gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975564 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 16, 2024, 06:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY  (Read 27018 times)

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: BOTY
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 10:08 PM »
Will this make my calendar more valuable then  :teef:

It will make a great heirloom  :daumenhoch:

Still sealed in the envelope too  ^"^
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 10:11 PM »
My wife wouldn't vote for my bikes anyway  :-[

I've read all of this lot, and tbh, I don't really care. It's all a bit of fun and I'm not going to get the hump if my entry gets 0 votes or 10million. I like my bikes and that's what the hobby is all about to me. It has nothing to do with winning BOTM whatsoever.

The forum is open for anybody and everybody to join and with that, they get the right to vote however they please. I don't think anybody can say they don't have a bit of bias if their good mates put in an entry. I didn't realize that if you are a forum member your family, children, close friends etc.... are automatically barred.

It's a hobby ffs, it's not like somebody is fixing the National Lottery.

Now can somebody post a build thread please?
Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 10:17 PM »
My wife wouldn't vote for my bikes anyway  :-[

I've read all of this lot, and tbh, I don't really care. It's all a bit of fun and I'm not going to get the hump if my entry gets 0 votes or 10million. I like my bikes and that's what the hobby is all about to me. It has nothing to do with winning BOTM whatsoever.

The forum is open for anybody and everybody to join and with that, they get the right to vote however they please. I don't think anybody can say they don't have a bit of bias if their good mates put in an entry. I didn't realize that if you are a forum member your family, children, close friends etc.... are automatically barred.

It's a hobby ffs, it's not like somebody is fixing the National Lottery.

Now can somebody post a build thread please?

Not had time to build ow't with this going on  :teef:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18 PM »
How about in-thread voting on all BOTM/BOTY competitions from here on in... ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 10:40 PM »

Personally most of the bikes that have won BOTY was the best of show so I don't know what the problem is..
Or subscription members can only vote..

it would be best, (not fair on mods etc) if anyone with any behind the scenes connections did not enter the BOTM/BOTY.  Same as MK show n shine builds being built and judged by judges.  Its a little unethical and will always be open to scepticism.

I don't post on here often and its a shame that this has caused a stain on RAD that I imagine may linger for sometime.

maybe an option to show who voted as well as results would offer some transparency

i'll fook off back under my rock now  :-X

good idea and one i suggested in a discussion this morning  :daumenhoch:
i used to post a fair bit on the forum but since becoming a moderator i see my role as exactly that. keeping a close eye on what goes on and getting involved only when I feel that some moderation is required. this includes back of house areas i will add, you wont catch me snooping around like a sneaky fooker
i think that if the site does move forward then the role of staff could mean non entry into boty/botm. MK is seperate as judges are not necessarily staff etc
just my thoughts
oh and if there is a secret room then I aint found it and I work here

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 10:50 PM »

Personally most of the bikes that have won BOTY was the best of show so I don't know what the problem is..

it would be best, (not fair on mods etc) if anyone with any behind the scenes connections did not enter the BOTM/BOTY.  Same as MK show n shine builds being built and judged by judges.  Its a little unethical and will always be open to scepticism.

I don't post on here often and its a shame that this has caused a stain on RAD that I imagine may linger for sometime.

maybe an option to show who voted as well as results would offer some transparency

i used to post a fair bit on the forum but since becoming a moderator i see my role as exactly that. keeping a close eye on what goes on and getting involved only when I feel that some moderation is required. this includes back of house areas i will add, you wont catch me snooping around like a sneaky fooker
i think that if the site does move forward then the role of staff could mean non entry into boty/botm. MK is seperate as judges are not necessarily staff etc
just my thoughts

Dave there is a secret room buddy, there's been one for years   :-X
Ride it like its stolen

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54 PM »

just my thoughts

no paul there isnt
there was but it went with the big crash  :daumenhoch:
there is a staffroom but thats that

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 11:00 PM »
sorry i think the whole thing is a really bad show  :-[  I've been around since pretty much the beginning of rad and seen it evolve to what it is today. RAD is the corner stone of OSBMX in the UK, and to me its the standard!! All the FB groups want to be RAD. nowadays i dont spend as much time on here as i should due to business commitments but it doesn't mean I'm not as passionate as I've always been. I'm so happy to be a site supporter and think MK is a blessing, thank you to all mods for their effort, But playing devils advocate. I think mods should not enter BOTM.  You are leaving yourself open to this sort thing. I now feel i have been caught up in this scandal (sorry if that is  too dramatic of a term)but  i had bikes in BOTM and its really has left a sour taste in my mouth now.  :( :(

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Many have said its time for a revamp and I think they may be right, not necessarily the whole site but definitely BOTM. What should it be 'mim not really sure right now but RAD needs to get back to being RAD and it's not just down to the owners, admin and mods but mostly us mortal supporters. Pull together to make this place rock once again and the bickering will be long forgotten.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline bmxband1t77

• Cherry Picker
  • '77 a good year (Star Wars-Punk) but not my DOB.
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 11:33 PM »
I think we should all remember this started out with your first BMX and the love affair began there.

It was always about having fun, knocking around with ya mates and trying to outdo each other on trix, bikes, parts or birds pulled due to any of those.

That's why you're here on this forum precisely the same sort of reasons just slightly changed now we're all a lot older n creakier.

We buy, build and dream of bikes we never could afford in our wildest dreams as kids but now with funds and affluence, yes we can afford 'that' dream ride or develop a Harem of bikes to cherish.

Never lose sight that we are in this planet just the once, no replays.

So let's just Fukin enjoy it while we can and not wither away but crash through the gates in a blaze of dust and chrome only to skid majestically waving a 'peace out' sign into the coffin.

If Admin and mods are excluded why not give them their own monthly botm to play around with?
It's unfair their builds not get appreciated at end of the day as so many are superb. But between them let the banter fly which for me is highly amusing a lot of the time.

STAY RAD AND DONCHA FORGET IT

PEACE

Jonboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodriguez

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 01:56 AM »

just my thoughts

no paul there isnt

Staffroom, secret room much the same IMO, I don't really understand why you need one although given the number of mods and admin it's probably been the busiest part of the site until this morning.

Are there people who aren't mods or admin allowed in?

If it's all the people listed on the portal as staff then it's definitely a forum within a forum.

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 06:32 AM »

just my thoughts

no paul there isnt

Staffroom, secret room much the same IMO, I don't really understand why you need one although given the number of mods and admin it's probably been the busiest part of the site until this morning.

Are there people who aren't mods or admin allowed in?

If it's all the people listed on the portal as staff then it's definitely a forum within a forum.
completley agree. If this staff room isn't listed on the forum page like ' BMX chat' for e.g. Then it's a secret area. Call it what you will but there's no need for this. It's an insult to everyone that pays their way. Some will come back and say it isn't secret. Ok, show me one old thread that openly mentions the staff room & I'll shut up.

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 06:33 AM »
Or is it on a ' need to know' basis?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Its only accessed by the moderators so they can discuss stuff and bounce ideas about.

I used to have access as a moderator but no longer do.

Its an admin section that's all.......dont try to make it something it isnt

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 07:34 AM »
all I said was it should be known there is a 'staff' room. Nothing more. Am I not allowed my opinion?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 07:37 AM »
Its no secret there's an admin area, all forums have them.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 08:03 AM »
It was secret and certain members were allowed in it . It was publicised and certain members were shown threads of other members being slagged off . Myself included !

Nothing or nothing you can see is this room when you check who's online today. It was called the dog and duck if I can remember right.

Nevertheless all this is clouding the underlying issue of members being cheated . 2 main staff leaving the forum in embarrassment is my opinion . 300 posts on Facebook and several threads on here

Not a single apology or statment regarding the issue raised . And certainly not an apology to me for all the shit I've taken getting this out in the open. Just a " Stidds is the only one that knows and he will explain in his own time "

Threats of pulling the plug on the forum and MK .

I will say a big thanks for all my messages ( on text ,what's app and fb ) I've kept them off here as there's rumours admin can read our messages . That's for another day though . And for all the haters with your " good judge of character " where are you now ? We all loved Jim'll fix it didn't we . You never really know what people are like . Everyone has a shop front . Thanks for all the member that had the balls to step forward and say what you thought .

Nothing's been proved or admitted but everything points that way

There has been talk of its needs a shake up ,fresh blood fresh start ,put a line under it . That's the rad bmx carpet . I'm happy to let it stay there . Whatever has happened and all the good hard work people have done behind the scenes is wasted for cheating on a bmx competition that had no gain what so ever .

This mono shock bike thread that was deleted of which I have Seen cheated members from knowing  the truth .
Seams I have been judged over the last few days and not everyone that commented know me .

I do hope that rad continues and I do hope we all get, an apology and the truth . I doubt it though .
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:19 AM by crazycraig »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Couldn't agree more!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Yes Craig I do remember it but it went along time ago when we rebuilt the site (4 years ago now I think)

The only place members don't see now is the admin section which is only accessed by mods and admin to discuss site matters.

You all talk about a shake up, but they guys who run the site do a superb job.......if you want the site to pick up and be jumping again then its down to its members.

Offline dilybum

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 08:27 AM »
I cant see the problem with a secret back room.. how else does this thing get run!!

Craig... what is your beef and personal MISSION with this....  you should get over it dude

RAD is the cornerstone also IMO, others do follow

There is a hiccup atm, and not a little one... but no real BIG deal, and i too was affected by it!!

Big Shame Nick felt the need to step down... one of the good guys also IMO!!

Love RAD, Love BMX, Love MK!!!!

Hope you can continue boys n girls

THAT... is my 5 cents (and i dont want to discuss it with CrazY CraIG!!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 08:27 AM »
Oh and people ask why didn't I pm Sean . Fact is he deleted me from face book and others immediately when pickle mentioned BOTY and Sean . That tells me he doesn't want to talk to me . He's never spoke to me in all the years I've been on here . No love lost there .

BUSTED

Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

Offline dilybum

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29 AM »
B O R I N G !!!!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 08:31 AM »
If your bored after 146 posts this forum ain't for you  :daumenhoch: chop chop
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 08:45 AM »
loads of talk about a secret room again......well all forums have them, they are there for the admin/mods to discuss issues on the site, i had one on a forum i used to run and also had access to on on another forum i used to mod on, forums CANT run without them. from what i know (i dont have access) the "secret" room on here is is just used for the purpose of forum admin, its not like the old dog and duck secret room from before the crash where certain other members were also allowed in and tbh not alot happened in there anyway as i found out when a member let me have a look at it.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 09:01 AM »
I will post what I have found out later tonight as I have a job I cant do it now

I will post what we KNOW not what we or others think or guess

as I said Craig , I will post up the facts later

you can call if you like

PM me for my number

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx