gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What builds are you all planning or doing right now?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What builds are you all planning or doing right now?  (Read 9144 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: What builds are you all planning or doing right now?
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 10:52 PM »
Having got to double figures in VDC's for my MK16 display, I've decided to call it a day.

Certain situations and bad deals have ground me down to an all time low.

So in a last ditch effort to relight the flame of interest i'm building my first BMX. It seemed only right I should go full circle and finish with what I started with.
I'm a few items away and still not feeling it  :-\

Keep the faith buddy

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2016, 11:54 PM »
The love and the passion always ebbs and flows throughout the year for me .. It seems just when you are loosing the love it always seems to come back bigger and stronger...
The new year brings in the rad rides and these always get me excited about building again ...

I'm sure the new year will bring you some more energy and BMX love Steve  :daumenhoch:
You do have one hell of a collection already though Steve ...  :4_17_5:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 12:49 AM »
84 Master that needs tweaking/redoing and an RL20 that I have all the bits for apart from wheels and not sure what to put on it. Whatever it has needs to be white (and preferably coaster) as I just think they suit them better. It's gonna be a rider so don't mind plastic hub Skyways as Peregrines/OGKs seem to be like rocking horse crap in the rarity dept  :crazy2:

OGK's come up bro...An RL 20 needs OGK/Peregrine Masters imo to look right....The Masters are usually more expensive but they are the same wheel. Neither are REALLY rare, more Peregrines come up on bmxmuseum.com than here although I did score a pair of white OGK's on here a few yrs back 
here's a pic of my old RL  for inspiration.... :daumenhoch:

In answer to the thread I have about 10 builds planned in my head but none of them likely to see fruition..... :-\

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:54 AM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 08:57 AM »
84 Master that needs tweaking/redoing and an RL20 that I have all the bits for apart from wheels and not sure what to put on it. Whatever it has needs to be white (and preferably coaster) as I just think they suit them better. It's gonna be a rider so don't mind plastic hub Skyways as Peregrines/OGKs seem to be like rocking horse crap in the rarity dept  :crazy2:

OGK's come up bro...An RL 20 needs OGK/Peregrine Masters imo to look right....The Masters are usually more expensive but they are the same wheel. Neither are REALLY rare, more Peregrines come up on bmxmuseum.com than here although I did score a pair of white OGK's on here a few yrs back 

In answer to the thread I have about 10 builds planned in my head but none of them likely to see fruition..... :-\

I love that Redline mate ... They always seem so criminally underated by old schoolers ... C'mon what's more old school than RL Osborn !
 "wantit" :4_17_5:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 09:23 AM »
None for me, in order to build within a reasonable budget one has to leave my possession and that's a tough choice right now

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 11:32 AM »
None for me, in order to build within a reasonable budget one has to leave my possession and that's a tough choice right now

I know that feeling ... It was easy to part out the Aero Reflex but the one in one out policy now has me settling to keep what I have as I love 'em all too much  :daumenhoch:

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 12:28 PM »

That's a lovely looking bike mate and I agree they look better on OGK/Peregrines. They come up for sale on the museum but the guys never want to ship to the UK for some reason. I was gonna do it like the first advert for it when it had skyways and MX 1000s on but I think I'm gonna do it how I would have built one back then. I remember seeing a complete in Super Cycle Discount in Nottingham when I went to fetch my Firebird Freestyler frame and I loved it then but I think it was over £200 and we couldn't afford it unfortunately

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Got a few ongoing, can't concentrate on one at a time  ::)

As always I'm in no rush to finish any of them, but I have these cooking at the mo....

'94 Holmes
'93 Dirtbike
'84 Curtis Expert
'76 LRV/Matthews
'90 TNT Pro
'95 Standard Lengthy
'00 Dirt Master Misfit
'96 KHE Catweasle

One of these might be ready for MK  :-X :-X

& I thought I had a problem! ;D Thanks for sharing - I'm now feeling much better about life and may even buy another frame to celebrate! :daumenhoch:

Might as well Mick, you only live once  ;)

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2016, 06:38 PM »
This is what I'll be tackling over the Swedish winter... candy red, chrome and black

Built the first wheel up for it a couple of days ago. Chrome Araya 7x to chrome Suzue hubs

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2016, 12:23 PM »
After doing a google search for Redline I found this old thread from here when I used to be a member 9 years ago!!
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,50807.0/nowap.html?PHPSESSID=1k1evam8qt0stnri36ipg00ml7
I was telling the story of the RL20 back then but at least now I've got one (I think I bought it not long after this post but have never built it)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2016, 12:54 PM »
This is what I'll be tackling over the Swedish winter... candy red, chrome and black

Built the first wheel up for it a couple of days ago. Chrome Araya 7x to chrome Suzue hubs

That's going to be amazing ... Love candy red ... Are those OG pink Action Zones .. I hope you're not going to take those decals off and strip that paint!?  :D
Looks good bud  "wantit"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What builds are you all planning or doing right now?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx