gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975605 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 12, 2024, 11:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today i dropped into a bowl for the first time :) :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today i dropped into a bowl for the first time :) :)  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
lovely day, kids all at school skatepark to myself :) Time to fail or fly

and a short video if you can see it
http://www.facebook.com/v/10150241488691942

I would like to thank all the lads i met at Blackpool for inspiring me, encouraging me to buy a new school, and giving me all the tips so far, I'm having so much fun!!

Tomorrow morning. . . . . learning to get out of the bowl!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:34 PM by Jaymz »

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Today i dropped into a bowl for the first time :) :)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30 PM »
getting out is easier - you have done the hard work and broke the barrier of droping in  :daumenhoch:

I remember rolling in in on satan's toilet / southsea's concrete bowl, on my skateboard when i was young - holy shite ! it's a feeling of earning yer balls  :2funny:

keep it up mate  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:39 PM »
getting out is easier - you have done the hard work and broke the barrier of droping in  :daumenhoch:

I remember rolling in in on satan's toilet / southsea's concrete bowl, on my skateboard when i was young - holy shite ! it's a feeling of earning yer balls  :2funny:

keep it up mate  ;)

My brother was photographing and videoing my progress, he has a hilarious vid of my first attempt. I roll accross the edge gently, shout 'i cant fooking do it mate' and bottle it, took me about three attempts before i went for it. Wanted to practice on a smaller drop in, but that is the smallest at 6ft, looks like death valley when you are riding towards ot!!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:48 PM »
YEAH JAYMZ.  :2gunsfiring_v1: good work fella... gotta love man-ing up for a drop in  :angel:

I sat there for hours looking at the Boardroom bowl then just snapped, said fook IT and did it.  :LolLolLolLol:

Feels GREAT doesn't it... and with Spen's purple thing between your thighs as well  :shocked:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:54 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

punkdSICO

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Mate - thats great.  Funny but the drop does not look that big on video but I can appreciate your comments about it being higher from the top.

I have not managed to get to a park yet, after getting back into BMXing 4 weeks ago.

btw, why did you buy a new school bike?  Ive gone back to my dream bikes so old school.  Maybe not the best choice in terms of riding but, I doubt the bike will ever be the limiting factor in my riding :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Mate - thats great.  Funny but the drop does not look that big on video but I can appreciate your comments about it being higher from the top.

I have not managed to get to a park yet, after getting back into BMXing 4 weeks ago.

btw, why did you buy a new school bike?  Ive gone back to my dream bikes so old school.  Maybe not the best choice in terms of riding but, I doubt the bike will ever be the limiting factor in my riding :)

yeah it does look tiny on the pics and vid, but its 6ft down, im stood on the pedals which are say about 10/12inches from the floor and im 5'5" so from my eye level im about 11ft to the floor :( and i'm scared of heights!!!!

I bought the new school after going to a meet in Blackpool with some of the lads from here, it was to say the least inspiring for me. I knew from then i wanted to get my park riding up and not just be able to ride dirt track, and new school was the way forward for me, and while there i fell in love with spens pink prowler, and prised it out of hands shortly afterwards.

YEAH JAYMZ.  :2gunsfiring_v1: good work fella... gotta love man-ing up for a drop in  :angel:

I sat there for hours looking at the Boardroom bowl then just snapped, said fook IT and did it.  :LolLolLolLol:

Feels GREAT doesn't it... and with Spen's purple thing between your thighs as well  :shocked:

It feels amazing, the adrenaline was pumping so hard my hands were shaking after the first go, amazing buzz. And spens pink prowler is more than enough to take it on too, its as if the geometry was designed around me, it feels so right when im on it.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 01:57 PM »
J. are your top 2 photos the wrong way round? I was gonna change it but... us mods get in trouble very easily these days  >:D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:03 PM »
no idea, they are all from separate attempts, as I went down on my own, and my brother saw my car as he drove by the park and stopped in, and took some snaps with his phone, so they arent continous, i just lumped them together in an order that made some sort of sense. but looking at the front tyre position they could do with being reversed in order to make a better story from them

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Jaymz, I typed out a lengthy "how to" guide to getting back out of the bowl and my pc crashed :2gunsfiring_v1:

I'll send it again tonight, but it's all about which way you turn and which foot you can take off the pedals bud.

Congrats for doing it - took you less time than Ed thank fook, or we would be having to call you gay :yahoo_silent:

Just be cautious of concrete bud :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 02:33 PM »
the concrete in our park is vicous, highly polished, my brother went a box of shlt trying to get out on foot, good job its open ended, why he didnt go that way i'll never know, but then again, I got the brains he got the brawn!! he's 6ft and built like a concrete post, and has the sense of one too

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Well done Jaymz  :4_17_5:

That boys got skills  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 02:35 PM »
nice1 Jaymz, its good to get that 1st drop in under your belt.....Ed I won't believe you've done it until I see it with my own eyes >:D

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Cheers Peter/Rollin it feels great im all buzzing

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Kudos mate...I remember dropping off a home made quarterpipe when I was about 15....Fell straight to the flat bit and twisted my ankle about 180'.... Ouch!  :'(

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Nicely done Jay  :daumenhoch:   its a small thing and no doubt some will wonder what all the fuss is all about but after not doing it for a couple of decades or never doing it at all the old ringer nips a bit on the first one,  when i hit the bowls for the first time the other year i felt pysically sick afterwards , still scares the shite out of me but i'm growing to like that feeling again , like lining up on the gate after 20 years away from racing ,   fookin brill ,adrenalin rush followed by the biggest grin on yer face ever,  well done mate  :daumenhoch:   i'm with Spen on the concrete,    get well padded up or dont ride , simple,, no excuse :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Nicely done Jay  :daumenhoch:   its a small thing and no doubt some will wonder what all the fuss is all about but after not doing it for a couple of decades or never doing it at all the old ringer nips a bit on the first one,  when i hit the bowls for the first time the other year i felt pysically sick afterwards , still scares the shite out of me but i'm growing to like that feeling again , like lining up on the gate after 20 years away from racing ,   fookin brill ,adrenalin rush followed by the biggest grin on yer face ever,  well done mate  :daumenhoch:   i'm with Spen on the concrete,    get well padded up or dont ride , simple,, no excuse :daumenhoch:

I dont attempt anything without helmet/knees/shins/elbows and gloves fella. I have a job to hold down, cant afford to be off because i've broken something

monkian

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Smooth 8) :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 03:40 PM »
I thought the dropping in part was ok, but took me at least 3 goes to get out!!!
Not a valid vimeo URL this was one of my less successful attempts at leicester

well done mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Good on ya jaymz....  :4_17_5:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Nice one Jaymz  :4_17_5:

looks like a good ramp too  :coolsmiley:

With a little more work you'll be able to do proper drop ins like the daddy himself

watch how to drop in Wilkerson style  :4_17_5:

at the start and 3 mins in too  8) X100000

/>

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Nice one Jaymz  :4_17_5:

looks like a good ramp too  :coolsmiley:

With a little more work you'll be able to do proper drop ins like the daddy himself

watch how to drop in Wilkerson style  :4_17_5:

at the start and 3 mins in too  8) X100000

/>

that is epic, bloody scary dropping in backwards

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today i dropped into a bowl for the first time :) :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx