gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 12:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am currently working on (shorts)  (Read 45316 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: I am currently working on (shorts)
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2023, 06:34 PM »
Wow man, dope ! so the fork came.

S&M don't date stamp anything. Wondered if it really was NOS, then I discovered this was the packing  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2023, 07:49 PM »
My dual pull lever arrived today. If you don't know what I mean I mean this.

Problem is it was kinda huge. After looking at it I realised it was just a V brake lever someone had made parts for and ghettoed together. So, I decided to do a bit of that myself. Firstly for a lever I had this in the loft. It came with the 1999 I got for next to nothing, and was NOS.

What I didn't know was where the cable went into it. If it went in before the body? it would work. If it went in at the end (inside) it would not. Turns out it was before the body.

I then removed the stop and got rid of that nasty stuck flat head screwdriver bolt. I then removed the lever nut and bolt from the huge bitch and counter sunk the stop.

Much better. I may drill and tap some barrel adjusters at build time, but that will be very easy.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2023, 04:45 PM »
Evo 2.5 for the S&M.

For riding season is almost upon us. I can't fookin wait.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2023, 09:05 PM »
I just wrestled a cheap arse fat/thin Duro tyre combo onto a 50/50 pair of black tuffs. It took a little more effort than I was willing to put in but I wasn't having another pair of tyres get the better of me.
 :LolLolLolLol:
Sorted
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2023, 06:19 PM »
So I took the cranks off the Pork.

Got a Ti axle and bolts for them too. I almost put them up for sale, then realised the Fat Boy had issues. The fat skinny chain ring on it was holding the chain. Good for a crappy MTB, not good on a BMX. It was popping and etc. Bad basically. So my immediate thought was "Put them on that". But then I realised I don't have a BB cup set or a 22mm Euro BB. What I did have was a 19mm euro BB and the cups were already in it. No brainer, took the Profile down from the nail they were hanging on and.

The red Primos were then deffo going up for sale. But, then I realised the Dirt Bike NG would really like a better crank set, and it already has US cups and 19mm bearings. So, all I need to do is buy a 12 quid 22mm bb and on it can go.

So, to celebrate I picked the bogey off the rafters and removed those nasty Animal clown shoe tyres.

Foogin love it. It also makes the front wheel not trigger my OCD any more having the polished lip.

Another one sorted.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2023, 07:36 PM »
Just before dinner tonight I fitted a gorgeous Takagi bb, mongoose opc and Sugino 40t snowflake to my minigoose. I had to search the garage for the opc because I had a recent tidy up and forgot where I put it. I now have the same issue with the original brakes that came with the frame set, I'll hunt for them tomorrow evening or over the weekend, wish me luck because I have already had one attempt during my recent tidy up.

The goose is looking how I want it, a decent rider  fistblump
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:49 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2023, 12:43 AM »
Just before dinner tonight I fitted a gorgeous Takagi bb, mongoose opc and Sugino 40t snowflake to my minigoose. I had to search the garage for the opc because I had a recent tidy up and forgot where I put it. I now have the same issue with the original brakes that came with the frame set, I'll hunt for them tomorrow evening or over the weekend, wish me luck because I have already had one attempt during my recent tidy up.

The goose is looking how I want it, a decent rider  fistblump

ok, you spiked my interest Toby: "goose", "snowflake", "mongoose opc". Have I missed something. I went off looking for a thread, but not seeing anything my friend, even read through all three pages of this thread. Come on my friend, share more  :popcorn:, lol.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2023, 11:21 PM »
Hello Pete, so just under two years ago I snagged a tidy late 1984 minigoose frame set with short reach Lee chi brakes and mongoose headset. It was located in France, I scored the mongoose crank from the same seller a week later. It's been half built up and stripped down a few times to make room for other builds. I thought it was time I showed it some love. This will be the wife's ride if she wants it. The current spec and progress is >

OG Mongoose headset
Nos 2 piece chrome bars from bankrupt bike parts
Used Chang Star levers
Nos Landar cobra grips
Used Nitto mx5 stem
Used San Marco saddle
New Nitto seat post
Used SR seat clamp
Nos Mitsuboshi comp III's
Nos Panaracer tubes
Used Ukai 20x 1 3/8 rims
Nos Asahi spokes
Used Suzue hubs
Nos Takagi bb
Used Mongoose crank
Nos Sugino 40t snowflake from bankrupt bike parts
Used SR SP468 pedals
I need to find the calipers, cables and blocks, freewheel and chain all hiding in the garage. I didn't get around to starting a build thread but it should be finished soon and shared on here.

Thanks for your curiosity  fistblump

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:23 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2023, 11:37 PM »
That's all well and good saying that BUT... we ... need ... photos!!!! ;) :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2023, 11:54 PM »
That's all well and good saying that BUT... we ... need ... photos!!!! ;) :daumenhoch:

As soon as she's finished I will get some up Mick  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2023, 12:05 AM »
Or are you after a sneak preview Mick ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2023, 12:57 AM »

... or it didn't happen  :LolLolLolLol:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2023, 01:56 AM »
Or are you after a sneak preview Mick ?  :LolLolLolLol:

That would be nice! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Little goose update  :LolLolLolLol:

Excuse the grubby floor, I need to mop it when the bike has been moved back into the cave.
So, I've found the short reach calipers at last  explosion
I needed yet another tidy up to accommodate some parts, I found the calipers amongst my mid and new school boxes, why they were there I do not know. Anyway, they are now on the goose so I'm ready for the final push on the build.

Whilst I was at it I fitted some red Panaracers to a gorgeous blue wheel set (more about those on an upcoming build thread) just to save a little more space until the bike is ready for them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 03:42 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2023, 03:47 PM »
hah ! I spy some blue wheels  :LolLolLolLol:

I was right though, those tyres do look brilliant on them  :LolLolLolLol:

Love the wee goose. Always liked those minis, though I wouldn't try and ride one with my fat ass  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2023, 03:56 PM »
Yeah man, they just work on the blue rims, thanks man. Those tyres pop into place so easily it literally took 5 minutes  fistblump

I'm too big for the goose too, so it's the wife's first bmx.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2023, 04:33 PM »
I wasn't so lucky. Mine were a bitch to get on those fat ass rims. Still, on they went. The tubes I bought were also not 1.75 either. I bought them as that, but they are clearly labelled 2.25. So they were also a bitch.

Still, I will take it.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2023, 04:54 PM »
BTW tobe I can confirm the laminated ones will stick. I did a KHE spanner decal earlier, and had to laminate it because cables will run across it. The adhesive on the brushed stuff is very strong, and it held with no problems.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2023, 07:55 PM »
That's good to know man. The laminated will go on the forks then  fistblump

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2023, 09:10 PM »
That's good to know man. The laminated will go on the forks then  fistblump

Yeah good call. They are beyond strong, so if you catch the fork on something moving it around or riding it they will hold up to anything.

You decided on bars yet?

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2023, 09:20 PM »
Shit I missed due to busy-ness.

So I bought this absolutely pristine Profile Acoustic stem in green (beyond rare) from around 2007. I did this so I could rob the Demolition stem for the Four.

And fitted it. Along with some very odd coloured S&M pedals.

They're like apple green or something. Was a bit pissed at first, but they are growing on me now. The stem on the other hand?

explosion

Matches the Proper brake perfectly.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2023, 09:34 PM »
Bars, I was thinking of buying some rotten painted bars and rawing them. The forks are chrome though, scuffed and marked but solid, so I was thinking about using the bars that came on the Sjappi I bought. I thought I?d moved them on but I found them during my tidy up. They are chrome and a decent size. Probably a bit early for the bike but I have them ready to go.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:45 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2023, 09:37 PM »
Yeah I like that idea. Chrome goes really well with rusty raw tbh. Kinda like the opposites. Plus who doesn't love a chrome front end?

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44 PM »
Yeah I like that idea. Chrome goes really well with rusty raw tbh. Kinda like the opposites. Plus who doesn't love a chrome front end?

Exactly, I think it will work out ok. I never got a 100 percent nailed ID on the forks pictured. Nick B thought they could be Bully, who knows.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2023, 10:24 PM »
Nah I think the fork is Eastern. I say that because these are the only Bully forks that look like it. Mine.

They are from a Bully Prowler from 99.

That said they don't look like my Eastern forks either.... I will do some more digging in a mo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I am currently working on (shorts)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx