gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975560 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 01:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  She's Arrived At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: She's Arrived At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7657 times)

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
Re: She's Arrived At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Do you think I was??

Have been for a thrash and she seems a little twitchy, any tips on steadying her up a bit!!??

Jazzchimp

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 02:00 PM »
the paint's the best bit!

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 02:07 PM »

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Deffo not robbed i would love it, they are the coolest SE frames in my mind, grossly underated, got to be one of the greatest midschool frame n forks ever, but they do feel weird after ridin old school, checkout the head tube angle, yours is set up almost identicle to mine, my bars are slightly further back but not much, make sure back wheel is as tight to the frame as poss to shorten back end and make front lighter. i find it very very stable in the air but i cant get as much height as i can on my sport so ive stuck it on the back burner at mo. Gary PK6175 or whatever on this site has an xl ripper same year and exactly same geometary (as they came off the same jig) he uses slightly lower and narrower bars than me ( i use SE Crow bars ) and he has an inverted stem, his bike does tend to pull up better.  its just a different beast to old bikes, a completely different feel, will take some gettin used to, i raced mine at MK and it rode amazinly, Top race bike but dirt jumpin is an effort, but it does feel as tho it would be cool on vert but never really tried it on ramps just arials on berms and the like.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 02:47 PM »
I love it too mate, thanks for the tips, I suppose I need some practice on it first to suss her out. I have a Ripper Pro XL but have noy got them near each other as yet, will get the tape out when I get home :LolLolLolLol:

The hubs have been a bit of a pain cause they are allen keys and have rounded off :tickedoff: so am tryin to get some with same thread with a bigger head and should be ok, can't ride it till have sorted that :'(

Lee

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 02:51 PM »
is it the same year ripper late v/late eighties v/early nineties? if so the seat tube angle is different to the ripper XL but that shouldnt effect the overall ride.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 04:52 PM »
My other one is the NOS 87 Ripper Pro XL that did belong to Bodamus, see linko

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=4579.15

Will still have a measure though :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Liking that lots Lee . . . nice to see something different . . . awesome paint job  :coolsmiley:

Steve

revcore

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 01:12 AM »
What are those brakes? It's rare to find brakes like those where the cable runs on the left.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 02:34 PM »
What are those brakes? It's rare to find brakes like those where the cable runs on the left.

Dia Comp Big Dog I think :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  She's Arrived At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx