gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975559 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 03:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am currently working on (shorts)  (Read 45001 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: I am currently working on (shorts)
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2022, 10:59 PM »
Just finished fitting a FSA Pig to the Hellcat, then discovered that I have no spacers left to finish the job off properly.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2022, 11:47 PM »
Yeah I'm always short of annoying bits like that.

Thankfully I bought a few red ones recently so I may get away with it lol.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2022, 02:12 PM »
This will do the trick  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2022, 02:13 PM »
I very nearly bought these though, quarter dollar style 10mm spacers.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2022, 02:52 PM »
ooo ! where where?

Do want !

NVM, found em ! pricey, so I will have to wait til next week. Gonna get them though.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 02:59 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2022, 03:17 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I thought you would like them. Cool for a US build hey  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2022, 03:38 PM »
Indeedy yeah. Sad you have to buy three though ffs  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2022, 06:26 PM »
A few hours ago I dragged out a build I finished 4 years ago, my Total Hangover 2. I pulled the bars back so they are more or less inline with the forks. Adjusted the back wheel position so the chain was a little slacker. Then I hooked up and adjusted the brake for the first time. Then dusted it all down and made a cuppa.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Yeah that is how you want bars, unless you are good at nose wheelies. Then having them a little more forward helps.

I've spent all day hunting for a bolt. I found a drill in cable stop, but not the M4 countersunk bolt they come with. And it's needle in a haystack shit. I did find some countersunk bolts that are slightly longer but not too long. Need to vernier them to see what size they are.

What I did find was some awesome brake pads. All new. So I have a choice of Kool Stop Eagle II, Clark's red and black (high end ones) or Ghost pads. I will probably rock the ghost pads tbh. They are really bloody easy to set up and stop well.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2022, 07:34 PM »
I hate it when the hardware has gone missing when you pull a part out. You'll find it later on when you have done a workaround. It's nice to find a little stash and have a choice without spending a penny  :daumenhoch:
Nose wheelie no, face plant, very likely  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2022, 08:11 PM »
Sano detangler, gyro plate, gyro tabs, upper and lower cables and a shorter spacer installed. Adjusted up and dialed in pretty good. I thought I?d be happy with that but I've seen another saddle and grips I want to put on, then it's finished, until I see some better cranks and wheels to add.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2022, 08:25 PM »
That's how it goes lol.

Might put the chrome 24mm cranks on the S&M. At least I have some and don't have to spend any more:D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2022, 08:44 PM »
That's my problem, I would have to buy. I've found Demolition Revolt cranks at half price. I'm skint so can just drool and watch them go to full price before payday  :crybaby:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2022, 09:42 PM »
This is the seat I'm liking  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2022, 12:27 PM »
Yup nearly bought that one myself.

What's all this new gear for? Your hangover?

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2022, 02:26 PM »
Yup, the Hangover is getting a little make over. I was going to sell it but then changed my mind, so I wanted to change and add a few bits.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2022, 01:55 PM »
Well after sending the seller of the decals three messages over a week and him deciding he doesn't want my money I decided to just get my own done. Found this image online, did make me laugh.

And then literally about 5 minutes later.

I guess my mate wasn't busy  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2022, 04:24 PM »
An awesome set of wheels arrived yesterday. I already had the tyres and rim tape, then earlier today the inner tubes arrived so I got busy. These are going on my Carraro cruiser and will look the biz. Not my first choice of tyre but I did not want to pay a ton for some cheap 24 inch comp III's from the states. I think these look pretty cool now they are mounted. Just a touch of soapy water and these babies popped right into place.
 fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2022, 04:15 PM »
Awesome Tobe. It's a shame Schwalbe put such knobbish writing all around them tbh. They'd be much better with that lettering toned down.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 04:37 PM »
Yup, that's what let's them down for me too. I think when they are on the bike they won't look so in your face  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2022, 04:52 PM »
They did the same to my Smart Sam I had on my ripper. Though admittedly they didn't have as much room on those  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2022, 10:15 PM »
Got the builders in. IE, fookin me.

First thing I did was a few days back. Make the flat CAT 6 wired.

I wonder if when I move out they realise all of those sockets were not there before  :LolLolLolLol:

Next job is cinema rig upgrade. Well, more of a "make it better". One thing that irked me was having the Linn Centrik centre on the floor. No matter how much I play with the settings it still sounds just like it is coming from the floor.

The biggest issue was the fact I wanted a 75" TV in a room that has exactly 1" clearance on the angled roof. So I can not put a centre speaker below the TV. My original idea was to buy a Revel unit, here.

OK so this is what it actually looks like.

Two mid drivers angled, a 7.8" wide square sub (with 6.5" of woofer surface area) and a positional tweeter. I was then going to modify/hack up the TV stand and put it in the front after emptying all of the drawers the other day.

But alas I could not bring myself to destroy a OFL cabinet. That cost a fortune new. So I decided to buy a replacement and hack that up instead. Problem was

1. Getting "rid" of the old one without even trying to take it down several flights of stairs (not happening even hercules would struggle with a 40kg cabinet)
2. My kitchen looks like this.

So I decided to get rid of the chairs that have never had an arse in them and replace.

Much better. I now have storage for PC crap.

And two tubs worth of electronics tools.

Next up was finding a cabinet. Frank Olsen.

Am going to cut the middle door for the speaker and fix it closed. And then..... After hours of heavy lugging  :LolLolLolLol:

New one comes Monday. Bedroom got the freebies upgrade too. Just need to wire in the sub.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2023, 02:54 PM »
Progress on the Hellcat has been slow. It is now looking more like a bike. American to mid bb adapters, bb, crank, sprocket, pedals and half link chain fitted over the last few days. Gyro set up, stem, bars, levers, brakes, post, clamp and seat have been on a while. The wheels have been on for a week or so. I am not sure about the grips I bought for this build (Primo Brian Wizmerski signature Wiz grips in white), so I'm still looking, probably going with black. On the home straight with this one though.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2023, 09:12 PM »
So, last week I remembered that I had an early 80's lugged Apollo stripped down and gathering dust in the garage. I dug it out and fell in love all over again. I have ordered a nice period saddle because I am putting her back together. The Tange forks had been sprayed but I knew the original paint was underneath. After work today I slowly started stripping off the spray job to reveal the ugly truth. I was hoping there was a little more of the original paint there though. I could not have lived with the mismatched spray job but this is one job I wish I had never started. What was I thinking
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2023, 06:30 PM »
A lot. A bloody lot.

My project is almost complete.

If you were wondering what it actually is? it's a PC. There are two boxes to it. One is filled with radiators, a pump, reservoir and fans and the other (the one I made from scratch) houses the hardware. They are connected by a coolant hose.

I literally have to do about 3 hours work when the resistors I am waiting for to arrive and then it's done. I have about 200 hours of machining time into it, as well as painting and etc.

I have also been working on the AV setup. I bought these on sale recently.

And they came with ?380 worth of free cables.

So I had to upgrade the stands I have on the inside of the front array to have spikes and standoffs for isolation.

Which I completed the last time I was there. In order to change out the speaker cables I had to take the whole rack apart and remove every amp above the one I wanted to access.

But am pretty much ready. The only other job left to do was sort out the horn tweeter in the centre array. When I bought it it was black and had far too many mounting holes in. So, I chopped it in as can be seen in the pic above. I then removed it, and filled all of the mounting holes but four.

Because the main centre speaker is an enclosed unit. So there is no pressure in the cabinet. I sanded that out today, and it needs painting white with some paint I have ordered before being rebuilt with the compression driver and remounted.

Bought a new kettle and toaster and set those up.

So yeah, just winter things. I did work on bikes in the cold last year, but I am getting too old for that now. Especially with arthritis. Screw that.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx