gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975577 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee May 29, 2024, 06:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Monsterous Subrosa DTT v2 [updated pics]
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Monsterous Subrosa DTT v2 [updated pics]  (Read 21197 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Monsterous Subrosa DTT v2
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

theRuler

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14 AM »
its got two top tubes.

What's wrong with having 2 top tubes?

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Two is always better than one  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

gobshite

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 02:17 PM »
its got two top tubes.

its pointless.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12 PM »
its got two top tubes.

its pointless.

If all the "pointless" things in the world were never created it would be a sad and boring world indeed!  :(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

gobshite

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 04:40 PM »
come on admit it, you only chose that frame because it has two top tubes, you dont give a fook who made it or how it rides,

if i put two top tubes on a pigs backside you fookers would start forming a que for one,

the days of the double top tube are over, i'm sorry but its just the way things are, there are a 100's of better made,better looking,better riding frames out there on the market,

get yourself some dignity and buy an s&m/fbm/standard/T1/wtp/cult/etc/etc/

do you even know who ryan fooking sher is?

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 04:48 PM »
no need for that kind of response really.

your like the big vern of bmx FFS

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:57 PM by J.T »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 05:11 PM »
its got two top tubes.

its pointless.

yeah, like your 'POSTS'   ::)

I like it !! You can't beat a Twin Toptube, just ask Bob  :coolsmiley:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 05:15 PM »
cant beat twin tubes....

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 05:20 PM »
 ;D

My thinking exactly when i said two is always better than one. Great minds and all that  :daumenhoch:

Tachikoma

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 06:27 PM »
come on admit it, you only chose that frame because it has two top tubes, you dont give a fook who made it or how it rides,

if i put two top tubes on a pigs backside you fookers would start forming a que for one,

the days of the double top tube are over, i'm sorry but its just the way things are, there are a 100's of better made,better looking,better riding frames out there on the market,

Ease up fella, and do yourself a favor by having the intelligence not to simply assume.
My choice in frame was made based on a very long list of things, geometry, height, weight, component adaptability (removable brake bosses), build quality and compatibility with my personal tastes and riding style.
I quite like the option of being able to framestand should I randomly want to do some more classic bmx tricks, and a double toptube makes that much easier.

If when buying a bike you *HAVE* to go for something better made, better looking and better riding , then every tom dick and abdul would be rolling around on the exact same bike, and that just sounds dumb, it's not far of being that way as it is with every single kid striving to have nothing but the color black on their bike.
I fail to see how going with a tried and tested pandora frame has anything to do with a "lack of dignity", especially when you ream off brands that make frames that really arent all that special either.

So what if they make "lighter" frames, bikes that are too light will feel just as shitty in the air as heavy bikes
So what if they make "better made" frames, i've seen my fair share of these so-called "better made" frames snapped in half
So what if they make "better looking" frames, that's entirely subjective, unless you're claiming your personal taste is universal.

As for knowing who Ryan Sher is, no, i've had my head in the sand like an osterich, i don't know that he is the founder of Subrosa, or that he rode for Kink, i just roll around splashing the cash on frames that have double top tubes for the sake of it hurrdurr  :uglystupid2:

Also, consider this, if i didn't have the first clue about "good" parts, why in the hell would i have gone all out on the rest of the bikes components?, surely some retard that bought a frame purely on looks alone would just throw on some shitty parts and have done?

Anyway to others interested in how it currently looks here you go.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:48 PM by Tachikoma »

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Sweet ride.

J4CK

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56 PM »
 :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Bang tidy  :4_17_5:

Looks very lush  :smitten:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

curtispro

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36 PM »
As I said in the other " twin tube thread" I am liking the look of those twin tube NS bikes ( must be an age thing) looking sweet mate  :daumenhoch:

Tachikoma

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Heading down the park tomorrow with oldschoolace, will get some better shots (indoors doesn't do the wheel color justice), will post them up tomorrow evening  ;)

J.T, Hopefully by next radchester this thing wont look like the F**kers long lost brother :D though i have to admit, odd tyres, rust and all, i'd still ride it.

gobshite

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 09:08 PM »

, then every tom dick and abdul would be rolling around on the exact same bike,

unless you're claiming your personal taste is universal.

Also, consider this, if i didn't have the first clue about "good" parts, why in the hell would i have gone all out on the rest of the bikes components?, surely some retard that bought a frame purely on looks alone would just throw on some shitty parts and have done?

tom dick and abdul........i liked that bit....:LolLolLolLol:

i am claiming that ,yes, show me a double top tube s&m or standard in their current line up?  or fit? fly? kink? united?

and its not really that i dont like the double top tube design, it just feels like its got no boll0cks, it wants to be "old school" looking but then fooks it up completely be masquerading as a new school frame,

strip off the stckers and put on some haro master stickers on it and i'd love it tbh, better still chrome it and put some gen1 freestyler stickers on and i'll let jt bum you dry...

the "good" parts bit is subjective, it does look a bit lbs tbh, wheels are sweet though, stem doesnt work, forks are beyond vile, with so much odyssey love why no twombolts?

aside from all that though, post up a pic of you doing a framestand and all will be forgiven :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 09:24 PM »
 :) I quite like it.Just glad you didn`t hack the brake lugs off,put Tuffs on it then moan that it won`t stop,ask about fitting a 1"threaded fork etc.... :daumenhoch:

Tachikoma

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 09:42 PM »

, then every tom dick and abdul would be rolling around on the exact same bike,

unless you're claiming your personal taste is universal.

tom dick and abdul........i liked that bit....:LolLolLolLol:

i am claiming that ,yes, show me a double top tube s&m or standard in their current line up?  or fit? fly? kink? united?

and its not really that i dont like the double top tube design, it just feels like its got no boll0cks, it wants to be "old school" looking but then fooks it up completely be masquerading as a new school frame,

strip off the stckers and put on some haro master stickers on it and i'd love it tbh, better still chrome it and put some gen1 freestyler stickers on and i'll let jt bum you dry...

the "good" parts bit is subjective, it does look a bit lbs tbh, wheels are sweet though, stem doesnt work, forks are beyond vile, with so much odyssey love why no twombolts?

aside from all that though, post up a pic of you doing a framestand and all will be forgiven :LolLolLolLol:

Tell you what, get one of the lads attending radchester next year to take some pics, i'm sure one of them got a vid of me doing a double footjam whip this year.
Just because other manufacturers haven't released a double toptube frame doesn't mean that it's a bad design or that your idea of style is universal, it just means that they're sticking to the norm because most current riders are set in their ways, subrosa took a risk with the DTT and released it along side the standard pandora, and personally i prefer the DTT.
I guess how quickly the DTT sold out for both the v1 and v2 model doesn't say much for peoples opinion of the styling - let me guess, just a bunch of old fookers wanting something oldschool looking right?, to each their own, if you wanna run a frame like looks damn near exactly like every other frame abeit slightly different geometrys, then by all means do so.

If i was going to put haro master stickers on any bike, it would be a haro master, i'm not a fan of dressing up a bike to make it look like something it's not, seeing shitty bubblegum welded bikes done up to look like kuwaharas has never seemed worth it to me, so the subrosa's going to stay stock.

Oh, and if you can point me to a LBS that sells bikes running gsport hubs on 7ka's, feel free to point me in their direction.

As for the forks that's a matter of functionality, directors offer near perfect clearance for grinds, which i do plenty of. Stem works fine if you know how to use tools properly, most retards complaining about slippage on elementary v3's do so because they either undertighten or overtighten and oval out the tubing.
As for hollowbites instead of twombolts, i'm not a fan of twombolts, i had considered a set of thunderbolts but decided against it last minute.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49 PM »
You have done  a sweet job of that fella, i love a quick burn on that, looks hungry for some abuse

curtispro

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 09:52 AM »
You have done  a sweet job of that fella, i love a quick burn on that, looks hungry for some abuse

You on about the bike or the two birds Jaymz  ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09 AM »
I've seen Ray900tap riding his and he's fooking rad as fook!   :daumenhoch:

Nice ride by the way  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I've seen Ray900tap riding his and he's fooking rad as fook! 

Indeed he is. And Rays reasons for liking a DDT frame:

"I love the double tt, to me, it states 'freestyle' as I got hooked on Bmx from Saturday morning tv in the 80's.. Race frames single, freestyle double, that IS the only reason I like them, & want to ride dtt.."

Not a valid vimeo URL

Ray doesnt really ride like anyone else. So rad!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 02:37 PM »
damn straight!  :daumenhoch:

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 04:45 PM »
thats cracking, ignore the tw@t knocking it mate... :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Monsterous Subrosa DTT v2 [updated pics]

gfxgfx
gfx gfx