gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975553 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 10:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DB Pro Large........ Spannered! :(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DB Pro Large........ Spannered! :(  (Read 1099 times)

Clean

DB Pro Large........ Spannered! :(
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:14 PM »
RADSters,

I have been restoring a pair of Araya 7Xs in Black for my DB Pro Large build; they arrived with the running gear stripped, but they were filthy.  :yahoo_silent:

After much Wet and Dry, Elbow Grease and Peek I greased up my balls and threaded in my shafts, and that's where I came undone.....  :-\

Does anyone have an appropriate thin flat spanner I can borrow for holding the cones in place whilst I tighten up the locking nuts, please? I think those old school Raleigh spanners will do the trick.  :daumenhoch:

I can't complete the build without one, and I was wondering if anyone could post me one for a short loan, and then I will post it back? Happy to cover postage and inconvenience with a PP Gift.  :angel:

Please help?  ???

Thanks,

Clean.

*ps* Here are a few teasers:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: DB Pro Large........ Spannered! :(
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:19 PM »
Try your local bike shop, they'll have them for a couple of quid

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:39 PM »
where are you based

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:10 AM »
like this - always useful more than once - best to get a set and then life will be smooth - well nearly  ;D

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_714307_langId_-1_categoryId_242558
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

1mancity2

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Halfords also do a bike tool kit for £29.99 with cone spanners, allen keys, crank puller, etc etc etc, get one bought you tight bugger  :daumenhoch:

DB looks ace Ricardo  :4_17_5:

Parkesst5

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:38 AM »
That looks the dogs!   :smitten: Has that had a re-chrome or is it a survivor?  Really interested to see how it turns out!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:18 AM »
You know where I am Rich if you have the time to pop down - got a set of spanners you can use to sort those bad-boys out, but I'm not sending them off to you as I need them :daumenhoch:

Cost me less than a tenner for two from my LBS (JE James, the posh one, not the little one you saw when you were here last time)

Get yourself the tools for the job mate and you'll graduate from Newbie to full-blown Radster........ :shocked: :2funny:

Oh, I'll show you how to shiny-side the rims and help you do it if you want to pop down :daumenhoch:

Spen

ps - that DB is FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIN lush! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, especially as it's nickel and not even chrome :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Still limping......

Clean

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:25 AM »
That looks the dogs!   :smitten: Has that had a re-chrome or is it a survivor?  Really interested to see how it turns out!

Cheers, fella. The Frameset was re-nickled by the previous owner, mate! See the slightly yellow tinge to the colouring?  :daumenhoch:

You know where I am Rich if you have the time to pop down - got a set of spanners you can use to sort those bad-boys out, but I'm not sending them off to you as I need them :daumenhoch:

Cost me less than a tenner for two from my LBS (JE James, the posh one, not the little one you saw when you were here last time)

Get yourself the tools for the job mate and you'll graduate from Newbie to full-blown Radster........ :shocked: :2funny:

Oh, I'll show you how to shiny-side the rims and help you do it if you want to pop down :daumenhoch:

Spen

ps - that DB is FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIN lush! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, especially as it's nickel and not even chrome :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Spen,

Thanks for the ongoing OS-BMX Noob Workshops! Will bell you in a mo, and see you this weekend!  :daumenhoch:

:4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DB Pro Large........ Spannered! :(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx