gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 07:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ok i may be wrong but..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ok i may be wrong but..  (Read 6210 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Ok i may be wrong but..
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 06:55 PM »
if spen is gonna go for this to give to steve to cheer him up after whats happened then i think the rest of us should give him a clear shot at it and not bid on it  :daumenhoch:

Nana

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03 PM »
lmao a classic no no on rad  ;D you see something thats maybe a bit ok .......then go for it quietly...you tell on here you lose on there  :)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 07:12 PM »
lmao a classic no no on rad  ;D you see something thats maybe a bit ok .......then go for it quietly...you tell on here you lose on there  :)
i think you are missing my point

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 07:49 PM »
 ;D just out of curiousity does anyone buy a bike you have no interest in just cos they are a potential bargain?

I dont think i could buy a bike i dont like just to flip it for a few notes, couldnt be arsed with it.
I was interested to know what this bike was and, yes, interested enough to put a cheeky bid in if the time came but i aint gonna fight anyone over it  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 08:29 PM »
;D just out of curiousity does anyone buy a bike you have no interest in just cos they are a potential bargain?

I dont think i could buy a bike i dont like just to flip it for a few notes, couldnt be arsed with it.
I was interested to know what this bike was and, yes, interested enough to put a cheeky bid in if the time came but i aint gonna fight anyone over it  :daumenhoch:
the point i'm trying to make is that steve(animal) is pretty cut up at the moment over what happened with cupid stunt and if spen69 is gonna get this to cheer him up abit then i think we shouldn't get in the way  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 08:50 PM »

the point i'm trying to make is that steve(animal) is pretty cut up at the moment over what happened with cupid stunt and if spen69 is gonna get this to cheer him up abit then i think we shouldn't get in the way  :daumenhoch:

Too right  :daumenhoch: We could all chip in if it starts getting beyond the cost of a few pints
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Too right  :daumenhoch: We could all chip in if it starts getting beyond the cost of a few pints

good idea mate  :daumenhoch:

Nana

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 02:25 PM »

Just because someone replies directly under your post does not mean they are reffering to your post i was making a comment for the OP  :daumenhoch:

Anyways peace and love why dont you lot do the right morally correct thing and drop the seller a pm....tell him what he has....im sure good things will come of it  ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 02:29 PM »

:daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 03:55 PM »

Just because someone replies directly under your post does not mean they are reffering to your post i was making a comment for the OP  :daumenhoch:

no problem mate  :daumenhoch:

Bones619

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 08:25 AM »
Are you guys sure this is a Birmingham Wheels??    Because I'm not!

Look at the length of the back end compared to the one KungFunky has, it's way to long and the brake stay is miles out of place
Look at the one on BMXmuseum, it has cable guides along the top tube, the Ebay one hasn't.

I'm not convinced it's a B Wheels at all.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Oh for fcuks sake, the first and probably only interesting bike to appear on ebay in my home town, and now there's no chance of me getting it, cheers OP

If someone wins it on here then as it'll go above my budget now, 'll pick up and pack for them for a small fee
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:28 AM by Jaymz »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Oh for fcuks sake, the first and probably only interesting bike to appear on ebay in my home town, and now there's no chance of me getting it, cheers OP

If someone wins it on here then as it'll go above my budget now, 'll pick up and pack for them for a small fee

Thought you cant afford owt at the mo anyway Jaymz  ;)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06 PM »
Are you guys sure this is a Birmingham Wheels??    Because I'm not!

Look at the length of the back end compared to the one KungFunky has, it's way to long and the brake stay is miles out of place
Look at the one on BMXmuseum, it has cable guides along the top tube, the Ebay one hasn't.

I'm not convinced it's a B Wheels at all.

Dunno, the red one on the museum looks spot on and they did 4 sizes apparently, mini, standard, long and extra long. that would account for the longer arse end  :daumenhoch:

incidently the seller hasn't responded to my request for postage so if i wasnt already, i am certainly out of the running now  :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Ive messaged him twice, the first time was soon after it was listed. I even know where the bike is as he enquired at my local bike shop what it was and they had no idea, they called me to see if i knew, before i could even see the thing he'd listed it

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32 PM »

rear drop outs look pretty similar

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:37 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Rodgy1970

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 03:40 PM »
Probably thinks he's well in the money because he's loads of watchers off here   :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 03:53 PM »
look nice hangin in my shed

Bones619

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Still not convinced..........

I appreciate that there are 4 different sizes of frames and the two pics above are taken at slightly different angles but that back end still looks a different angle + the stub for the seatpost is a lo longer on the chrome wheels bike compared to the Ebay one, surely that would be the same on all models?

I hope it is a genuine one and I hope someone gets it for a killing, that would be cool!

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Its sure looks very similar to that 83 mini in the museum.

Matt

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 08:11 PM »
And they also made customs for riders  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22 PM »
If anyone could get a close up pic of the welds that would be the clincher.

Reynolds 531 and brazed i believe  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 01:19 PM »
who won this in the end then???
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Nana

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Lol seller will be scratching his head with that one

ThisBitterPill

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00 PM »
£102....Not bad if it turns out to be the real deal.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ok i may be wrong but..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx