gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 01:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY  (Read 27009 times)

rodriguez

Re: BOTY
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 10:13 AM »
loads of talk about a secret room again......well all forums have them, they are there for the admin/mods to discuss issues on the site, i had one on a forum i used to run and also had access to on on another forum i used to mod on, forums CANT run without them. from what i know (i dont have access) the "secret" room on here is is just used for the purpose of forum admin, its not like the old dog and duck secret room from before the crash where certain other members were also allowed in and tbh not alot happened in there anyway as i found out when a member let me have a look at it.

Talk because it's happening if you think it's not you're naive.

Facebook groups are run without a staffroom/secret room so why is it necessary on a forum?

If everyone that's listed on the portal has access then that's 19 people, it's a forum within a forum.

Back to the subject of the thread the BOTY this year is a sham and it's only fair to those who participated it should be re-run.

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 10:23 AM »
I'm not on Facebook so probably not best placed to ask this,but why did the whistleblower not do what Craig has done themselves?
It's like they've loaded the gun for Craig to fire the bullets
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59 AM »
loads of talk about a secret room again......well all forums have them, they are there for the admin/mods to discuss issues on the site, i had one on a forum i used to run and also had access to on on another forum i used to mod on, forums CANT run without them. from what i know (i dont have access) the "secret" room on here is is just used for the purpose of forum admin, its not like the old dog and duck secret room from before the crash where certain other members were also allowed in and tbh not alot happened in there anyway as i found out when a member let me have a look at it.

Facebook groups are run without a staffroom/secret room so why is it necessary on a forum?

If everyone that's listed on the portal has access then that's 19 people, it's a forum within a forum.

Back to the subject of the thread the BOTY this year is a sham and it's only fair to those who participated it should be re-run.

Of course facebook groups are run with a staffroom, there will be a group in messenger or on what's app etc... all groups that are policed have a 'staffroom' of some description or other. You cant police a public group without being able to talk with staff in private.
Its crazy to suggest you can!!
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59 AM »

I've been in the 'secret room' as its being called, as a Mod. It's nothing special, just a place where Griff liked to polish is halo.  :angel:  :LolLolLolLol:

An example of why it's there, is that, when a banned member tries to set up a rival forum, using the same name, in order to bring this great forum down, the Mods/Admins need to come up with an action to prevent this. On this occasion, the decision was made to make RADBMX a registered trade mark, so that the name could not be used elsewhere. Steps were made, but it took months.

If this had been done without that room, said banned member, using a fake account would have thought, 'I know, I'll get in there before them'.

Seriously, it's really nothing to get agitated over.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Sham of the month (as many call it) has been a bit of a joke for as long as I've been a member on here 3-4 years now.

One set of rules for most but these rules that can clearly be twisted as long as you're in the right clique & as such i hardly ever bother looking at it & have very rarely voted.

I know lots of members who also feel the same , they put hours in to their restorations with the greatest of intentions & after 1 or 2 attempts at BOTM wouldn't dream of including their bikes again as it's pretty clear even with stellar builds that they don't have a chance of winning... A lot of it has been a popularity contest with (mates voting for mates) a lot of the time.

Yes its's supposed to be (fun) but clearly its a lot more serious than that for a lot of people judging by current events & some of the views expressed in the various threads on here & across Facebook.

But for me the VERY least any entrant should expect surely is a level playing field......

Maybe some things to consider moving forward if BOTM  / BOTY is to survive & to help reassure Radsters that this is going to be a fair monthly  / yearly event.

1: Moderators shouldn't be able to enter.
2: Open voting should be published showing the time date & IP address of vote.
3: Massive Clamp down on people canvassing for votes & the calling out of those who do this.
4: Site supporters with say 500 posts or more only should be allowed to vote in order to deter some of the multiple account madness thats been going on
5: 1 vote only.

Personally i'm not into competition that's not why i build my bikes, but any competition should be as fair as possible & I hope anyone found to have been found cheating or know that this has been going on will do the honourable thing & throw themselves on their swords so to speak....

griff

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 11:13 AM »
It's nothing special, just a place where Griff liked to polish is halo.  :angel:  :LolLolLolLol:

seriously Dan.. what the fook are you on about?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45 AM »
Just fook it off as its obviously causing too much heart ache.

Who are all these members who feel the same?

I often vote for a mates build but only because I know what has gone into it rather than just cause he's a mate.

Its like the judging at MK, people spend millions on a build and think it has a devine right to win, then you look at the bike and half the stuff is not original or era correct.  They feel like the place is against them but its not the case.

It would be a shame but maybe best to kill the comp as not everyone can win.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Ive had a lengthy conversation with Nick Gashead and i am happy with what has been said .

I will not be commenting anymore on the "voting" issue or any other issue that may tarnish the creditability of the site.

I believe there will be an announcement in the near future regarding issues that have been rasied over the last few days along with solutions on how the site moves forward.

My intentions were not to bring the site in to disrepute but merely wanted a fair shot for its members.

I think the site will be stronger now this has been aired .

:radbmxsmilie: 
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline dilybum

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Ive had a lengthy conversation with Nick Gashead and i am happy with what has been said .

I will not be commenting anymore on the "voting" issue or any other issue that may tarnish the creditability of the site.

well thank fook for that!!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 02:16 PM »

I believe there will be an announcement in the near future regarding issues that have been rasied over the last few days along with solutions on how the site moves forward.

My intentions were not to bring the site in to disrepute but merely wanted a fair shot for its members.

I think the site will be stronger now this has been aired .

As said in another thread - yes I have spoken to Craig, and have discussed the recent events. Both Rich and I have worked on this and Rich will post up a reply tonight.

Trust will need to be rebuilt, however do we have the balls to stand and continue, yes.

This is not an admssion of any wrong doing, but as a site owner, I will apologies for all that has happened, and we will endeavour to sort things out for the future of Rad.

Trust me, I've not had any sleep over this, however I will strive to make all good, with old and new support.

Nick

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2016, 02:19 PM »

I often vote for a mates build but only because I know what has gone into it rather than just cause he's a mate.

Its like the judging at MK, people spend millions on a build and think it has a devine right to win, then you look at the bike and half the stuff is not original or era correct.  They feel like the place is against them but its not the case.

It's not for me to name names mate & to be honest i wouldn't know most of their user names on here as I've seen these conversations on Facebook in different groups & threads...

I totally also agree with what you're saying about builds at MK & money spend not giving anyone a right to a (win) as I've sen some builds that have cost loads of money & for my tastes just don't work (it's all subjective).

One thing is for sure though, there definitely appears to have been a feeling of discontentment within some members of the community when it comes to BOTM / BOTY & a consensus that it's a bit of a closed shop to a degree & not worth bothering with & from what I remember reading on here in recent months entries have been down as were voting numbers , which might bare this out as a fact..... ?

I honestly couldn't care less about it as I'm not in it for prizes or competition, but for those who are I just think it would be a really poor show if any foul play has been taking place, simply because of the time effort & hard earned cash that people in the hobby pour in to their builds & would like a little recognition for..

Personally I hope it all sorts itself out one way or another.

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2016, 03:10 PM »

It's not for me to name names mate & to be honest i wouldn't know most of their user names on here as I've seen these conversations on Facebook in different groups & threads...

I totally also agree with what you're saying about builds at MK & money spend not giving anyone a right to a (win) as I've sen some builds that have cost loads of money & for my tastes just don't work (it's all subjective).

One thing is for sure though, there definitely appears to have been a feeling of discontentment within some members of the community when it comes to BOTM / BOTY & a consensus that it's a bit of a closed shop to a degree & not worth bothering with & from what I remember reading on here in recent months entries have been down as were voting numbers , which might bare this out as a fact..... ?

I honestly couldn't care less about it as I'm not in it for prizes or competition, but for those who are I just think it would be a really poor show if any foul play has been taking place, simply because of the time effort & hard earned cash that people in the hobby pour in to their builds & would like a little recognition for..

Personally I hope it all sorts itself out one way or another.

I'm sure some bitter people feel this but if you gunna enter you have to expect it's not gunna be to everyone's taste
Personally never felt this way (til this week) I won botm with a copy frameset (not to everyone's taste) and probably sacrilege by others , I'm assuming it was the fact I'd researched and sourced the og parts and I got votes for effort rather than the resulting builds nor have I had conversations or seen such threads about closed shop, I'm hoping what's gone off as a one off and not endemic I'm pretty sure this won't happen again ... Long live RAD
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:34 PM by Jono »
Jono

griff

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32 PM »
here's a fun way to learn about the difference between FACTS and OPINIONS

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/factsopinions.html

In among a few reasonable questions, an awful lot of unsubstantiated bollox has been posted lately (that is a fact :teef: )

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 03:39 PM »
That's actually an opinion until the facts are published.

griff

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 03:56 PM »

Not true, I said there are some reasonable questions (we would all like the answers to)

I'm talking about the negative general digs at the forum/admin popping up lately that have no basis in fact

Bit like when you see a fight in a playground, some kid will always want to get in at the end and stick a boot in

Everyone's entitled to an opinion of course, but they should be considerate about expressing them in public - some people are gullible enough to believe anything they read

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59 PM »
The facts cannot be proved as there is no way of tracking whats happened .The rad platform cannot save this info  but you can look at what info thats here and form an opinion

3 accounts same IP voted
Late night bids
30/40 votes from accounts that have never posted again in the night that put seans bike in the lead
Ridiculous odds on the same person winning so many times

We can only form an opinion from whats above but we wont ever know 

Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 04:06 PM »

Not true, I said there are some reasonable questions (we would all like the answers to)

I'm talking about the negative general digs at the forum/admin popping up lately that have no basis in fact

Bit like when you see a fight in a playground, some kid will always want to get in at the end and stick a boot in

Everyone's entitled to an opinion of course, but they should be considerate about expressing them in public - some people are gullible enough to believe anything they read
probably, but I suppose what all this had bought to light is the fact rad does indeed need a shake up and changes to keep the members happy. Only listening to what members suggest & then actually considering their ideas can the forum move forward. If it stagnates , people vote with their feet, as has happened in here over the last 18 months or so.

griff

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 04:52 PM »
nothing wrong with a shake up/refresh and suggestions for improvements are always good - just coming on and having a generic bleat or repeating 'what they heard from X' as a fact is not the same thing, especially if it's something that's blatantly not true. e.g. rumours we can read your PMs is a good example of one that did the rounds!

In fact a few days ago Sean agreed in the 'secret room' to put into action a bunch of suggestions that had been made to try and improve the layout of the site - now he's resigned they might take a bit longer to put into action but hopefully we can get them sorted before too long

If anyone has any website skills out there and could maybe offer some advice please feel free to get in touch via PM

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 05:00 PM »
I've just got a new suit from George ready for my handover griff . Take plenty notes for me griff and leave your number in case I need you
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

griff

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2016, 05:22 PM »
I've just got a new suit from George ready for my handover griff . Take plenty notes for me griff and leave your number in case I need you

very smart
this number should come in handy  :daumenhoch:
0800 131 3151

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2016, 05:28 PM »
The facts cannot be proved as there is no way of tracking whats happened .The rad platform cannot save this info  but you can look at what info thats here and form an opinion

3 accounts same IP voted
Late night bids
30/40 votes from accounts that have never posted again in the night that put seans bike in the lead
Ridiculous odds on the same person winning so many times

We can only form an opinion from whats above but we wont ever know

I reckon Batman could find out

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2016, 05:41 PM »

Protein shake of the month

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57 PM »
I have said to you all that I would look into the accusations and respond
So here goes

As you have all probably realised Sean was accused of cheating on BOTM and BOTY
Not good for the site or for Sean
Lots of screen shots were sent to various people supposedly showing evidence of said cheating
I have looked at all these as well as delving into the sites logs to see if I can cut through the crap and get to some facts

What I can prove is that Seans IP had three active voting accounts which all voted . I have no idea who they voted for but Jo Seans wife confirms that all three accounts voted for Sean
They belong to Sean , his wife Jo and foster Son Declan
both Sean and Jo have stated that each account was used by the owner of that account and unless I had a time machine that could hover above them when they used them I have no evidence either way
There are many theory's based on timings of votes numbers of votes per account but none of that is anything but guesses and speculation as the logs do not show anything other than that these accounts voted and log in times
You decide if this is cheating or ethical because I am not going to either guess or speculate myself
Other accusations revolve around numbers of members who only logged in to vote 30 or 40 have been used as numbers and this is about right
None of these accounts share an IP with Sean and have joined from the beginning of the new site to hours before BOTY
We also have many Members with more that one account based on IP address
So we do know that Seans house has three accounts that voted and both Jo and Sean readily admit that this is the case
We also know that members have voted for Seans bike and some of those members do not post on the forum. However other bikes in the comp also would have had the same type of voting
So either fake accounts have been set up to vote or some people just vote on BOTY and do not post
We also many members with more that one account
Those are the facts I am sure some will draw a conclusion one way or another but in realty nothing else can be proved

For me it is sad that the opportunity to cheat has been allowed to exist and a better way of voting needs to be found and yes I am sorry that the site has been allowed to be compromised by the ability to cheat
however I would suggest that the scale and potential that it is a lot of people doing this exists and that needs to change
As far as the other suggestions we will look at them all in due course and act accordingly
I also think that the mods on here get a rough ride from some members and that also needs to change as it is a two way street .
I am open to PMs and welcome comments but please we have had enough of a slagging and let's keep it RAD

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Spot on Rich

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated: