gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 06:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MK1 Raleigh Burner Poll - Red & Yellow or Blue & Yellow
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MK1 Raleigh Burner Poll - Red & Yellow or Blue & Yellow  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: MK1 Raleigh Burner Poll - Red & Yellow or Blue & Yellow
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2014, 02:27 PM »
mk 1 was the pits !! mk 2 a little better !

For me its the other way round, the MK1 can be forgiven due to the early stage of BMX and Raleigh's first attempt, the MK2 should've been where they corrected all the original design issues and even copied the Tange geometry? But instead they fooked it up again and for that reason I think its one of the worst things made in BMX

true in a sense . the mk 2 was terrible to ride but 25.4 seatposts and single gussets always look wrong and were well phased out in the industry by the time the mk1 came out . shame raleigh was ran by sturmey archer who got famous from a hub designed in 1915 where their thinking stayed.

What makes it even more frustrating and totally baffling is that Raleigh could have easily produced a much better bike than the MK2 Burner and then Styler given their US connections with Rampar then Raleigh Racing.

Raleigh had used this formula of pinching ideas from the states successfully with the Chopper, Grifter and then the MK1 Burner which is obviously based on the Rampar R10, (which was already outdated in the US by '82).

Why didn't they do the same for the MK2?  Although Raleigh had licensed their international activities to Huffy by this stage and the bikes where sold as Raleigh Racing, I'm sure they could still have collaborated R&D.

UK got the Raleigh Burner MK2, US got the RR series  :wtf:

UK got the Raleigh Styler, US got the Raleigh Shock  :wtf:

Unfortunately Raleigh like many other British companies of this time was run by idiots.

Rod, I reckon that they were that excited wetting their pants about using oval tubing on the main tubes, that they totally forgot to design the geometry properly.  :shocked:  ::)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

rodriguez

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39 PM »
mk 1 was the pits !! mk 2 a little better !

For me its the other way round, the MK1 can be forgiven due to the early stage of BMX and Raleigh's first attempt, the MK2 should've been where they corrected all the original design issues and even copied the Tange geometry? But instead they fooked it up again and for that reason I think its one of the worst things made in BMX

true in a sense . the mk 2 was terrible to ride but 25.4 seatposts and single gussets always look wrong and were well phased out in the industry by the time the mk1 came out . shame raleigh was ran by sturmey archer who got famous from a hub designed in 1915 where their thinking stayed.

What makes it even more frustrating and totally baffling is that Raleigh could have easily produced a much better bike than the MK2 Burner and then Styler given their US connections with Rampar then Raleigh Racing.

Raleigh had used this formula of pinching ideas from the states successfully with the Chopper, Grifter and then the MK1 Burner which is obviously based on the Rampar R10, (which was already outdated in the US by '82).

Why didn't they do the same for the MK2?  Although Raleigh had licensed their international activities to Huffy by this stage and the bikes where sold as Raleigh Racing, I'm sure they could still have collaborated R&D.

UK got the Raleigh Burner MK2, US got the RR series  :wtf:

UK got the Raleigh Styler, US got the Raleigh Shock  :wtf:

Unfortunately Raleigh like many other British companies of this time was run by idiots.

Rod, I reckon that they were that excited wetting their pants about using oval tubing on the main tubes, that they totally forgot to design the geometry properly.  :shocked:  ::)

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline eddie kidd

• Rockwalk
  • 22 years 23 days 24 minutes
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2014, 01:01 AM »
I had an Aero Pro... 8)

I can assure you it was the dogs boll@cks bitd...

When the local bmx community found out i was getting one for xmas, there was 20 kids outside my door as i rolled this thing of beauty out...

Sorry, cheese for me... :-[
Wanted Green Oakley B2 Grips...Nos...

Offline Flipsurf74

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 08:12 PM »
I'm a big fan of the red and yellow however my current build is a mk1 blue and yellow can get hold of red one !

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 08:18 PM »
got to be the red and yellow for me... only coz i had one .. i wont ever admit that ever again . :-[

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2014, 10:32 PM »

:bow:

I had an Aero Pro... 8)

I can assure you it was the dogs boll@cks bitd...

When the local bmx community found out i was getting one for xmas, there was 20 kids outside my door as i rolled this thing of beauty out...

Sorry, cheese for me... :-[

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 09:12 PM »

:welcome anymore votes.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MK1 Raleigh Burner Poll - Red & Yellow or Blue & Yellow

gfxgfx
gfx gfx