gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975553 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 02:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please  (Read 9827 times)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Mmmmmm, I live on here & FBook and have somehow missed this whole topic!!  :crazy2:

I've become lazy posting pics, Photobucket does my head in now so lately I just post up on Facebook (whichever BMX group) purely for ease. When I have gone to the trouble on here with our Grimsby/Cleethorpes meets no fooker comments anyway!!!   :yahoo_silent:

Too many 'playground' antics on here and FBook page happening too. Cant be arsed with any of it, the stories I've heard lately (& seen) are unbelievable yet there's a few with rose tinted specs that would have none of it. We're all here for the love of little bikes, MK13 was awesome, what an atmosphere, every ride/meet this year too I've loved and keep meeting new guys & gals, we should all be in it together but obviously some characters will always clash.

Unfortunately the way things are going with prices of stuff it ruining the hobby for most & I guess the whole scene generates a lot of greed & jealousy..........  :(

A closed group sounds a good idea to me!!  :daumenhoch:

As for Swan Guy 'liking' Zaza's Tack Room, I've honestly no idea, perhaps he just likes wearing jodhpurs!!!!   :-*

Idiot! :bellend:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2013, 11:02 PM »
It seems the photo bucket thing is a real issue with many and even i've taken the stance that it's quicker to show pics or colours through face book, sad but true but when i receive a pm on Rad and i need to show pics ect i message the guys on FB as it's instant so much less hassle and time consuming, apart from that FB Rad seems pointless as they can all open another tab and be on Rad and Face book at a click :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2013, 12:03 AM »
MK and the other meets are the bread and butter, this internet stuff is just what fills in the gaps.

What's Facebook anyway?

rodriguez

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2013, 12:52 AM »
facebook page  :wtf:

get people back on the site pull the plug on the page/group or whatever it's called   :daumenhoch:

otherwise i might half to join facebook   :-\

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 01:37 AM »
like ed said, blow it up. Maybe just keep a chat box, but kill all thread sort of stuff. .... just keep a business card kind of presence there with that chat box, if that's even possible. I dunno what im talkin, never faced booked or whatever you call it

Offline PHIL9HUF

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2013, 01:46 AM »
Cmon guys RAD is RAD and fb is fb !
WE are here for BMX and trying to re create the great memories from our childhoods  :daumenhoch:
We all love looking at and owning the beautiful builds that we owned and dreamed of owning years ago  :daumenhoch:
Some people use it to try and make a quick quid but MOST dont  :daumenhoch:
We do need parts and we will buy them from wherever they come from but !!!

ITS ONLY £10 FOR A SITE SUPPORTER TAG AND MK IS WORTH MORE THAN THAT SURELY   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

I am fairly new and fairly quiet on here but have been on fb and even quieter on there for years cos its full of idiots  :2gunsfiring_v1:
In the short time I have been on RAD I have met some ace people and enjoyed some crackin days out and weekends away  :daumenhoch:
I am used to go going to Thailand 3/5 times a year but this year had a weekend in Chester,Cleethorpes and MK  :LolLolLolLol:
Multimedia is a worlwide thing RAD is RAD and in the shiort time i have been here realised RAD has its own SPECIAL WAY  :daumenhoch:
Long may it continue I will get off it now  :angrysoapbox:
Thankyou if you read all this but if you did then you know you are RAD  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2013, 01:48 AM »
Cmon guys RAD is RAD and fb is fb !
WE are here for BMX and trying to re create the great memories from our childhoods  :daumenhoch:
We all love looking at and owning the beautiful builds that we owned and dreamed of owning years ago  :daumenhoch:
Some people use it to try and make a quick quid but MOST dont  :daumenhoch:
We do need parts and we will buy them from wherever they come from but !!!

ITS ONLY £10 FOR A SITE SUPPORTER TAG AND MK IS WORTH MORE THAN THAT SURELY   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

I am fairly new and fairly quiet on here but have been on fb and even quieter on there for years cos its full of idiots  :2gunsfiring_v1:
In the short time I have been on RAD I have met some ace people and enjoyed some crackin days out and weekends away  :daumenhoch:
I am used to go going to Thailand 3/5 times a year but this year had a weekend in Chester,Cleethorpes and MK  :LolLolLolLol:
Multimedia is a worlwide thing RAD is RAD and in the shiort time i have been here realised RAD has its own SPECIAL WAY  :daumenhoch:
Long may it continue I will get off it now  :angrysoapbox:
Thankyou if you read all this but if you did then you know you are RAD  :daumenhoch:
+1

BANNED

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2013, 07:58 AM »
Facebook is sitting on a bus.
Rad is having someone save you a seat on the back row.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2013, 08:00 AM »
Very childish !

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2013, 08:04 AM »
Only just saw this thread :idiot2:
I only knew about the fb page when a mate ( who's not a member on here) started telling me about these old school bikes on fb radbmx.
I guess it's handy if the site goes down ( which I imagine has been sorted?), but other than that Rad is Rad and Facebook is....... For letching over birds you used to get hold of and thinking ' she's put some timber on' , OR,  ' if only I wasn't married' :LolLolLolLol: and of course , to let people know all your buisiness , that you might have a cake , or a crap::) ,or to advertise the fact your in Florida , so the local scum know it's ok to rob you :idiot2:
 Shut the fooker down :angrysoapbox:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2013, 08:19 AM »
Yes.

I have no idea why Steph, you want to cause so much trouble to us on Rad.

After my comments yesterday, I would have hoped we could have drawn a line under things, with another consideration of having you back on site (officially)

All very childish ain't it ?

griff

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2013, 08:38 AM »
All the sale posts (for the last few weeks at least) were deleted, including those by Mods
There were a couple of Steph's in there too, which I suppose made him feel singled out in some way  ::)
Setting up a fake Rad group for 'fellow radsters' though...?

I've reported the group to FB
Given up trying to reason with him after he decided to post my PMs to him on another forum...

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56 AM »
I've had some proper cocks contact me via FB.. Asking if they can come on the London ride.. Rad has always been my little thing. I had that little thing inside me that wanted to build something I loved always. Not just because someone else is doing it and think its cool at the time.

These are people from my past that I never had much to do with!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:00 AM by Pooch »
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I've had some proper cocks inside me ,something I loved. Not just because someone else is doing it and think its cool .

Keep that stuff for Facebook Pooch :LolLolLolLol:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2013, 10:00 AM »
I've had some proper cocks inside me ,something I loved. Not just because someone else is doing it and think its cool .

Keep that stuff for Facebook Pooch :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Bin the FB page definintely, it served a purpose when radbmx used to crash, but considering that doesn't happen any longer it is not needed.

rodriguez

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Bin the FB page definintely, it served a purpose when radbmx used to crash, but considering that doesn't happen any longer it is not needed.

I agree just bin it, leave a link to this site.

Job done  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2013, 11:46 AM »
Surely this site is the original and most important and therefore it must be kept alive and well 'by any means necessary'.
If that means suspending the facebook site then so be it. I personally would rather eat my own vomit than go on facebook.
Nick Swan made the best point about rad being a pull site rather than a pusher. People go on here for the love- not the chance to make a quick buck or rip people off. I love the fact that I can safely buy bmx parts at reasonable prices and they always turn up as advertised :4_17_5:  :smitten:
People(I've spoken to at rides) are fed up with photobucket though....perhaps a newer, simpler way of adding photos would see those who have left be happier to return ?

Let's all pull together lads and get our beloved 'Rad' back to where it was :daumenhoch: 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:08 PM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2013, 11:48 AM »
This is an interesting topic, I can see where griff is coming from with the for sale threads as some folk are using FB to sell stuff as they aren't a site supporter, which isn't really on. But to be honest I think if rad FB was binned they would move onto another bmx related FB site to sell their wares.

The uploading of pics to Facebook is another worthy topic, yes it is much easier to upload pics on FB and photobucket is poor, I'm surely there must be a another photo host that could be used, we just need to find one. I know you can use Flickr but I like to see the pics in the thread not a link to another site with pics.

Yes the for sale threads have slowed down on rad but they have on most sites as people are sitting on their rare items coz they know they probably will never get hold of them again. With eBay putting up prices rad was good way of selling and buying stuff, now that has moved on to Facebook. Although I can't remember buying anything from anyone through Facebook.

The problem here is we need to get people to use rad and to be honest I'm not sure how to do that.
I see people moaning that it is hard to navigate now which I don't really understand. For me the easiest way to use the site is to use the "show unread posts since last visit" or the "show new replies to your posts"

I just press those every time I come on the site and scroll down to the topics I want to read. You don't miss the good threads that way. I know people that press the triangle button to cover up the link to a particular section as they aren't interested in it, I think they are missing out.

I'm not sure how we can encourage people to use rad and pay for a site supporters tag, when you can sell to others on Facebook without paying for a tag and uploading of pics is poor on rad due to photobucket. Yes £10 is fook all, but remember we live in a culture where people like to get something for free,  why are people going to pay when they can use FB for free?

I think all we can do is promote rad, get rid of the rad FB site, and find a picture host that works like photobucket but is faster and more reliable.

Sorry about any poor grammar in this post griff :daumenhoch:

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09 PM »
I dont use Facebook... But Rad bmx is here  :coolsmiley: not there (just my thoughts)

Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09 PM »
We will ask about the photos  :4_17_5:

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2013, 12:13 PM »
We will ask about the photos  :4_17_5:

If this could be sorted it would be a major step forward.  :4_17_5:

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2013, 01:09 PM »
One other point...... surely the majority on here, those that have a love for all things Rad are site supporters anyway and wouldn't stop paying their ten quid because of the FBook page?? Everyone on there is a member of loads of different BMX groups, I am but it would never stop my donation on here...... just saying.   ;)

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2013, 01:18 PM »
What just happened to my post? Is it you again Rob lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx