gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 10:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Is This the real Deal?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is This the real Deal?  (Read 8400 times)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Is This the real Deal?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34 PM »
yep thats it,its nice , better order than it looked i think he photographed it with the flash on ,and virtually all orig parts still on it

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Well done glenboy. I was after that too but £250 was my limit. It had gone up and down like a yo-yo with bids being retracted etc. and I was hoping people wouldn't touch it after that. It looked so close to that KYZ ad too...

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06 PM »
stoopid nice

ozone

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43 PM »
yep thats it,its nice , better order than it looked i think he photographed it with the flash on ,and virtually all orig parts still on it

What's the serial on yours?  You don't have to be too specific if you don't want to - just a year and month might help. 

I might get shot down for saying this but here goes...

Both yours and Sicura's bikes are KYZ's, everyone's agreed on that.  Sicura's has the ET style small hole gusset (oo-err) but yours has a KZ-1 larger diameter gusset and smaller hole for cable routing.  The theory is that there were loads of ET frames left over that wouldn't sell so they chromed them and sold them as KYZ's.

Maybe they ran out of ET sized gussets and started using KZ-1 gussets to complete the frame sets - a bit like when Skyway only had one side of fork dropout left over but used them on both sides.  Apart from the gussets, the frames are identical aren't they?

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01 PM »
i reckon you're spot on ozone as that advert is from 1984 and the frames were made in 1982 my serial is T2E0873

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 10:05 PM »
You two might just have cracked it Glenboys is T2E which is May 1982 right? Sicuras is T2L which is Dec 1982?

Could be the earlier ones all have the KZ gussets and the later have ET style?

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 01:40 PM »
put some info and pics of my kyz now in this thread
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=142945.0

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 12:22 PM »
I passed the  advert to Jamie along with a few others and I have to say looking at the bike you picked up, looks like only the zeds and seat may have been changed. A bargain indeed.

I thought I saw your name on Jamies site Frosty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Is This the real Deal?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx