gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 01:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rare GT Fork Decals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rare GT Fork Decals  (Read 636 times)

Kezbose

Rare GT Fork Decals
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Hi Guys. Forgive me if I'm being a bit of a numb skull. I am trying to source a set of replacement fork decals, but the ones I have seem to be like the elusive holy grail. Can anyone shed a little more light on what exactly they are. I believe they are quite rare double butted forks, but correct me if I'm wrong. You will notice that the lettering is 'chromo' rather than the usual 'cro mo'. Bought the bike about a year back from Martin46 and I understand from Martin that this was a team race bike so may have had some special parts I guess.

Decals are on foil rather than clear vinyl and ideally I want to try and source left and right. (Can't seem to add a picture for example!).

I am also interested in finding some Araya Super 7X 'Tiger' 36 hole decals. Mine are fine, but I am looking to get the rims re-chromed at some time. Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Rare GT Fork Decals
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05 PM »
here you go mate. follow this and get some pictures up  :)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=32.0
dave the bmxing gypo

Kezbose

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Lets see if I can still read! All this tech computer wizardry leaves me cold.

Fingers crossed!

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:50 PM »
leave em on, if possible .... seems hard to come by a set of these fork decals. Perhaps a photoshop wiz has an idea on how to get these remade.  :-\

-> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-school-bmx-araya-rim-decals-/321134761088?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac51f9480#ht_878wt_1242
-> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Old-School-BMX-Decal-Sticker-for-ARAYA-Rim-7X-ukai-/261159968551?pt=US_Rims&hash=item3cce58df27#ht_836wt_1242
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:47 PM by fischflo »

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28 PM »
I have seen this era of decal on US ebay on the foil.

Kezbose

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me guys. Sadly the Araya decals in the links are the earlier ones. I am needing the later ones with the tiger for super 7x. Similar to the spider version on 48 hole, but mine are for a 36 hole rim.

The fork decals are going to be a pain to find. Can't seem to find anyone who can confirm exactly why they are different to the regular butted decals. Tried on US Ebay, but nothing matching mine has appeared in the last 6 months!

Oh well, one day I guess a set will appear. Until then I may see if Del can make me a set of replacements.

If anyone comes across a pair, please let me know.

Cheers

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rare GT Fork Decals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx