gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dont Tell The Wife.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dont Tell The Wife.....  (Read 769 times)

blindstuntman

Dont Tell The Wife.....
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:41 PM »
New Frame and Forks just arrived and yes its my dream bike ..the one you wanted but could never have...... well lads , need your help with the build.
It a SKYWAY TA...what should it have on it?  I'm trying to get it ready for an OS race but I dont have a clue about the build.  So as much help as poss would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I love them  with Tuffs but not so sure for a race bike.

Nick

Jazzchimp

Re: Dont Tell The Wife.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Spokes are cool for racing (here's mine below), tuffs for a show bike though, it just has to be!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:53 PM by Jazzchimp »

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:36 PM »
spokes are a must on a race bike ,buy you have got to love tuffs for pure old school looks :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:08 PM »
tuffs are the boss for all occasions
I want to touch ORB

team_teapot

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:23 PM »
if you go down the tuffs road then graphite tuffs are the way to go. but spokes are always better. normal tuffs feel like your rims have gone flat but your tyres are still pumped up. i guess that was ok bitd but i think they feel wrong.

nice set of ukai with suzie sealed hums or even the gt high flange hubs superlaced with coloured sppokes would look trick. tie them in colour wise to the decals etc.

go for the ols tyle box armed profile cranks. no cotter bolts to get in the way.

blindstuntman

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Cheers lads...... lots to think about.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dont Tell The Wife.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx