gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ano removal question - araya aeros/suntour hubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ano removal question - araya aeros/suntour hubs  (Read 1034 times)

griff

ano removal question - araya aeros/suntour hubs
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:05 PM »
anyone know if the oven pride trick works ok on these?
wasn't sure if they were hard ano or not (and whether that makes any difference)

thenk you please

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: ano removal question - araya aeros/suntour hubs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:09 PM »
oven pride should do the trick.   :daumenhoch:  btw MIGHT have a black,tuff neck style seat clamp for you as well!!

sid1972

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Oven pride works mate, but I use caustic soda which is the agent in oven pride that does the stripping. You can get it from most chemist, b&q etc.

Just do it outside with gloves and googles and don't stand there breathing in the vapour!  ;)

my thread on polishing rims shows the process.

Less hassle is to take them to a powder coater and get them 'aqua blastered', they guy I use charges £10 for 2 rims - lot less bother but not as much fun!

Enjoy!

griff

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18 PM »
oven pride should do the trick.   :daumenhoch:  btw MIGHT have a black,tuff neck style seat clamp for you as well!!

Dave you're too much - I should just bring that frame back round yours and let you build it  :2funny:

(well I will be knocking your door no doubt when it's time to fit the beartrap headset that's going on it  ::) :-[)

Oven pride works mate, but I use caustic soda which is the agent in oven pride that does the stripping. You can get it from most chemist, b&q etc.

Just do it outside with gloves and googles and don't stand there breathing in the vapour!  ;)

my thread on polishing rims shows the process.

Less hassle is to take them to a powder coater and get them 'aqua blastered', they guy I use charges £10 for 2 rims - lot less bother but not as much fun!

Enjoy!

thought the rims would be ok - hubs too?
ones I'm looking at are wrong colour for my build (& probably will go over budget ) but just in case.....

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:21 PM »
yea,headset's no prob!! :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:28 PM »
yea,headset's no prob!! :daumenhoch:

nice one  :4_17_5: hopefully will have the rust off the frame by the time I pick the headset up  :daumenhoch:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:30 PM »
i used caustic soda to strip my rims last week, in my shed with the door closed and no gloves or goggles while smoking a fag. got a great hit of it. :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37 PM »
impressive, now if you had somehow introduced a cat/brand new quilt cover into the mix that could have netted you a prize  :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:11 AM »
meh - had a cheeky bid for some at last minute, but missed em  ::)
gonna keep my eyes out for a bargain... thanks guys for your help anyway  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ano removal question - araya aeros/suntour hubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx