gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 04:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Z Rim hub paint removal?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Z Rim hub paint removal?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Z Rim hub paint removal?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55 PM »
No hutchman,its the creamy coloured hubs on the mike buff z rims,the oven pride doesnt seem to be working etc...you got any idea's what i could try next.

cheers
graham
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 11:25 PM »
No hutchman,its the creamy coloured hubs on the mike buff z rims,the oven pride doesnt seem to be working etc...you got any idea's what i could try next.

cheers
graham

ovenpride will only work on anno.... (blue hubs) .. the white ones , as others have said are probably powder or paint.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49 PM »
have a few things in the bag with the rims,but guess what,it doesnt seem to be lifting the stuff of the hubs,so what next guys do i need to get industrial stripper or something?

cheerz :D
:-X :whistle:

i'd try nitromors/paint stripper next
->http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,169353.msg1714499.html#msg1714499 Jim oldtired doo dah

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 11:57 PM »
ive tried to different types of nitromors and to be honest you could bath in the stuff thats how bad it is compared to the way nitromors used to be years and years ago it would have lifted your skin off,so now i am going to have to look to see if there is something good to take off powder coating.

thanks for the replys guys cheers
graham

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 12:04 AM »
has any of you guys used...permatex gasket remover...says its good for removing powdercoating,if you have used it where do you get it at?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 12:19 AM »
if paint  - i'd try paint stripper

otherwise:

has any of you guys used...permatex gasket remover...says its good for removing powdercoating,if you have used it where do you get it at?

"Get a can of Permatex Gasket Remover from a car parts supplier..." ....Del
->http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,54500.0.html

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 12:59 AM »
i hope the autoparts shops in northern ireland sell permatex i go and buy loads tomorrow lol maybe throw petrol over the hubs and set them alight :O lol

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Right guys,what is the best stuff for removing powdercoat that is available in the U.K or to buy online,the ovenpride never removed all the ano of the araya'smaybe this restoring some of my bikes is a very bad idea,as nothing goes right for me lol

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22 AM »
now slowly:
right now you got (I) Arayas and (II) hubs to strip - and so far you've tried (A) ovenpride and (B) permatex on both.

on the arayas and hubs neither (A) ovenpride NOR even  (B) permatex (!) worked!? :shocked:  (A):.......you must be doing smth wrong, like not leaving the ovenpride soak long enough in the plastik bag, rinsing it off too quickly and without working it with a brush etc...

maybe this restoring some of my bikes is a very bad idea,as nothing goes right for me lol
  ....don't be silly, we've got the best bunch around here, i'll be damned if we couldn't get your rims and hubs stripped! :tickedoff:

"help"

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 12:57 PM »
hey mate,no i was looking to find out were you would get permatex...i went to a auto shop there and got strong paint stripper so hopefully it will do the job,am going to go and get more oven pride to do the arayas again,but i will put it on with a brush instead of using the big bag,ive loads of stuff here that i need to be stripping but its findind the right stuff to use.

Offline childhooddream

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47 AM »
I think u should go to a local powdercoaters ask them what they think is on the hub and then they will dip it for you.

Job done  :daumenhoch:

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 03:15 PM »
hey,think i wil contact a powdercoater and ask them what do they use and if it can be bought might try my hand and see if they give me some :) am going to get stuff powdercoated anyway with them?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Z Rim hub paint removal?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx