gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Freewheel + Dishwasher = love?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Freewheel + Dishwasher = love?  (Read 560 times)

punkdSICO

Freewheel + Dishwasher = love?
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Hi - just restoring my Skyway Tuff IIs.  They are pretty much all in bits and have cleaned up nicely.  I have already squirted de-greaser all over the place, including into the freewheel which I have left on because I dont have the tool.  I am also going to stick the wheels into the dishwasher but, will this shag the freewheel?  It appears to be sealed so will I be stripping the grease out of it?  Maybe I have already shagged it by skirting with de-grease?

The hubs are the old flanged, lose bearing hubs so all the hub bearings wont be going through the cycle, and besides, these will be re-greased before assembly.

PS: does de-grease damange the Skyway's plastic??

ta,

Paul

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Freewheel + Dishwasher = love?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:55 AM »
The dishwasher should have little effect on the frewheel, just go round the seam of the freewheel with some 3in1 oil and you should be fine  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Freewheel + Dishwasher = love?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx