gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 06:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ur top 3 bikes from MK12
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ur top 3 bikes from MK12  (Read 9574 times)

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Ur top 3 bikes from MK12
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 10:43 AM »
here ya go...

even got a grey cat to match!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Nice! But those bars need to come back a bit more  :daumenhoch:

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2012, 11:29 AM »
done!!

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 11:48 AM »
My penny's worth...

Seems to me the show and shine is as difficult as ever to Judge and retain the format of which to base the points and decision on  (I would hate judging)  Ive judged many a Concourse at car shows and unless you have the absolutely 100% true basis upon which to judge , I.E Catogoraise the models/bikes and decide is originallity better than restored cars/bikes. What is thought of the use of genuine components and paint work etc there are always going to be the issue's with everyones  penny's worth over what should place and were etc..

What Evolved for us over the years was we found we were presented with a double edged sword, cars that were absolutley correct and just got better and better everytime out in the show until they were absolutley unbeatable motors, the other side of the sword was that the standards were so high we found the numbers of entrants dropped through the floor and we were judging the same cars every time out....It became a Cheque book Concourse.....for the owners who threw everything into it

One format we employed was to break the Catogories down more we fragment the classes down, yes there will be more trophies to award, yes there will be winners and losers albeit there will be more numbers with more chance of acheiving awards..  

I am a novice when it comes to these bikes and I would just choose the most original bike I could find it the show and award that the winner, albeit on the other hand when you weigh up bikes that have either been sourced in the Uk, Europe or the States and the components have been NOS on a shelf somewere in the world for two or three decades thats just mind blowing those parts have been brought together for us all to enjoy.

You can always award the "Bike of the Day" for the over all winner.  

Hard work Good Luck... :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:54 AM by BADDH »
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

skidmark

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2012, 06:22 PM »
I imagine if you set a formula for judging then you can only end up with the same result....era correct, shiney, expensive...how much can you really improve on something that ticks all the boxes?
My brother gave some advice to a friend on selecting the best bike to buy one day...his answer, "CHOOSE THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU A BONE-ON"
Maybe that could be a new category for next time.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32 PM »
I imagine if you set a formula for judging then you can only end up with the same result....era correct, shiney, expensive...how much can you really improve on something that ticks all the boxes?
My brother gave some advice to a friend on selecting the best bike to buy one day...his answer, "CHOOSE THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU A BONE-ON"

They'd be some stiff competition for that award! :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Online bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03 PM »

They'd be some stiff competition for that award! :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Yes could be a HARD one to win  :2funny:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I'm not even gonna RISE to this. ::)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2012, 09:01 PM »
I can't be doing with stock builds. It's not how we had them bitd, it's not how I want one now. I make exceptions for special editions like the Harry Leary turbo which had its own parts.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ur top 3 bikes from MK12

gfxgfx
gfx gfx