years MK, you were proper ratted  :crazy2:  Remember you trying to explain how your new pro class rim straightener tool worked ....... you eventually gave up and said 'fook it i'll tell ya tomorrow'  :LolLolLolLol:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55 PM »
The rim straightening device works better than my brain and speech when I'm tattered thats 4 sure :2funny:

griff

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Linley woods was in the next street to me from 1987 to 1993
had a few goes down the bombhole there on my mtb but sadly the silverfox was out of action by then

should maybe change this thread to 'memories of worsull'  ;D

Krystaldot

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Did you live by Ashford by any chance?

You don't have a brother called Nev by any chance? Pair of Villa fans!

I went to school with pretty much all the names you mention although most a year or 2 older!

Coley was a bit of a bully to us lot so we stayed out of his way!

2 of the Mcglone brothers are very sadly no longer with us though. Rob, who I knew quite well got killed on a motorbike by jct 9, terrible!!

All the others you mention are still about though. Russ & Stell, the Wilko's and Rich Walker, who had a gorgeous Patterson PR200 that he sold to my mate Woody who in turn made it just about the best bike around. Araya skinnies, Hutch beartraps and loads of other class parts. He had it swiped from the conker tree at the bottom of lake avenue. I had an MRD Pro built up of parts all from Steve Goodes!!

There where 2 legend's about at the time, Bod and Neil, and me and a few guys watched and followed one day as they both wheelied none stop from Park Hall lake all the way along Gillity avenue and up past QM boys school, which when I was 10 seemed pretty awesome!!

This is insane!

Clean

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Linley woods bombhole I remember well. Was there an electric fence you had to climb over / under?

Woody, as in Woodroffe? Two brothers new them well; went to juniors with 'em.

I had heard about Rob now you remind me.

I went to QMGS!

Rode a cheap BH Cali pimped with bits from Steve Goode Motos on Sutton Road.... Ah memories!

:)

griff

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50 PM »
no electric fence I can recall..?

but there were a few good dropoffs in those little woods
used to go riding round by the TI too but would probably be tricky nowadays with all the dogging going on

Krystaldot

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 08:01 PM »
No mate, not those Woody's. I know who you mean though as I used to play football with Ian! Bit older than me. Is that Delves then or PH Juniors?

Is that why the pregnancy rate was so high at the girl's school then??

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Hell this is getting spooky  :LolLolLolLol: i know all these peeps  ::) Still c loads of them from time 2 time. Off down Walsall later 2 the 80's bar 4 a few ales and orange chips on the way home  :2funny: Linley has great memories 4 me I even had my own run over the back by the edge of the cave christened by me  8) I did every run there bitd including all the Ossers and 1 way, was the total bollox up there in the summer as a kid . Been up there recently with Cupid Stunt (Si) he even went down toboggan  ;D

I 2 got my MRD Expert from Steve Goode's I was always in these seeing what I needed 2 save my pocket money 4  ::)

I was thinking that about the School  :LolLolLolLol:

Clean

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Six degrees of seperation, or something like that, innit?  :shocked:

Is that why the pregnancy rate was so high at the girl's school then??

:daumenhoch:

I 2 got my MRD Expert from Steve Goode's I was always in these seeing what I needed 2 save my pocket money 4  ::)

I remember we used to run tabs so we could pay for that new DC Pre Bent Lever in gold over several weeks, a little at a time, until the slate was clean and the next item could be bought! I was super proud of the "Steve Goode Motorcycles" pads in Red that Steve gave me for my BH Cali! Awwwww, memories!

Wolsol RAD meet up needs organising, clearly!  :D

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Steve used 2 get me stuff on order when other shops couldn't b bothered . He was ace 2  8) think he moved 2 a unit in Brickyard Road Aldridge 4 a while , bet he's retired by now. Used 2 get my Grippa tyres from him it was the only place I could get them bitd  :smitten:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Looks like Krystaldot and myself were drinking buddies in the Duke of York pub in Chuckery 10 years or so back  :shocked:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 12:24 PM »

Clean

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 12:28 PM »
This thread is completely bonkers!  :idiot2:

What on earth have I started?  :shocked:

Yikes!  :D

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 12:32 PM »
I'm gonna c if I can contact him right now  :daumenhoch: should b fun  :2funny:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Just sent him mail will b interested 2 c if he comes back 2 me  ::)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 01:28 PM »
this is a cool thread.
orange chips  :smitten:.
forgot about them lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

griff

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 01:44 PM »
gonna be in walsall/brum after the leicester thing on 9th april
hoping to score some orange chips the day after (can't remember if Cod's Plaice in willenhall is open on sundays though)

I'd be even fatter if I lived back in midlands - the portions are fookin massive

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The "E.T. Endo"

gfxgfx
gfx gfx