gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 11:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Putting different stickers on your bike ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Putting different stickers on your bike ??  (Read 3755 times)

punkdSICO

Putting different stickers on your bike ??
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Hi all - what is the general opinion of pimping you bike with non-true stickers?  For example, if I got a cheapish twin top tube frame (Aero Reflex) and stuck Haro Freestyler stickers on it because I actually want a Freestyler, is this considered twat-esque?  I see quite a few examples of people putting, say, Freestyler stickers on a Haro Invert and I think they look great, but, putting Haro stickers on a non-Haro??  Will I get banned from RadBMX?

Sorry if this is a silly question..

ta,

Paul

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Putting different stickers on your bike ??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Hi Paul

I reckon you would be better off building a good quality honest Aero Reflex. They look smart when well put together.

I don't think Freestyler decals are the way to go because it's just too obvious it's not one.

Just my penith anyhow.

Cheers Ben

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:45 AM »
I,m not sure but 'twat-esque' is the best word i've heard in a long time. :LolLolLolLol:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I agree with Ben i got a Reflex and i got Del to make me some really nice custom Aero decals just to make it diff from the rest.
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22 PM »
I butcher framesets tbh. If they are cheap. I've got a townsend that's stickeered up as a skyway and an unknown frameset that's stickered as a kuwi. My kids love them. And the bonus is it looks the job but if you trash it who cares. I think I'll be riding the kuwi rep on the blackpool meet as its not had an airing before.

But something like an aero really has a good standing in bmx history so ii wouldn't cover that up. I only disguise cheap frames and build them into riders

punkdSICO

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35 PM »
I agree with Ben i got a Reflex and i got Del to make me some really nice custom Aero decals just to make it diff from the rest.
I just looked up your Aero - super sexy!

Paul

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 12:36 PM »
some times it can be ok ona unkown frame - but you will always have people that know that it is not the real thing

it's like sticking porshe badges on A ford - it may look cool to the untraind eye but not right to those who do

it's not wrong it just don't look right  ;D

but at the end of the day it's your bike  8)

instead of Haro decals why not try product decals -

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 12:39 PM »
^^^ Product decals are a great idea if you fancy something different.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 12:50 PM »
People used to do it BITD

and people still do it now like with E.T. ( Hot hearts)and  Hutch Pro star's

it's not right

When kids did it back then it was a bit more innocent and fun ( Look at the old pics of  ED209's bike with the T/A stickers  ):daumenhoch:,

but collectors doing it now are trying to fool people that they're bikes are something they aren't for some Kudos and praise :crazy2:

It's better to build a great version of what it actually is than , a fake  to con people ,IMO

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51 PM »
It take me back to when you bought a new part and they had a sticker/decal in the bag - bang straight on the bike - you don't see much of that anymore as we tend to resto back to out of the shop style and not a year later look - maybe we will see a couple of builds with that in mind - a way to go i think  8)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:09 PM »
I am thinking of putting a set of Magna screamer decals on my S&M race bike, or possibly a Rooster Big Daddy set
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Diggler if you do that you will be elevated to god like status in my book

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 04:15 AM »
I'd have a chat to Del about some of his custom Aero Decals, they look wwwaaaayyyyy better than the stock ones; if you have a look in the Museum section you find a fair few examples  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Clean

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Pay your Reflex the respect it deserves and sticker it up as one (I would say that, as I have one).

Del does some great custom sets and he is second to none for Customer Service.

punkdSICO

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Pay your Reflex the respect it deserves and sticker it up as one (I would say that, as I have one).

Del does some great custom sets and he is second to none for Customer Service.
Yeah, 3 weeks back into my BMXing (and 3 BMXs later) I know realise that the question should not have even been asked..

But yeah, I have missed out on a few Reflexs over the 3 weeks but I still think they are a very sexy bike..

ta,

Paul

curtispro

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 03:38 PM »
I should have known better, but I have done it  :LolLolLolLol: (could not find the correct decals and couldn't bring myself to spend $$$$$ on custom decals) built it up for the missus, early 90's Diamondback with old school and repo parts. I like it so sticker it up how you like as its your bike  :daumenhoch:

m5 paul

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 04:57 PM »
You could always modify an existing design. I have just received this morning a set of stickers from Del for my aero F&F. It has never really been confirmed what this F&F is so I decided to have a bit of fun. Can anyone say SKYWAT :D ;) ???

moochalargo

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Bits my dad replaced the stickers on my Curtis with Brian Curtis stickers purchased from Brian him self at a meet! Brian had no problem with it either!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Putting different stickers on your bike ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx