gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 07, 2024, 09:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Tricks aren't for kids . . . anymore.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tricks aren't for kids . . . anymore.  (Read 9323 times)

trickydeno

Re: Tricks aren't for kids . . . anymore.
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I took my boys to the newish public skatepark in town yesterday. I didn't even bother taking a bike myself as I knew it'd be too packed to ride. None of the BMXers had brakes and were stopping by dragging their expensive trainers/skateshoes on the ground  :idiot2: .  I didn't see any good riding but a fook of a lot of posing in trendy clothes and hanging around going on and getting in the way.  I still don't get why this is cool and other kinds of riding aren't.   I guess being a slacker must be fashionable at the moment  :tickedoff:

Scene kids... Ride indoor parks to avoid em, they won't pay entrance fees to sit around....  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:
spot on betty.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:32 PM by trickydeno »

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Ride indoor parks to avoid em, they won't pay entrance fees to sit around....

Plenty of brakeless riders in Mount Hawke these days so not necessarily true imo.  Been watching down there for months and, as yet, not seen any incidents attributable to lack of brakes.  Almost certainly following a trend and it's got to be easier not setting up a brake and ideal for barspins, although still see a few riders with gyro setups.  Would rather see a dozen brakeless BMXers in the park than plankriders or scooters.  >:D Humps

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Ride indoor parks to avoid em, they won't pay entrance fees to sit around....

Plenty of brakeless riders in Mount Hawke these days so not necessarily true imo.  Been watching down there for months and, as yet, not seen any incidents attributable to lack of brakes.  Almost certainly following a trend and it's got to be easier not setting up a brake and ideal for barspins, although still see a few riders with gyro setups.  Would rather see a dozen brakeless BMXers in the park than plankriders or scooters.  >:D Humps

My comment you've quoted was about scene kids that hang around outdoor parks not riding, i've no problem with brakeless riders...  :daumenhoch:

Do wish they'd start out with a brake and learn basic bike control before taking it off though

Off topic i know... hows the re fit of mount hawke going?
2 minutes turkish...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Tricks aren't for kids . . . anymore.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx