gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975564 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 16, 2024, 03:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else not feeling it at the moment?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone else not feeling it at the moment?  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone else not feeling it at the moment?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2013, 09:34 PM »
If you are not feeling it, its not BMX..........its you
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2013, 10:28 PM »
If you are not feeling it, its not BMX..........its you

True ... i for one know it's me .. i'll always love bmx .. just other things in my life have to take priority right now  :-\

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47 PM »
I had a year away from Rad and bmx and came back nice and fresh after the break

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Do you think we've spent do much time together on here, were starting to ovulate together  ???
Griff loves BUM..

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Never been more into it! 7 bikes and counting. Now is there anyone who's 'lost the love/not feeling it' who wants to sell their VDC Changa/Changa long to me at a knockdown price??

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2013, 11:18 PM »
Do you think we've spent do much time together on here, were starting to ovulate together  ???
id ovulate with you if we weren't on here Jonny :smitten:
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2013, 11:26 PM »
It certainly seems of late that it has lost some of it's mojo ?

price's to high on parts that should be standard
parts put on ebay as price's are not the same on here as what a person could get
people/members changing friends and the hierarchy of there bikes and build quality
summer time is no longer day of sun but days rained off - changing moods
photobucket messing around putting up pic's and not bothering
FB can be quicker and so some just stick to that
money and the cost of life
lots of bikes and parts have been now found and back to the once in a while finds
every thing on ebay is being watch - ended early - re listed due to shilling

it can loose the magic if you keep getting shafted, your parts don't sell, work gets in the way, money is not available for the right parts to finish off builds

been sat here and looking around the room - had to remove all the bike parts due to little one being able to grab every thing - shed is small and used to store work gear and so can't work out there on parts - stuff in loft means I have to drag stuff down and then find I don't have time to finish it, so having to take it back up again - being ill at the mo is a bitch - the parts i'm looking for all seem to be stupidly high for what was standard price's

these can be just some of the things that take the magic out of what was a good fun scene ! will it change or will it turn another corner to a path that doesn't work for the guys that are in it for the love and not the profit ? who knows, just guess we can sit and watch it what happens next

cheers B  :-X
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35 PM »
Your Mojo can change from time to time,but we always come back to the things we love :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2013, 11:38 PM »
i need to get my ass jumping again, but not that much opportunity to get out with weather n at h/pool new track due to everything being stooopid massive to have a go at after a winter off the peds  :'(

but it will come  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46 PM »
Your Mojo can change from time to time,but we always come back to the things we love :daumenhoch:

Well said that man!  :)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46 PM »
Mojo is like LOVE - can be broken enough times that it loses it's meaning, and so it's a place that is put to the side while other things are dealt with - time can only tell if that mojo is the same feeling that was once felt
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2013, 11:50 PM »
id ovulate with you if we weren't on here Jonny :smitten:
likewise stu..  :-*
Griff loves BUM..

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2013, 11:52 PM »
i need to get my ass jumping again, but not that much opportunity to get out with weather n at h/pool new track due to everything being stooopid massive to have a go at after a winter off the peds  :'(

Loved the old track,fun for all  :(

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I suppose i'm lucky that I can still ride as I was never into building show pony carpet queens and always rode my bikes. Problem with that is it took me ages to get a perfect old school ride so I went through literally dozens of builds and enjoyed every minute until I built my Badlander. After that, building o/s bikes was dead for me.

Once I started considering doing more n/s modifications to the bike, I realised it was time to just get a newschool ramp machine, but as Sir Len, King of Nottz told us, I did it in disguise and I am lucky to have a daily ramp rider that looks o/s but is every inch n/s underneath. Bam, the love was back and I kept my o/s for pub rides and MK. But even that wasn't enough and when I missed MK last year I sold most of my o/s collection and had an amazing holiday on the proceeds.

I now ride ramp nights with a great bunch of mates on here and everytime we go, the banter is fierce and the laughs plenty so that is what has kept my love of BMX alive, along with two cracking rides in Leeds and Manchester this year. My kids are both tearing around on their balance bikes so I know it is only a matter of time before I will be out riding with them, so what more could I need?

BMX is in your soul. Just get on one and ride it and you will remember so my advice is build a rider and enjoy it  :coolsmiley: :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Ride.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2013, 08:40 AM »
What they said  :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2013, 03:18 PM »
think every one has moments when bmx takes a back burner for a period of time.work,holidays,change of moods ,other interests sometimes take priority over our bmx collection, but we all come back to bmx. some people collect as much as they can quickly, others collect the iconic bikes they could only dream of owning as a child, others go down the one make line and take time to  collect an amazing collection, sum just race/ride/freestyle were all slightly different. peoples budgets vary as do peoples preferances . but one thing we all have in common is the simple fact we ALL have a love of what we did as children and that was BMX . like many people ive "thought" of thinning out my collection and selling a few . but all my bikes i like, all be it for different reasons and i just dont know what i would sell if i ever finally do ever part with any. 2001 saw me get back into bmx and im still here , it will NEVER be over for me ,ill always have one or two bikes  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2013, 03:46 PM »

yeh roosk,,,was funn for all ,,,now ya need air bagg protection if ya come off its badd

dan-dare

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12 PM »

yeh roosk,,,was funn for all ,,,now ya need air bagg protection if ya come off its badd

You have lovely knockers, Russ...!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2013, 05:40 PM »
I've just spent the day amongst some of the most skillful and brave riders I've ever seen, at the North regional at Leeds. BMX is thriving  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else not feeling it at the moment?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx