gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975555 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 08:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The bmx iv always wanted build (ta xl)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The bmx iv always wanted build (ta xl)  (Read 14848 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: The bmx iv always wanted build (ta xl)
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51 PM »

Stidds- funny you should say that as i have a set of ally hub black tuffs for it and your points are all taken with a possitive vibe and your opinion is always taken onboard dude. thanks for being honest and i hope when its finished you may like it a tad more.

Deano, my points were definately meant to be positive dude, I forgot the smilies and that made my post look pushy and aggressive and I am sorry for that.  It really is one of the things that just annoy me, Skyways should always have Skyways simples.  But at the end of the day who gives a fook what I think, my Wife says I am full of sh*t  :D ;D

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 11:06 PM »
how about a nice set of matching decals for the post???.  :-X :D
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Deano

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 12:04 AM »
What do you mean? the seatpost decal?
All decals will be removed as im having some from del done as these ones dont stick down all the way and the clear part on the frame decals is clouded by im guessing them being done wet and a tad too soapy.
The new decals will be more a lighter bright blue like the headset decal and more like the grips/hubs/new nipples, rimtape,seat and brake when i find one.

:D

Also Stidds, i know that mate and its something that gets to me also with texts and forums that you cant tell how its been said.  ;) Iv been hanging around long enough to know what the banters like and im fairly easy going so take it all as possitive. Here for a good time not a long time is my moto  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:09 AM by Deano »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 01:06 AM »
What do you mean? the seatpost decal?
All decals will be removed as im having some from del done as these ones dont stick down all the way and the clear part on the frame decals is clouded by im guessing them being done wet and a tad too soapy.

Come on now Deano, time to start getting some balls and sticking those stickers onto a dry frame, you have been here long enough to fook stickers up like the rest of us do  ;D

bobbysam

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 06:52 AM »
Looks lush mate, looking forward to seeing it finished, top build :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 07:40 AM »
stunning!!!   blinging chrome bmx's look the bollox!    :4_17_5:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Gatters

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 07:52 AM »
Very nice would love a TA used to dream about them as a kid, I can still dream.....

Looking forward to the finished article  :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01 AM »
something like this for the post decal Deano, can't wait to see those new decals complete with air bubbles  >:D like Sean said, we all fook it up  :LolLolLolLol:
http://martin-bike.com/BikeBuilder/Seat%20Posts%20&%20Clamps/slides/6f60_1.html
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28 AM »

Super nice F+F Deano  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Deano lose those pro-class completely dude, in no universe should a race Skyway have any other wheels than black Skyways, I raced a lot bitd against Skyway sponsored riders and none of them had spokes.

I know they had Skyway graphites, but a set of black alloy hubbed skyways with black tyres screams Skyway racer.

Stidds there was only one FACTORY SKYWAY rider in your age class ................... And half way through the 84 season he rode with CHROME PROCLASS wheels ....... ME  :LolLolLolLol:

But i do agree TA"S look better with SKYWAYS on  :daumenhoch:

WOODY  .............. PS think there is a nice use of parts but i would change the bars ? if staying with spokes  :coolsmiley: very bling  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:14 AM by DARREN WOOD »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Woody. I never saw you using pro-class rims mate, but what do I know you were usually too far in front of me anyway.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Woody. I never saw you using pro-class rims mate, but what do I know you were usually too far in front of me anyway.  :LolLolLolLol:

not true ................ i had a two page interview / profile in racer and freestyler and they took pics of me on the bike with PROCLASS WHEELS on not good when your sponsored by SKYWAY  ???

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 10:24 AM »

not true ................ i had a two page interview / profile in racer and freestyler and they took pics of me on the bike with PROCLASS WHEELS on not good when your sponsored by SKYWAY  ???

Didn't see that one, oops.  Did Skyway mention it to you after the interview?

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 10:51 AM »
Looking good that Deano my old mucka   8)

Can't wait to see it finished .

Made up you finally got your dream bike ...... albeit 25 years later  :D 
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17 PM »
That frame looks in great nick.

Here's my old one...

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Deano

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 11:35 PM »
Ok just for the record and so you all know i never fitted these decals its how it came. I always go dry on all my builds and have a serious ocd problem so no bubbles will be eting under my vinyl i promise you all  ;D

Ill be getting the dx decal hopefully done in the same shade as the decal set once iv saved up enough funds.

Thanks Joff im buzzin about having it and should look nice with my streetbeat  :-*  :2funny:

Ron thats tasty mate and iv got some blue sm mushies i was planning on using on my mk2 bars for riding.

Gatters and Matt cheers boys ill try hurry up n finish it.

Bobbysam and Metic too your comments are greatly recieved thanks guys

Darren you guys know whats right n wrong so if anything offends you im sorry and ill try make it worthy. I just want a nice ta that looks like it would have been raced bitd by any bmx racer not only by a team or sponsered rider. I did think about some straigh race bars but had these already. Iv mk2 chrome bars too for riding.
Iv not done loads of bike builds so everyday is a school day.

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Dean looks like it will be a CRACKING BUILD mate  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: look foward to seeing the finished bike  :daumenhoch:

WOODY  :)

B17SSY.T.A

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Awesome mate ! cant wait to see more pics ..... its such a nice feeling isnt it finally getting your dream bike .... I regretted selling mine in 87 to fund driving lessons and regretted it ever sine , finally like you have a FF now  :) .... feels like having an old friend back ! ....
Hoping you do get to ride it , thats were it really comes alive , its a great bike , load up some tuffs , find a nice old school friendly track ( there must be some left ?? ) and " Live the Dream ! "

:daumenhoch:

Deano

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Ah you too must be feeling the buzz right now  :D i will be visiting a few local tracks and ill upload pics when it happens.
Thanks for making me even more excited now I WANNA RIDE IT NOW :smitten:

8) 8) 8)
Will you be doing yours how it was bitd? any pics

Deano

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Grip shot

Iv decided to strip the wheels down for rechrome after seeing the brake marks im not happy and the nipples have faded so im changing those to match the hubs. Might need a wheel builders service  ::)  :idiot2: as i havent a bubble what to do  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Those wheels were lush bud, you're a loon - I thought you were going to take it for a roll round - you'll mark them straight away again :idiot2:

Plenty of threads about wheel building and if you're that fussy, you're gonna have to do it yourself as they'll get scratched at some point in the process and there's no fookin way anyone else should be building them for you for that very reason mate :-\

Build them yourself then get your LBS to tension them up, but make sure you explain how much they cost and provide plenty of bubble wrap. My LBS has a good chuckle at the bubble-wrap mountain when I bring mine in, but at least he knows how hard this stuff is to come by....... :shocked:
Still limping......

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01 PM »
Deano, I will build your wheels if you want me to, just drop me a pm.

Deano

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Sean that is a smashing offer and ill gladly give some coinage for it mate :coolsmiley: when there chromed ill pm you straight away.  Iv got black ally tuffs for riding this beast on, the pc rims are just for standing upright on.

Spen  ;D you were saying  :P oh hang on Sean never said he wont scratch em  ??? ;D
If i was to try id no doubt ruine them within minutes. While were talking wheels mate ill send you that red mag next week if cool? Im in no hurry as there for my DP rider anyway.

Gutted i missed mk this year  :2gunsfiring_v1: i feel iv missed my high end bmx fix  :yahoo_silent:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 12:35 PM »
fooking poofs wheels!!!  you need some tank 48's like the ones i've just had built, fook me they weigh more than a whole bike!!   :LolLolLolLol:

;)   :daumenhoch:

Deano

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 02:19 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: Pickle is that for riding?  Im only just over 9 stone and not the tallest of chaps  :P also ride like a poof  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The bmx iv always wanted build (ta xl)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx