gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New skyway 24 cruiser
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New skyway 24 cruiser  (Read 6012 times)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
Re: New skyway 24 cruiser
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 06:50 PM »
looks like i could be buying myself a new 24" cruiser :smitten: :smitten:
Ride it like its stolen

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 06:59 PM »
It looks OK from the pics but what the fook has someone put tuppafookinbastardware wheels on it for, it has euro bb and a v brake and fairly ok looking geometry, so its a race frame from the modern era....it wears spokes or fook all  :yahoo_silent:

I am available for a 4 week loan of said frameset to boost fook out of it and see wagwan
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 09:23 PM »
It looks OK from the pics but what the fook has someone put tuppafookinbastardware wheels on it for, it has euro bb and a v brake and fairly ok looking geometry, so its a race frame from the modern era....it wears spokes or fook all  :yahoo_silent:

I am available for a 4 week loan of said frameset to boost fook out of it and see wagwan

This frame needs a full test by Diggler to establish if its suitable for Radsters to buy :daumenhoch:

Never buy a bike without checking out if its a good one :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I'm available to destroy drivetrain components anytime, no questions asked ;)

...I'll reserve judgement on this frame, it doesn't look like topspec New Skool so will it fall between Old and New?

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25 PM »
I'm available to destroy drivetrain components anytime, no questions asked ;)

...I'll reserve judgement on this frame, it doesn't look like topspec New Skool so will it fall between Old and New?

Thats decided then,joint testing with Diggler and Jon with support from Rusty Rooski,that'll do it :knuppel2: :D

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 07:42 AM »
Looks like there might be a Skyway Cruiser class at MK12 That would be ACE.

ozone

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 08:50 AM »

You think the frames will be available by then after the last debacle?   :crazy2:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 09:15 AM »
Can only hope!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30 AM »

You think the frames will be available by then after the last debacle?   :crazy2:

I thought exactly the same!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 09:37 AM »

I thought exactly the same!

Not like this is new though is it, they have been promising this frame for about 4 years now  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 09:39 AM »
so is it a copy of a TA but with V brake mounts and 1 1/8 headset?  if so it sounds pretty cool......i bet a lot get th mounts ground off though  :daumenhoch:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Hey guys....
 Well, it's taken  5 years to get this beauty done, but we are now testing the new Skyway 24TAXL frame and fork set! If everything passes all the QC tests, which we believe it will, production framesets will be available around March-April 2012.
 We will release all info and alot more detailed photos on the "Skyway BMX Tuff Wheels" Facebook page on Christmas, but here is some info that we have already made public.
This first release is a XL cruiser with a 22" top tube. We will make 200-250 of them in the initial production run.
This uses modern geometry, and features a Euro BB, 1-1/8" thread less headtube, tradional press-in 1-1/8" headset, V-brake mounts on the rear.
We may offer a V-brake fork option during pre-sales in January. There seems to be a small demand for that, so we might do that on a few forks.
These will be available in chrome, and in white.
This frameset uses teardrop tubing and looks identical to what was used on the original TA framesets!

We have built up 5 of these into complete bikes already. 3 are at Skyway's factory in Redding, California, and 2 are here at PlanetBMX in Florida. These will be used at the track for race testing.

We have also joined forces with Bullseye Cycle to produce a new, modern Skyway Tuff Pedal. Inspired by the original Tuff Pedal, these will feature black anodized pedal bodies with cages available in black, blue, red, silver, and gold.

We are working on a few other projects right now, and we will announce those items pretty soon.
Sales for the framesets and pedals will be through PlanetBMX.com begining very shortly.
We will ship internationally!
We are still figuring out cost, but should be under $500 US dollars.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:30 PM by ColoredTuffs.com »

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51 PM »

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 01:56 PM »
PM sent! ;-)

theRuler

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Gaylord wheels, but a nice looking frame!

I would buy a 20" TA.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Hey guys....
 Well, it's taken  5 years to get this beauty done, but we are now testing the new Skyway 24TAXL frame and fork set! If everything passes all the QC tests, which we believe it will, production framesets will be available around March-April 2012.
 We will release all info and alot more detailed photos on the "Skyway BMX Tuff Wheels" Facebook page on Christmas, but here is some info that we have already made public.
This first release is a XL cruiser with a 22" top tube. We will make 200-250 of them in the initial production run.
This uses modern geometry, and features a Euro BB, 1-1/8" thread less headtube, tradional press-in 1-1/8" headset, V-brake mounts on the rear.
We may offer a V-brake fork option during pre-sales in January. There seems to be a small demand for that, so we might do that on a few forks.
These will be available in chrome, and in white.
This frameset uses teardrop tubing and looks identical to what was used on the original TA framesets!

We have built up 5 of these into complete bikes already. 3 are at Skyway's factory in Redding, California, and 2 are here at PlanetBMX in Florida. These will be used at the track for race testing.

We have also joined forces with Bullseye Cycle to produce a new, modern Skyway Tuff Pedal. Inspired by the original Tuff Pedal, these will feature black anodized pedal bodies with cages available in black, blue, red, silver, and gold.

We are working on a few other projects right now, and we will announce those items pretty soon.
Sales for the framesets and pedals will be through PlanetBMX.com begining very shortly.
We will ship internationally!
We are still figuring out cost, but should be under $500 US dollars.

What is the geometry and the weight of the frame?

Cheers
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Geometry and all info will be posted within the next couple of days on Skyway's Facebook page.
 In the meantime, here are a few pics....

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 12:32 AM »
It is a nice looking frame Ed, but will it be available without those ugly brake lugs on the forks?

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 12:39 AM »
It is a nice looking frame Ed, but will it be available without those ugly brake lugs on the forks?

The front brake mounts will NOT be on production frames.  We may offer it as an option.
I asked for brake mounts on a few of the prototypes.  I thought it may help with testing fork strength if we setup a few bikes with front brakes and had a few of us larger guys do front wheel hops.  LOL....

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 12:42 AM »
How come every time I use the word " O F F E R" it comes out as "havefe"

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2011, 01:02 AM »
offer.. works for me.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Ed, build one up as a modern 24" race bike and post a photo on here...  slammed seat, bars back, modern tyres etc.

The gap between the top of the front tyre and the bottom of the fork steer tube looks huge, is it?

Good look with this one, I really hope the final product is right.
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I agree with Bren, build one as it looks like its intended, a modern race bike. The retro thing is stale (and I am being kind), aim it at older racers and you will have a winner or do it with US bb and 1" headtube for the voyeurs. I think you need to choose one or do both as seperate entities.
Good luck with it  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2011, 09:30 AM »

i'm up for one  :smitten:   :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2011, 10:05 AM »
I agree with Bren, build one as it looks like its intended, a modern race bike. The retro thing is stale (and I am being kind), aim it at older racers and you will have a winner or do it with US bb and 1" headtube for the voyeurs. I think you need to choose one or do both as seperate entities.
Good luck with it  :daumenhoch:

^^^Good points.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with these

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New skyway 24 cruiser

gfxgfx
gfx gfx