gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 05, 2024, 12:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another dodgy gumtree hoax ? ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another dodgy gumtree hoax ? ??  (Read 772 times)

energiza

another dodgy gumtree hoax ? ??
« on: July 03, 2011, 09:20 PM »
 :( 1980.s pk ripper.dont even think of contacting this ad..listed in reading for £230 'its the ballbarnized one with redline bars sugino 3pc crank etc..ive been in contact with the so called seller,ill copy n paste the hotmail messages for u all to see this is how it started
hi could you give me a bell or text if you still have bike availible,,regards lee
Hi, not sold yet. I can't phone you as i am deaf, this is my only way of contact, but please bare with me I am a serious seller...if you're no timewaster nd have cash for it reply straight away coz I want a fast sale hence the relative small price. I prefer collection but can deliver as well. Thx, Tiff
my reply
hi tiff cash aint a proplem mate,.where would pick up be from.?,as im in essex
them again lol
Hi Lee, excuse my late reply but I was tied up with work outside of town. Would u agree with delivery ? coz as I've mentioned I'm caught out of town with work commitments and I had left the bike to a local courier this afternoon at my expense incl the shipping costs. If u agree with delivery I'll wait ur shipping address, a delivery date & time that suits you and ur phone number as the agent will ring you with few minutes before delivering. The bike will get to u in approx 1 day. You'll have to inspect and void the shipment if something's wrong and the agent will take it back if you don't sign for it, but everything is like I described so there shouldn't be any problems. You'll need cash or credit card to pay the delivery agent on receipt. Thx, Tiff
they must think ppl are f**kin stupid..just be aware regards lee

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:03 PM by energiza »

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: another dodgy gumtree hoax
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:26 PM »
i cant phone you as i'm deaf ;D get him to put a flashing bulb on his phone when it rings ;D
For powder coating drop me a pm

energiza

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32 PM »
 :) sounds proper moody dont it dan..lookin at the last message it said i could inspect before signing and paying..just dont feel right to me

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:37 PM »
:) sounds proper moody dont it dan..lookin at the last message it said i could inspect before signing and paying..just dont feel right to me

if it dont feel right lee walk away, i hear a lot about gumtree dealings and it's never good feed back :(
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: another dodgy gumtree hoax ? ??
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 10:53 PM »
There is a phone service for the deaf, I've had to use it in the past. You talk to a person who then types a message or morse code or something to the deaf person.  :)

Tachikoma

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Insist on collecting in person, see what stupid excuse they give  :buck2:

energiza

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 01:18 PM »
so here we go..sent a reply saying i would prefer pickup and they replyed saying they would contact me thursday when they get back..so i said coolio ill deffo have this bike can you forward me your address.as any1 would say the same then i get this message this morning
reply from tiff lol
Hi Lee, excuse my late reply but I was tied up with work outside of town. Would u agree with delivery ? because as I've mentioned I'm currently caught out of town running an errand and I had left the bike to a local courier this morning at my expense including the shipping costs anywhere to UK mainland. So total cost: £480
The bike will get to u in approx 24 hours. If u agree with delivery I'll wait ur shipping address, a delivery date & time that suits you and ur phone number as the agent will ring you with few minutes before delivering. Otherwise I'll be back home on saturday if you want to view before deciding to buy.
Thx, Tiff

so i replyed this
your confusing me..your emailed me this message already..said you would get back to me on thursday as i would prefer pickup..if the bike is in reading how the hell can it cost £250 to corrier..as its only £25 max to corrier a bike..think your out to screw people over myself..but could be wrong
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35 PM »
This is the reply i got....

Hi, not sold yet. I can't phone you as i am deaf, this is my only way of contact, but please bare with me I am a serious seller. I'll be available on monday afternoon for collection...if you're no timewaster nd have cash for it reply straight away coz I want a fast sale hence the relative small price. I prefer collection but can deliver as well. Thx, Tiff

P.S.: I can't call or text you at the moment.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39 PM »
OOOOPS, you just caught yourself out there with your double handles  ;D

happy birthday by the way  :daumenhoch:

energiza

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:06 PM »

did you mail them aswell tellis..what do u mean by double handles pickle ???

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 02:07 PM »

did you mail them aswell tellis..what do u mean by double handles pickle ???

Yeah i did.

Double handles???  ???

energiza

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08 PM »
This is the reply i got....

Hi, not sold yet. I can't phone you as i am deaf, this is my only way of contact, but please bare with me I am a serious seller. I'll be available on monday afternoon for collection...if you're no timewaster nd have cash for it reply straight away coz I want a fast sale hence the relative small price. I prefer collection but can deliver as well. Thx, Tiff

P.S.: I can't call or text you at the moment.

thats exactly the same 1st email i got from them..

energiza

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 02:14 PM »
 :) just went on gumtree to post link up on here & the ad as completely disapeared weird that aint it..

mattuknc

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 02:16 PM »
I emailed Gumtree about a motorbike that was 'well shifty', they emailed me back and removed it almost straight away.
Just let them know, they'll take it off.  :daumenhoch:

Sounds a good deal though.   ;D

Offline lammychop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:06 PM »
yeah i emailed that ripper i knew it was a scam as the ad was one day old and it was still for sale,as soon as he mentioned shipping i told him to stick it up his scamming arse

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another dodgy gumtree hoax ? ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx