gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My 2022 "with BMX" holiday.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My 2022 "with BMX" holiday.  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
My 2022 "with BMX" holiday.
« on: February 16, 2023, 04:01 PM »
I am 99% sure I never got around to posting pics of this. Mostly because from the moment I got back I was stupid busy, and all winter I have pretty much been the same. My uncle was diagnosed with terminal cancer late last year, so that took priority. Sadly he died a couple of weeks ago so yeah, head has been all over the place.

Any way, as I mentioned before I went  I was off on holiday and I made sure to put some new parts on my Kizz before I went.

I rented a huge great apartment at a hotel sort of thing. I used to go to a place about 15 miles away, but their prices are utterly ridiculous now for a caravan that stinks like dogs. This place was out of this world. Walk in shower, huge beds, TVs in every room and a full sized kitchen.

It's in Mudeford down near Christchurch etc. Absolutely beautiful place, my favourite on earth tbh. And I been a lot of places too. Get dressed in your mid school attire  :LolLolLolLol:

I had lost nearly 4 stone there. Have lost a total of 5 now ! Off we ride.

Stop for a pose.

Wicked.

And ride. A lot.

By this time the weather was playing peekaboo. It wasn't cold, but the threat of rain was about.

Which kinda sucked, because I wanted to get the ferry over to the wee island and ride around that.

You can see what I mean there. One minute sunny, next minute dark. So I scrapped that idea, because once you get over there you're screwed  :LolLolLolLol:

So I rode around the harbour for a bit.

And then headed back the other way. The sun then broke out, so I rode a couple miles down the path.

It then started to piss down, so I went back.

Day three (I could barely walk on day two  :LolLolLolLol: ) and my pal picked me up and we went for lunch.

A real treat. There isn't one down my end, so the last time I had it was in 2007 when I was still in the USA.

Mmm, taco bowel. Christchurch.

We then headed back, where I took a humongous dump. What they say is totally true  :LolLolLolLol:

The next day the weather was even better. So, again I met up with a couple of mates and we did some sight seeing.

IOW over to the left there.

Another killer day. Took the next one to do more riding and etc. Then on the last day it got really cold. So we went out for a Thai and beer etc.

All in all the best holiday I have had since I was a kid.

Offline monkian

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: My 2022 "with BMX" holiday.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 04:45 PM »
Great stuff  8) :daumenhoch:
Reminded me of taking my BMX on the train to see Backyard Jam at the BIC 2003/04
Nate Wessel just riding for fun, going for crazy transitions really stuck in my mind.
Happy days  :)
WANTED: Japanese OS / Anything Tange / Tioga / Parts!!

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 05:01 PM »
Nice one fella,glad you had a good time....and a bit of me time is good for the soul  :daumenhoch: looks a nice place that,not somewhere I've been myself but the type of place that I would deffo consider visiting  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 05:25 PM »
Nice one fella,glad you had a good time....and a bit of me time is good for the soul  :daumenhoch: looks a nice place that,not somewhere I've been myself but the type of place that I would deffo consider visiting  :daumenhoch:

It's beautiful there dude. The whole area is tbh, being in Hampshire and Dorset.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/sandhills-guesthouse.en-gb.html

Was where I stayed. The photo of the inside just doesn't do it justice. It was absolutely beautiful in there. IIRC it cost me about ?100 per night. It's about 30 ft from the beach, if that. I was paying more than that for a sodding caravan in the middle of nowhere. As I was leaving on the Friday the lady who runs the place (Naomi) said if I booked my next one within a week I would get 15% off. So, my brain being how it is I asked her to phone me. Took her about 10 days, but sure enough I booked this year's already and paid the deposit. Even better I did not realise the only one at ground level was much cheaper too, so I booked an extra day.

Life is a funny thing tbh. Like I was born and raised in SW London (Streatham, Brixton etc) but I went there every year on holiday. I then meet this guy about 5 years ago, we become friends through gaming, next thing you know we're all mates and when I go down we go out on the piss etc. I always felt like I belonged there.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 03:36 AM »
Hey geezer, thanks for sharing all of that, and sorry to hear about your uncle.

Definitely a lovely part of the world but then I'm biased, being from sunny Swanage, just a bit further along the coast. In fact, I'll be there next weekend for the first time in 7 and a half years! Hopefully it doesn't rain every day!! ;D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 04:52 PM »
Hey geezer, thanks for sharing all of that, and sorry to hear about your uncle.

Definitely a lovely part of the world but then I'm biased, being from sunny Swanage, just a bit further along the coast. In fact, I'll be there next weekend for the first time in 7 and a half years! Hopefully it doesn't rain every day!! ;D

Well I have done nearly every seaside town in the UK. Clacton, Kent, Margate, etc including where I live (Bognor). But nothing compares to Hampshire and Dorset. That said I am probably being biased because the places I go to are extremely quiet and that is what I like. I go out of season too, to avoid every one  :LolLolLolLol:

I've been to Swanage a few times. When I was living in Corfe Mullen just out of Wimborne my brother used to take his tourer there.

I think the only place I have ever been that competes in sheer beauty is Maryland. Like, USA not the cookies  :LolLolLolLol: it's stunning there. Bit too hot though, and lots of annoying snakes when you are trying to fish ffs.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My 2022 "with BMX" holiday.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx