gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 02:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Got my 1987 Haro fst freestlyler in red coral and black out to give a wipe over
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Got my 1987 Haro fst freestlyler in red coral and black out to give a wipe over  (Read 12857 times)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

changed tyres and seat clamp 2/6/2011 see last post
 Here we have my 1987  Haro FST freestyler in red coral and black , i have had this one a while it is the only bike i bought which was basically complete apart from no brakes and a crap seat on it i bought it mainly because it was near mint when i got it and had the cracking early steel hubbed skyways on it , when i first got this i whacked some vector unlimited freestyle bars on it , i've never been over fond of this one i don't know why maybe its because i didn't put it all together anyway i thought i'd bring it down and give it a wipe over and thought i'll put the original bars back on and i had some oakley 3 grips spare so i thought i'd whack them on, i have tried them on a few other of my bikes and they never looked right , so i thought i'd try them also had a black tuf seatclamp which i never thought looked right so i changed that to an alloy one dk i think maybe , after i'd changed these bits i stood back and looked at it and hey presto just by swapping afew parts i saw it in a whole different light and its growing on me now

spec list
1987 Haro FST Freestlyler frame and forks in orig red coral and black
Haro Master/freestyler bars
redline forklifter
Oakley 3 grips
DC 901 brakes and levers
early steel hubbed skyway tuffs which are only signed skyway on hub and just have serial number only on rims circa 1979/80  near mint with coaster brake
panaracer gumwall freestyle tyres
orig black chrome crank with haro uni directional chainring
elina bolt seat
uni seat post
mks graphites survivor pedals (had the victor mks copies on which were original to the bike from factory but i upgraded to the mks)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:10 PM by glenboy »

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

So you got the wall finished  :daumenhoch: then play time  :LolLolLolLol:  looking good Glen  :4_17_5:

:crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Nice looking Haro Glen :smitten:
I would try swapping the brakes to 880s or Nippons then run the Potts modd :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

So you got the wall finished  :daumenhoch: then play time  :LolLolLolLol:  looking good Glen  :4_17_5:

:crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:   

yeh brother just finished it , last time i'll say "i'm not paying someone to stack up some stones i'll do it myself" what a frikkin ballache of a job  :LolLolLolLol: 

its the only bike i like the oakley 3 's on they kind of look ok i thinks

Nice looking Haro Glen :smitten:
I would try swapping the brakes to 880s or Nippons then run the Potts modd :daumenhoch:

Thanks brett yeh its weird how just changing a few bits just makes it look so much better , like on your master i know you've only changed a few bits but it looks smokin now  :smitten: , i have the potts modd bolt already in abox somewhere

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:

So you got the wall finished  :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:  That bloody wall is like the Forth road bridge  :D

Looking good Glen but the White Survivor Haro is still my favourite Haro of yours  :smitten:

The tweaks especially the bar colour are improvements imo ...... Having said that those Red Vector bars are cool  8)

Maybe a silver/chrome seat post  ???
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:

Thanks brett yeh its weird how just changing a few bits just makes it look so much better , like on your master i know you've only changed a few bits but it looks smokin now  :smitten: , i have the potts modd bolt already in abox somewhere

Thanks Glen I always wanted the master as it is now but found it hard finding the right parts.  I have no patience and just wanted to ride her  :LolLolLolLol:
With my GL I blew the budget to get it right first time.  sometimes you just have to pay for the right parts :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Looking good Glen but the White Survivor Haro is still my favourite Haro of yours  :smitten:

The tweaks especially the bar colour are improvements imo ...... Having said that those Red Vector bars are cool  8)

yeh that wall was getting epic joff  ;D yeh i know what you mean re seatpost might do something about that unless i flog it all darren above  :LolLolLolLol:

edit took your advice and fitted a chrome post i had kinking about

Thanks Glen I always wanted the master as it is now but found it hard finding the right parts.  I have no patience and just wanted to ride her  :LolLolLolLol:
With my GL I blew the budget to get it right first time.  sometimes you just have to pay for the right parts :daumenhoch:

with the potts mod bolt is it a special one for the forklifters as mine (the that goes into forks) is only a short stem , i think the potts mod bolt i have an odyssey one i think and i know its longer or do you just cut the excess off
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:22 AM by glenboy »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
I think with a set of nice 48's and some black/flesh wall tyres it would look even better!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
I like it, it's completely era incorrect, which is how most of our bikes were back in the day, looks like you got a new frame, forks and bars for christmas and upgraded your old one!!

Only thing is, by 1987, those oakleys would have been binned!!
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:

yeh that wall was getting epic joff  ;D yeh i know what you mean re seatpost might do something about that unless i flog it all darren above  :LolLolLolLol:

edit took your advice and fitted a chrome post i had kinking about

I think the chrome seatpost looks better Glen  8) ........... it's your bike though , build it how you want it ;)

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Like it - had one of these myself for ages and rode it everywhere before I got my Sport :daumenhoch:

Those old Tuffs.... man, they are ace :smitten: :smitten:
Still limping......

welsh denny

nice. did my new skool rider up as a retro haro (its actually a proper dolomite- phil dolan sig frame from 2004).

had a few of these coloured masters back in the 80's and 90's.

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
thanks guys we just love messing about with our stuff eh there is nowt better than getting the allen keys out at 1 in morning

denny that bike is friggin awesome i love the geometry and the big tyres looks amazing that really nice  :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
just an update changed the tyres from the red panny freestyle to these cheng shin whitewalls i got off thewinsta for a tenner and fitted my hutch donut seatclamp on and i'm really starting to like this bike now

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:08 PM by glenboy »

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Looking super nice dude but please lose them Cobra grips  :buck2:  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Looking super nice dude but please lose them Cobra grips  :buck2:  :daumenhoch:

i hated them i've tried em on all my bikes then tried to sell em and they wouldn't go then thought i'll try em on here and weirdly i really like em on this  :D  ;D

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
the ET police are after you they want that seat!   :police: :2funny: ;D love the bike :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Got my 1987 Haro fst freestlyler in red coral and black out to give a wipe over

gfxgfx
gfx gfx