gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 07, 2024, 07:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best trick you attempted or landed today...  (Read 20354 times)

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
Re: Best trick you attempted or landed today...
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 02:11 PM »
i was wanting to go blackpool too , but working till 7 on friday , couldnt get my shift covered friday but they could do today ??  :wtf: :rant: :Aresehole: the may one is my next chance
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

waza04

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06 PM »
I did a bunny hop over a can of coke.  :shocked:

danny tomato

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02 PM »
i managed to jump a gap last week. i didnt ride when i was a kid but i am having fun now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:32 PM by danny tomato »

Sink

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Went out for a ride with my lad today, while he was riding around on the flat, I found a nice concrete legde around a disused lorry park, flat onside, with rubble piled upto it the otherside, so spent a few hours jumping over that both ways, some nice jumps from flat over the ledge, trying to clear the gravel  :LolLolLolLol:

Hellcat

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Nice hour at Ince this afternoon.

Still rolling back, still not quite flicking front round. Had some nice back-to-back airs on the mini 1/2. Managed to properly clear the jump box.

Early morning session planned for tomo with Dave.

:)

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 10:36 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Was it quiet there today?

are we there tomorrow or do you wanna go somewhere else?

Hellcat

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Was just me. :D

I'm up for it tomo, I should be there for 8 if it's dry.

Hellcat

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Had an ace 2 hours at Alexandra Park (Wigan) this aftie. First time there, really nice park, all metal and plenty of space and variety.

2 kids there who said they'd only been riding a year pulling 360s & 540s :shocked: Were very helpful & encouraging, and I can now drop in properly (new ride in, not old back wheel on coping which I could already do), and made some decent attempts at the hip jump. Ace!

Saw 3 excellent riders, going big & clean, landing pretty much everything, 180 whips, peg grabs, no handers, steep alley-oop hips & gaps, and a fly out off a low ramp, 6 ft gap over 4 ft metal fence. Wow! :shocked:

Hellcat

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Today's adventure took me to Victoria Park Warrington, what an ace park, & alone for 2 hrs.

I've never ridden in a proper bowl type park before so had a gentle start, just riding around and getting a feel for carving and the lines.

Nothing spectacular, mainly dropping in & flying out of everything except the tallest 1/4 section. A very nice start to the day, no crashes & I found £4. Result! :laugh:

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Two lucky dips for th'euro millions on? so are we at ally in wigan or vicci in wire on saturday morning then? (weather permitting)

Sink

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 03:13 PM »
My best trick today was jumping over a rail into a grassed bank, and covering myself and my bike in dog Shite  :10_2_12: :tickedoff:

Hellcat

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 10:47 AM »
My best trick today was jumping over a rail into a grassed bank, and covering myself and my bike in dog Shite  :10_2_12: :tickedoff:

Last time I crashed properly I landed in the only pile of goose shit in the whole park. All the way down my sleeve. :yahoo_silent:

Today's adventure saw 2 hours on Mesnes Park, Newton-Le-Willows. Very nice park all metal, lots of space & variety. Had it to myself except for 2 lads who had a quick 10 mins on way to school.

Still working on getting over the coping, lots more dropins, including the 1/2 pipe.

Worked on kickturns too which I've hardly been trying so far, was mainly trying to overcome my coping phobia, but ended up getting nicely em balanced & very nearly up on the lips. :D

Edit:

Afternoon session, nearly 2 hours of practising endo - rollouts & 180 hops. Both are starting to happen :D Managed 2 clean rollouts one after another, then fell off and grazed my elbow next try. Really excited, feel it's started to come together, very happy with my progress after a few weeks. :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:58 PM by Hellcat »

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 11:12 AM »
  :D :D :D

good session today !! 2 hour morning ride at alexandra park ,wigan ...daunting at first , but i got more and more into it once i'd warmed up a bit .

why is it that the mental side of riding is as tough as the actual riding itself ....i'm sure if i convinced myself i could do it a bit more then i probably would ??? :wtf:

sat at the top of the  mini half pipe thinking " theres no way i'm dropping into that fooker" ..then when i did , i wondered what the hell i was fretting about ......

somebody pay my bills for me , then i might push my riding a bit more  , and push the consequences of a crash to  the back of my mind ...:daumenhoch:

Hellcat

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 12:56 PM »
  :D :D :D

why is it that the mental side of riding is as tough as the actual riding itself ....i'm sure if i convinced myself i could do it a bit more then i probably would ??? :wtf:

sat at the top of the  mini half pipe thinking " theres no way i'm dropping into that fooker" ..then when i did , i wondered what the hell i was fretting about ......

:daumenhoch:

Good mini sess at Ali with Dave & lovely Fi (GF) just an hour for me, before dropping her off at station. Found it hard to ride properly with Fi watching, knowing she'd run over screaming if I crashed :-*. Good to see Dave dropping in, not good to bail myself down the tallest 1/4 when my chain wheel snagged :-[. Know I've been down bigger at NWL & Viki.

Off out again to keep working on my rollbacks & 180 hops. :D

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 01:39 PM »
I bunnyhopped a flowerbed - like doing a gap but a softer landing if a bit short :D

evamedia

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 06:17 PM »

why is it that the mental side of riding is as tough as the actual riding itself

It's all mental, the other bits like riding a bike

trickydeno

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 04:23 PM »
10 ft nose manual
And I've just had my wisdom teeth out

Hellcat

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Think I finally mastered fakies / rollbacks today. Didn't get to ride much last week cos of visting my son in Cardiff & a busy weekend. Went out this afternoon for a go on the closed off road near my house, was doing 8/10 cleanly, mainly back peddaling 2 or 3 times, sometimes just yanking it straight round. Yippee!  :D

Then came home to fit new forks & wheel. 8)

::)

Hellcat

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 03:48 PM »
 :D Good session in the sun at Ali Park today. Glad to get back on cos haven't have much time recently.

Dropping in both ways, getting ever closer to properly clearing the coping, dropping in the 1/2 half pipe - popping out the opposite side and dropping back in keeping feet on pedals. :LolLolLolLol:

My rollbacks are lot more consistent from an endo than down a ramp, but they're coming along. Some good 180 hops, but landing still instead of starting to rollback.

Still bottling dropping in the highest 1/4 when my chainwheel snags. :-[

No bad crashes, one handlebars to stomach incident popping out a 1/4 in my other direction, one bum on tyre 1/2 bail from a decent air attempt.

So, just baby basics, but a satisfying ride. ::)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Impressed with your riding and progression.  :4_17_5:

I managed to walk up three flights of stairs without getting out of breath. REEE-SULLT  ;D

motomagII

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07 PM »
i was at heywood yesterday and really wanted to get summat smooth on the step up double ,so got pick up to manuel to hop over so i can pump hard opn the backside and pulkled it mint first time was well impressed and pulled it 5 or 6 times .this was made much harder by a roller being 8 foot isdh away fromt he jump so made pick up before hard

Hellcat

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25 AM »
 :D This morning dropped in down the 5ft concrete 1/4s at Ince for the first time. Big mental block overcome (even though I'm sure some of the Vici Park one's were higher).

Got their early determined to drop in, only to find a little kid shredding, doing clean 1 handers over the hip, said he had only been riding 3 months :shocked:

Soon as he left for school I padded up and got up and dropped in, then spent nearly an hour popping out and dropping in off every pipe in every direction, including out & in with no feet down, & got over chain wheel snagging phobia. :laugh: So quite a big day for me.

Just some job applications to get out of the way, then I'll get out for an hour later working on rollbacks & 180 hops.

Sink

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Nice progress Hellcat  :daumenhoch:
I hadn't hit the park for a while, but today I had the chance, I managed to drop in on both 1/2 and 1/4 pipes, for the first time, not sure what was different, but I just done it without thinking, spent a while on 1/2 dropping in both ways and popping out, most times landing on my feet, but the odd one on pedals :4_17_5:
Bit of air over the boxes, maybe next time I'll try come air off the 1/2!!

Felt like good progress today as I been bottling the drop ins for too long.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34 PM »
rode after having widsom teeth out last night ... thanks to Codine & Monster  :crazy2:

managed to 360 tyre tap over the jump box for the first time and footplanted over the doorway at TRM1
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Hellcat

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Had an ace long weekend away (bikeless).

Haven't had much chance to ride the past few weeks, due to time away + building & rebuilding my cheapo remix.

Most recent progress includes started trying to 180 flyout, and been doing 90s out then dropping back in with varying tidiness.

Looking forward to a few days of riding consistently as I haven't really been out yet since switching to 25/9.

:daumenhoch: Sink at dropping in! I loved that 'Is that it?' feeling when I finally took the plunge. ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Best trick you attempted or landed today...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx