gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 09:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  FIRST BIKE???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FIRST BIKE???  (Read 3902 times)

deeman

Re: FIRST BIKE???
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Thats a top pic griff!I see Darren had already removed the rear mudguard!do you remember the distinctive clicking/clunking sound they all made when you pedalled? :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 11:43 PM »
Thats a top pic griff!I see Darren had already removed the rear mudguard!do you remember the distinctive clicking/clunking sound they all made when you pedalled? :daumenhoch:

yeah  ;D  tbh I thought the strika was a shit bike though - always felt too tall for the size of the wheels and hated the pedal back brake

my bro (pictured with tricycle) had a yellow boxer when he was a bit bigger and that was much better (until I made the spokes go all wobbly bunny-hopping the fook out of it  :angel:)

xGoose

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51 PM »
I still have the bike i learned to ride on in the early 70's  8)

:coolsmiley:

Nice to still have that!  :4_17_5: It was my first bike as well. Wish I still had it ;)

deeman

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 11:58 PM »

yeah  ;D  tbh I thought the strika was a shit bike though - always felt too tall for the size of the wheels and hated the pedal back brake

my bro (pictured with tricycle) had a yellow boxer when he was a bit bigger and that was much better (until I made the spokes go all wobbly bunny-hopping the fook out of it  :angel:)

the BOXER was the smaller of the two though!still 16" wheels but like a smaller version of the GRIFTER frame!only mk1 strikas had a coaster!the only thing i hated about those bikes was the grips!got a set of SHARP XC for the Strika! :daumenhoch:

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 12:28 AM »
real non kiddy bike with no stabilisers in my sig i think !! may be wrong !!
i was 4 or 5 here but look older!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Raleigh Small Rider which I got for my birthday Aug 73'

Had one of these too  :daumenhoch:  No inner tubes if I remember rightly  :LolLolLolLol:

BANNED

lk_97

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 12:01 PM »
I'll have to dig the small rider out soon then, when the weather is good enough so the garden can be cut I will do it, I'm holding out not much hope of it having survived though, also an odd freestyle frame and forks, looks 90's pos but I can get that whenever. You're right on the tyres though, mine has raleigh carefree ones on it

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Raleigh Budgie, aged 4 :daumenhoch:

Toblerone

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 12:57 PM »
The Strika was my first set of wheels too :)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 01:01 PM »
Raleigh Chipper. Aged 6.
The single speed smaller brother of the Chopper!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 01:07 PM »
I inherited a green raleigh strika when my brother got his falcon pro beta.

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Can't remember the the make of my first bike. All i know is that I managed the crack the frame and then got a silver Strika. Happy days  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:49 PM by Julian347 »

deeman

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Can't remember the the make of my first bike. All i know is that I managed the crack the frame and then go a silver Strika. Happy days  :)

they are rugged little things!indestructable!when the world ends all that will be left are cockroaches,pauter con rods,...and STRIKAS! :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 08:51 PM »
I had a Raleigh Husky it was light blue with solid wheels. I was 4 yrs old.
Sadly no pics of it and ive never seen one since either  :(
I wasn't allowed a BMX as my first bike  :'(

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 11:44 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: looks like budgies were the weapon of choice for most radsters!didnt anyone else have a strika?
I had a green Strika but i think it was my 2nd or 3rd bike  :-\ not sure what my first bike was, my dad put a extra seat on it so i could take my teddy bear out for a ride with me :)

I have a NOS black Strika frame with the prism decals (like yours) in the garage that still has the original wax paper wrapping on it  :daumenhoch:
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

deeman

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 12:33 AM »
[quote

I have a NOS black Strika frame with the prism decals (like yours) in the garage that still has the original wax paper wrapping on it  :daumenhoch:
[/quote]

pm me if its for sale! :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 12:36 AM »
I had a green Strika as well,  Always wanted a grifter when I had it though :4_17_5:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 07:31 PM »
I had a silver Strika, my Bro had the small version, a Chukka, a few Xmas's later, my same Strika had a proper custom paintjob in red, and Our Kid had outgrown the Chukka and had a new black prismatic Strika. :Great_Britain:

Our 1st 20"ers were made by a British firm called Team Playway, the bikes were called Trak Trails and had suspension on the front. :Great_Britain:

Our kid went on to a Grifter then that got given to us by our cousin, and I took ownership of a brand new Piranha Mag Freestyler in July '85. :Great_Britain:

All British bikes, I think my first non-Brit was my Marin Muirwoods in '95. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  FIRST BIKE???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx