gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 15, 2024, 09:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Birmingham WHEELS Cruiser
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Birmingham WHEELS Cruiser  (Read 2235 times)

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Birmingham WHEELS Cruiser
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:49 PM »
Collected this rare beauty today!! Great condition and the original chrome should polish up fine. Interesting size comparison next to my WHEELS Mini; TT length is a whopping 20inches!
Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: Birmingham WHEELS Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:48 PM »
A very rare find there  :4_17_5:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Only the 2nd one i've seen.  :)

Must admit, a Cruiser has been my hardest build, parts were a nightmare to get but it did pay off.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Only the 2nd one i've seen.  :)

Must admit, a Cruiser has been my hardest build, parts were a nightmare to get but it did pay off.

Yeah, super rare indeed. I only know of two others - the Sawzall bike and one that was purchased from an Ex-team WHEELS rider, Pat Robinson. Mine was also sourced from an ex-WHEELS rider and was raced all over the world by him, even as far afield as Japan. I'd been negotiating the sale for around 6months but finally got hold of it on Friday. Chuffed!! I know of 22 WHEELS frames now, but the Cruiser is the rarest.

I have a picture in my head of how this will look when finished... Just got to source all of the parts now!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:29 PM by dinglem »

In2bmx

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:33 PM »
 :coolsmiley: .. Very nice .

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Nice Ding  :daumenhoch:

Are you on a mission to own as many 'wheels frames as possible?

Online CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 06:27 PM »
A nice addition to your collection.  :slayer:
Show us a pic of all your "Wheels".  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Just need a Pro now to complete the set!  :whistle:

I have been after a Cruiser or a Pro for some time to build as something I can use for ride-outs, so I was really chuffed to secure this.

There are also a few 'special prototypes' that WHEELS built BITD which would also make for an interesting build.... Like Sawzall's Mirage Mini for example.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 06:32 PM »

Yeah, super rare indeed. I only know of two others - the Sawzall bike and one that was purchased from an Ex-team WHEELS rider, Pat Robinson. Mine was also sourced from an ex-WHEELS rider and was raced all over the world by him, even as far afield as Japan. I'd been negotiating the sale for around 6months but finally got hold of it on Friday. Chuffed!! I know of 22 WHEELS frames now, but the Cruiser is the rarest.

I have a picture in my head of how this will look when finished... Just got to source all of the parts now!!

Yep, i've only seen Phils but then he does live 5 mins from me. I vaguely remember the other, i think it was on ebay but got ended early, i'm not 100% sure though.  :-\

I built a Jag Cruiser last year but wheels and tyres were a right pain to get. Got the tyres from the US in the end  :(

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 06:35 PM »
A nice addition to your collection.  :slayer:
Show us a pic of all your "Wheels".  :daumenhoch:

I'll try to get a line up together soon mate  8)

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 06:35 PM »
Very nice and a great find  :coolsmiley:

I've seen and know of 3 in total now. This one, Phil's (Sawzall) and Mark's (Gizmo) ex Pat Robinson, survivor bike.
Love em  :Great_Britain:

griff

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Fookin ace that  :daumenhoch:

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I know of 6 Mini's (3 prototypes for Alan's and Tim March), 8 Experts, 5 Pro's and just 3 Cruisers now.

There was also 1 WHEELS sidehack, 1 prototype freestyle frame(!) which was thrown out by Trev Robinson's mom, and 1prototype titanium Mini also.

I guess they are all rare frames now, but the Pro and Cruiser versions are the most sought after due to rideability. I love the Expert geometry though I must admit, and an 18.5tt length is fine for me  :daumenhoch:

Never built a Cruiser before so I'm looking forward to this.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 05:39 AM »

Yep, i've only seen Phils but then he does live 5 mins from me. I vaguely remember the other, i think it was on ebay but got ended early, i'm not 100% sure though.  :-\

I built a Jag Cruiser last year but wheels and tyres were a right pain to get. Got the tyres from the US in the end  :(

Got any pics of the Jag Cruiser??

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 03:01 PM »
I'm looking forward to this build if it's like your others it will be a cracker  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 03:36 PM »

Got any pics of the Jag Cruiser??

Yeah somewhere, i generally don't seem to show my bikes on here anymore so i'll have a dig around and fire a PM to you later.  :)

griff

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 04:22 PM »

Yeah somewhere, i generally don't seem to show my bikes on here anymore

why not?  ???
you should - I'd like to see it as well  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 04:25 PM »

why not?  ???

I don't know, just a privacy thing i suppose Griff. I had someone use some of my photos a while back which i wasn't too keen on and also my Mongoose which has sold now ended up on Oz ebay being sold by a scammer.

griff

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 07:41 PM »

why not?  ???

I don't know, just a privacy thing i suppose Griff. I had someone use some of my photos a while back which i wasn't too keen on and also my Mongoose which has sold now ended up on Oz ebay being sold by a scammer.

Fair enough, feel free to send me a pm then & I'll promise not to use it on gumtree  :teef:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Birmingham WHEELS Cruiser

gfxgfx
gfx gfx