gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 12:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  American Ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: American Ebay  (Read 945 times)

gudge

American Ebay
« on: November 11, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Can anybody help advise on the pitfalls, hidden costs etc. of buying all those cheap goodies from the states. When it says American shipping only does anybody have a contact out there they use to ship to internally, who then crates it up to send to the uk. Just a thought

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: American Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:08 PM »
The only problem is getting stuck with vat and customs duty, but other than that it seems ok.

Just make sure that the seller has good feedback, and e-mail them and ask if they will post to the uk, sometimes they will ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

jon016847

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I buy from the states all the time, I have made quite some great contacts out there from the time  I spend on OS-BMX.COM,  If the seller will not ship directly, I get them to ship to my bro's out there who forward them on.   If the valeu is declared you can get it insured, but then you risk all the customs charges,   

Usually if you are ploite with good communication they will help, I aklways refer them to my feedback, so they can see I have purchsed from many of the big american sellers, of course i could not always do that !

gudge

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Cheers for the tip, just need to find someone to send the stuff to in the states.

darkslider

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 02:58 AM »
I've bought a few things basically check your score is kosher. Ask nicely if item ain't worth grands send as used kids bike parts or samples etc. Use insurance if irreplaceable rare items. Don't fill their burger munchin palms too much though!

Mr Rusty

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 08:52 AM »
How long does stuff take to come through and how do you know if its stuck in customs - I've been waiting for some TNT retro bars for two weeks now and am starting to get concerned.  :(

darkslider

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Surface mail is 4-6 weeks supposedly but I've had stuff in 10 days. Don't know the score on customs hold ups. Is there a regional disaster across route parts are taking. They've had some rough weather recently. Your bars could be under a pile of rubble. :-\

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 04:49 PM »
How long does stuff take to come through and how do you know if its stuck in customs - I've been waiting for some TNT retro bars for two weeks now and am starting to get concerned.  :(
  ........ its like saying how longs a piece of sting !! just make sure if u do get anything it comes via air mail but it still can take ages ,good luck  ;)

inky

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Don't fill their burger munchin palms too much though!
:LolLolLolLol: I like burgers ::)

jon016847

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 04:45 PM »
10 to 20 days max on nearly everything i have purchased

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  American Ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx