gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975569 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 19, 2024, 11:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Thanks to everyone that makes MK special!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thanks to everyone that makes MK special!  (Read 13540 times)

Clean

Thanks to everyone that makes MK special!
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:35 PM »
Abso-fooking-lute-ly fantastic weekend.

Sooooo feeling the RAD love!  :smitten:  :smitten: :smitten:

My sincere thanks go to:

The RAD Team for the time and effort put into making MK such a special experience  :daumenhoch:

The Sponsors for the support that helps to make it happen  :daumenhoch:

The hordes of fanatics, and their passion and determination, that make the Factory themed displays so stunning

Every RADster that showed and shined

The Helipad Crew (you all know who you are) for the fun  :D

The Brummie Brothers, Craig and Grant, for the old school 80s Beat Box (and the Burner!)  8)

The Buddhists that helped make one of the most surreal moments of the weekend  :shocked:

Brettypeeps for truing my 7x  :daumenhoch:

Anyone that doesnt get called out in the list above  :angel:

and of course.... TENTY TOOTY!  ;D

I am still buzzing; can't wait for MK12!  :daumenhoch:

Roll on RADchester!  :smitten:

moomin

Re: Thanks to everyone that makes MK special!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Many Thanks to all the admin and mods, i know how hard you all work and stress over the event and how sometimes it feels unrewarded but you are all bloody stars, special huggles to my little welsh friend Nick, it came good in the end my little daffodil  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:40 PM »
got back tonight & mrs griff asked me how it went..

-- told her it was how I imagine a bloke's version of a wimminz retreat would be, who needs spa treatments when you can spend time building stuff, using spanners, lighting fires, eating meat and generally fooking about?

how many peeps were on the lake ride????   :daumenhoch:

PauliePOW

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:58 PM »
When does the lake ride usually occur? I want in next year!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:01 AM »
it ws an awesome weekend, as said......big Thanks to everyone for all the hard work you all put in, big thanks to all you guys....yes everyone who turned up and jus had a superb time.  all the people who took the time and effort to build some of the best bikes i'v ever seen!!  :shocked:

Big thanks to Jai for letting me live the dream and work in an 80's bike shop!  had a blast behind there working with Pooly and watching peoples faces when you told them "yes they really are just £10"  ;D

Had a superb time myself and glad everyone else had a blast as well  :4_17_5:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:48 AM »
It was truely an excellent weekend and you know my thanks go out to you all for organising it for us as I came and saw you all over the weekend and thanked you personally ;-)

Highlights in the main arena were of course the MicroRipper, the awesome builds, seeing Jonnygooses and Carlos' collections in daylight and chilling in the British tent with Animal, Cupid Stunt & Sawzall. Seeing people's faces light up when they bought stuff from Jai's "scrum" frenzy was brilliant and I looked at my bikes last night and wondered why I didn't buy a load of NOS calipers for them all at those fantastic prices but well ;-(

Highlights from the reprobates' helipad field were the ridiculous amount of people keeping warm around my BBQ with the 4-foot flames from Ed's timber forest he'd brought down, Steve for not burning himself but being the funniest sight there, making it till 5am with the Goose and loony Jase Sweetbeats, fixing loads of peoples bikes with my brother Hootski just like we used to do as kids with all our school-mates, sniffing out a few bargains for my survivor rides and of course meeting all my crazy mates and having a beer with them as I'm normally in a scate-park or delivering/dropping off BMX parts when I see you all.

The MK cherry-poping highlight was getting Griff out onto the track finally as his bike was built from bits he'd collected and we'd found at MK and he was about to bottle it until he saw me making Hootski's number-plate out of gaffer-tape at formula one pit-stop speed to get him onto the track aswell after an hour of scavenging the helipad for parts to get his bike built from scratch and race it (massive thanks to Torker Tony for the bargain 3pc BB which I thought I'd not find in time for Hootski's race!)

Let's not forget riding with the lake-ride possee which was a blast, hopping kerbs, jumping ditches and having the craic, it was brilliant!

Finally it wouldn't have been an MK without a member of the Gashead clan needing a chain sorting so Olie was keeping the tradition going this year!

Had a great time - now when's MK12?
Still limping......

xGoose

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Top weekend  :daumenhoch:

Cheers to everyone who organized, sponsored, attended, raced, showed, shined, bought, sold, repaired bikes, ate, drank, lake cruised, crashed into a bush (pics to follow - you know who you are! ;), built mini PK rippers, break danced round fires, burnt elina ul's etc.!...  :daumenhoch:

See you again next year ;)

Dan

sweetbeats

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Great weekend.
Thanks to the Mods/Admin etc for putting on a great show.
 8)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Great weekend.
 8)

Jase ,

It was you that put the show on but you wont remember being on earth never mind MK  :daumenhoch:

Poptastic  :4_17_5:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Quote of the weekend. 'It is like being 14 but you are alowed in the Pubs now'   :LolLolLolLol:

I had a great weekend Thanks to all the Rad crew :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Great weekend.
 8)

Jase ,

It was you that put the show on but you wont remember being on earth never mind MK  :daumenhoch:

Poptastic  :4_17_5:

Haha That is True my friend See you up Radchester soon  8)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Dont go out the night before  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

In2 bmx

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 12:14 PM »
got back tonight & mrs griff asked me how it went..

-- told her it was how I imagine a bloke's version of a wimminz retreat would be, who needs spa treatments when you can spend time building stuff, using spanners, lighting fires, eating meat and generally fooking about?

how many peeps were on the lake ride????   :daumenhoch:
Perfect description Griff .......  :daumenhoch:

I think i counted 56 on the lake Cruise  :4_17_5:
Great weekend.
 8)

Makes a nice change someone being more Crazy and fooked up than Crazy Craig ..  Well done jase  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23 PM »
had a great weekend thanks to all that made it happen  :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:24 PM »
 8)
I am sure Craig will take the Crazy Crown back at radchester  ;D

sweetbeats

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Dont go out the night before  :daumenhoch:

Ok Dad.
 ;)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 12:28 PM »
can only reitterate everything said above. aprt from the addition of being one of the select few that witnessed the 'tentendo'

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:35 PM »
TBH i was on it at the weekend but i think the amount of redbull i drank brought me back round .

Old School BMX only
Cash is King

sweetbeats

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50 PM »
I was up all night before so no sleeps landed at mk 7.15 am and just got totally on it straight away.
Think I nodded off about 7 next morning and was having a mornin Budweiser and got stung by an angry wasp - bet the poor wasp was fooked big style after dipping into my toxic bloodstream.
 :LolLolLolLol:

Night Rider

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36 PM »
My first ever MK and it was truly awsome, some of you might know me from burnerworld and I was a bit worried about turning up with my 'Super Tuff' but the radsters were a great bunch to meet and you made us Brummie brothers (Craig and myself Grant) feel very welcome. Had an absolute blast on the helipad on Saturday night hope you all enjoyed the blaster and the old school tunes and I'm sure The Smurf was played during the night Tenty Tooty (I thing your name was steve). The famous 'Tentendo guide rope trick was performed by my stepbrother Brian on Jaymz's Mongoose which he later sold for £100 a bargin and now a famous bmx. Big shout out to the organisers for all the hard work and sorting a perfect weekend. So many mind blowing builds too many to quote, loved it.

Talked to many people but as it was my first time at a rad event names to faces are fading as I'm now sober, Maybe a rogues gallery would be a good thing on here to help us newbies out.

CHEERS RADSTERS
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:39 PM by Night Rider »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 02:06 PM »
Grant, you're welcome buddy :daumenhoch:

You and Jase arguing about you (not) accusing him of being a Muslim was funny a fook mate, but we had to seperate you in the end as Jase was getting a bit carried away :2funny:

The beat box was great - see you & your bro next year for more burning shite on my BBQ :coolsmiley:

Spen
Still limping......

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 02:11 PM »
TBH i was on it at the weekend but i think the amount of redbull i drank brought me back round .

You was deffo on it  :LolLolLolLol:

Good to see you fella  :daumenhoch:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 02:16 PM »
 :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 02:24 PM »
can only reitterate everything said above. aprt from the addition of being one of the select few that witnessed the 'tentendo'

That tentendo was probably one of the funniest things i've seen, I can still hear the thud his head made when it hit the deck. Glad he was ok though and is now an MK legend.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 02:25 PM »

Only downside and a kick in the teeth was when i heard ??? say to sweetbeats "Go away and talk to Snav, I don't like him" on Sat night just before the film, Cheers for that  :daumenhoch: and you still spoke to me on the Sun  :idiot2:
I dont like you either  :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Thanks to everyone that makes MK special!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx