gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 01:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY  (Read 27172 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: BOTY
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 04:12 PM »
and would also like to think people would welcome Sean back with open arms  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Just noticed your post count Dave!  :shocked:

That was in the days when Dave got first dib dobs on absolutely every fookin thing !!

That was another fix  :-X  :LolLolLolLol:

I remember those days Steve. I think Dave had the fastest trigger finger in the west! Pure jealousy on my part!  ;)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 06:47 PM »
and would also like to think people would welcome Sean back with open arms  :daumenhoch:

He hasn't said that he wants to come back Rob, he's not said anything.  :shocked:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2016, 06:34 AM »
A "bring back stidds" thread won't be far off .  He's been on here daily .

Remember jim'll fix it did loads for charity.

DTDB and pickle why don't you start a bumming page over on FB .
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline mrs_stidds

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29 AM »
Do you really not have anything better to do than follow me around the site when I log on and try strirring everything up again. 
I said in my other post that I was open to PM's or questions and so would obviously be around to check.
You need to decide what your argument is now about - me not coming on site but voting, or coming on site but you not liking it!!!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2016, 07:42 AM »
I couldn't give a toss if you come on the site or not Sean . Your Mrs Accounts getting some air time now so fair play .

The bottom line  is it's blatant cheating but as the Mods admit, it can't be proven who pushed the keys . But admit there was a lot of unusual activity around the voters accounts . It's come to light that a few banned members voted . Don't ask me how but they have .

If certain members are naive enough to believe that you didn't cheat than that's great .

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:03 AM by crazycraig »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

griff

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2016, 09:26 AM »
. It's come to light that a few banned members voted . Don't ask me how but they have .

Not trying to take anything away from your comments, just trying to separate fact from otherwise
If a member votes on a poll anywhere on the site, then it will show up in their profile even after they are banned. Happy to be proven wrong, but as far as I know there is no way they can vote after the banning has taken place..

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2016, 09:31 AM »
so banned members voted , whilst they were active but cannot vote once banned. we checked

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Stick the screen shot up that Ed had of the votes then ..........Or has he deleted it ?

Old School BMX only
Cash is King

griff

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2016, 10:02 AM »
I don't know which screenshot you're on about, but whatever is on it isn't going to tell you any different
Just because you're banned, the votes made on your profile before it happened don't just vanish

Petrol is probably not the best liquid to use to put a fire out

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2016, 10:06 AM »
You know what the best thing to do with this .

Get Jaymz to list out  the findings of his investigation and what he discovered .You're all forgetting that i didnt dream up all this . This came from inside youre camp .

I suggest that JAYMZ throw up all his findings and then let the people decide for themselves  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:14 AM by crazycraig »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2016, 10:09 AM »
And re run the competition again .....With Seans bike included
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2016, 10:27 AM »
A "bring back stidds" thread won't be far off .  He's been on here daily .

Remember jim'll fix it did loads for charity.

DTDB and pickle why don't you start a bumming page over on FB .

We've all made mistakes/not done things the best way, Craig. I have. I'm sure you have too.
I've only ever met Sean briefly at MK during the S&S registration, so i don't know him at at.  He's not really my type anyway, so there'll be no bumming from my end (so to speak)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:36 AM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Look i was no saint in my younger days . Far from it . Karma has kicked me in the dick over the last few years .

I dont mind if Sean uses his own account to log back in or if he stays away . Like you said we have all made mistakes .

Bottom line is . There was a great deal of unusual activity and numbers around voting on the bike . No one can prove this . I get that .

If you all keep commenting trying to make out im the bad man . Bring it  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2016, 10:44 AM »
I'm not Craig. Fair play to you for coming forward and putting your neck on the line. This is the last comment i'll make on the subject. Hooefully see you on one of the rides this year  :daumenhoch:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2016, 10:46 AM »
You certainly will  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

griff

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2016, 10:53 AM »
I wasn't trying to make you out to be a bad man Craig, but if I see something that doesn't seem right then I'll comment on it, otherwise it's just going to fuel further debate for no reason. Like I said before, not trying to take anything away from you - just know that this is being taken very seriously indeed and expect an announcement before too long. I'm not the site owner so it's not my place to comment beyond that but I wouldn't want to be a part of  :radbmxsmilie: if I didn't think it was being run honourably/fairly.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2016, 11:04 AM »

Perhaps this is a good idea then perhaps we can put this whole sorry saga to bed. ???  Think Rad's been dragged through the dirt enough now... let's get back to building bikes.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2016, 11:57 AM »
First a voting system that cannot be manipulated needs to be created
We have discussed this for hours this weekend and as you can imagine making something that will allow easy voting and a lack of multi votes is key so it will take time to implement
As will deciding what is fair for boty. But again time is the issue
So if you want tit all done today then unlucky as it will take a good few discussions to get it right

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03 PM »
A way to possibly sort this out could be to run a 'What Did You Vote For In BOTY' thread.

We know how many members voted, so excluding Sean, each of those members (should they choose to) can comment only once, with the bikes/ bike they voted for.

The strength of this, and proof from results, would massively rely on each individual truth and honesty, all coming down to trust. And also that no spoilers jump on saying they voted, when they diidn't.

Just a single member, single comment with the bike/bikes to, none of the additional comments.

Just a suggestion, and it may help?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:05 PM by Retrodan72 »

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Lots of votes from non posters so unlikely they will post to confirm which is why this is a hard issue to resolve
Voting will change once we have a solution
Once we know how we can get an open and honest vote for all then we can look at how we use the new system

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Lots of votes from non posters so unlikely they will post to confirm which is why this is a hard issue to resolve
Voting will change once we have a solution
Once we know how we can get an open and honest vote for all then we can look at how we use the new system

Fair enough Rich, and probably best, under the circumstances.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29 PM »

As Sean's bike was only in the running as it came joint first in August with benno ( no doubt using his block votes) I think if it's re run it should be with 12 bikes if it's assumed his other botm wins were legit , if not without stidds bikes at all
Jono

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2016, 02:52 PM »
I voted for it in the BOTM and BOTY. I've no idea who Sean/Stidds even is but it's a lovely bike.

All of his bikes are stunners
Jono

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2016, 02:59 PM »
I loved that A&A too. The Super X mono shock thing wasn't for me (my personal taste), but it was a good quality build all the same.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx