gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 05:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP Firebird Freestyler Restro - first stage (3 more pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DP Firebird Freestyler Restro - first stage (3 more pics)  (Read 1248 times)

punkdSICO

Hi all

Got some stuff back from Hockley Chromers (Sounth End on Sea) yesterday.  Posted these in Chromer and Dels Decals thread but, sticking them in here aswell.

The results are incredible.  Bars are 100%, frame has minimal pitting that you have to really search for (due to the original condition of the bike).

Before:

Now:

btw, the Paul Hudson bars are for my Vincent Airzone.  Had a hard time deciding if to get the decals back in the original white/blue or, match the Airzone's black/white.  I really pleased I went black/white as the font/colour match perfectly.  Ill post complete pics maybe tomorrow, of the Airzone.

Was hoping to get most of the Firebird build done this weekend but the crank Im waiting on did not arrive in time  :(

Exciting days!!

ta,

Paul
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:32 PM by punkdSICO »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Looking good so far! Is the Airzone frame back as well? turn around time has improved if it is.... :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

Looking good so far! Is the Airzone frame back as well? turn around time has improved if it is.... :daumenhoch:
Hi - when I got the Airzone, the frame looked like it had been in space for the last 28 years (either that or it has been re-chomed as its perfect).  I only got the DP frame/forks plus bars and a post done.

Hockley's quoted 3 weeks and they did it in 3 weeks, 3 days so I guess that was okay.  Their prices, btw, were:

Frame: 140
Forks: 20
Bars: 30

(inclusive).

I would defo use them again..

ta,

Paul

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Stunning results mate and them bars omg  :smitten: :smitten:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
That looks amazing  :daumenhoch: I got a pair of them bars that need rechroming ::)

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
Never seen those bars before, they are Fookin beautiful.

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: DP Firebird Freestyler Restro - first stage (3 more pics)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Looking F'ing sweet - yummy chrome that makes you want to lick it  :smitten: or is that just me  :shocked: ;D

top work and makes me want to get my GL Plus done  >:D

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP Firebird Freestyler Restro - first stage (3 more pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx