gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975540 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 02:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PRO CLASS - Smoke/Black Chrome
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PRO CLASS - Smoke/Black Chrome  (Read 12615 times)

69ner

Re: PRO CLASS - Smoke/Black Chrome
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 07:32 PM »
i am liking this thread i have nothing relivant to  add however when you have the reciepy i will use it thanking you and my spelling is not bad its all typing mastakes

matt

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10 PM »
i must say stidds pro class is the best atempt at black chrome ive seen,i thought about doing mine in a similar way, but the factory riders always had normal chrome so thats what i  went for

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Stidds Pro Class is awesome... I spent most of the weekend sat next to it with my eyes wandering over it. I had Sawzalls Dreamy Pro Class the other side too..... heaven  :smitten:
  Thats a Beauty too Mat...  :coolsmiley:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Hhhhmmm...in this lovely catalogue ad that was provided by Duncan...it says that the Black Chrome Pro Class was electroplated?  Here is the catalogue page and a link to, "Electroplating".

http://www.finishing.com/faqs/howworks.html

I already said this a while ago...the Pro Class was proper electroplated Black Chrome... not painted or laquered... No one believed me ;D  ::) 
  I take it you had no Joy with the wheel refurbishers then  :(    Isn't there a guy on here that does chrome finishes?  Chrome UK or something... ?
 Maybe he does Black Chrome  ???

It says on the advert High Polished Show chrome, so was this just normal chrome then, not smoked??????

Got a pic of it in normal chrome

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Yes m8... frame and fork sets were produced in Show Chrome and Black Chrome  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Thanks m8, i think i would go for the show chrome but never seen the black chrome in the flesh :-\ :-\

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Once bitten m8....  ;)

forever in search of a black chromer  :D

digitaltransfer

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 12:15 PM »
I am also on the look out for some blk smoke chrome for a DB T Lite I am restoring, I have seen the ghost chrome and to be honest it is too light in colour, I have everything apart from the frame & Forks sorted sorted and I am desperate to get it back tot he original colour and glory !

Any help would be grately appreciated !!

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Turbos and Turbo lites are a deep gunmetal blue/purple colour.
 I am looking into it  :daumenhoch:

gjs

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 04:51 PM »
What about mixing black ink into a 2k laquer,or just try spraying the black ink onto a test piece of chrome ;)

digitaltransfer

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 08:23 AM »
OK like many others I bought a DB HL Turbo & TLite with the View to doing them up but asking around no one seems to know a company that can do !! there is lots of talk about Electro plating etc.. and types of paint and smoke chrome lacour etc...

pros and cons to most of them lacour peels off quite easy, Paint never gonna get the right effect

However......

How ever I think I have found a solution

http://www.fhlambert.com/services/nickel_black.htm

the Black Nickel is an Electrolytic colouring process which gives it a BLuish Black Chrome finish I am gonna speak to this lot first thing on Monday to see how I get on this bunch do all sorts so I think they would have no probs doing a F&F

I have a meeting in Watford on Wednesday so I will take the F&F to them see what they got to say !!

I will post a review once I have spoken to them, if they are any good I will let you know

Ta for now   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 01:27 PM »
WoW . . . that looks fantastic and I'll be very interested to know how much they'll charge to do this  :daumenhoch:

Steve

digitaltransfer

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Steve I also put a post on

http://www.fhlambert.com/mi/gallery.htm

Look at the band camp trumpet looks de nuts  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Yeah, I saw that trumpet earlier. That black finish would look so cool on my Pro Class  :D

Steve

dj_benice

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Am thinking it may even suit a GT pro ???

digitaltransfer

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 07:02 PM »
if it is or can be done as good as it looks then chap the choice is endless I am thinks GT pro, Haro, PK Stripper !!!

lets hope they will be on our side if it is then we have found the holly G well here is hoping

KR let you know 2morrow

:)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 09:54 PM »
if it is or can be done as good as it looks then chap the choice is endless I am thinks GT pro, Haro, PK Stripper !!!

lets hope they will be on our side if it is then we have found the holly G well here is hoping

KR let you know 2morrow

:)

Russ ? ,

I'm interested in this also for my Vector blk chrome  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 10:40 PM »
You`d better find out the cost first  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

digitaltransfer

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Just spoken to them got an appointment to meet MR Lambert the MD on Wednesday taking the bits down there so will let you know exact costs etc... once I have spoken to him

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 03:03 PM »
This sounds the ideal colour for Leary Turbos too :)   Nice find m8...  :daumenhoch:
I looked into Gunmetal finishes... they only work on carbon steel though  :( 

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Just spoken to them got an appointment to meet MR Lambert the MD on Wednesday taking the bits down there so will let you know exact costs etc... once I have spoken to him

I'm all excited now and keeping my fingers crossed that it's an affordable process . . . nice one :daumenhoch:

Steve

Frosty

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Can you also find out how they would want to take delivery of parts? ie stripped of paint, powder or chrome??

If price is good then I expect they will get quite a bit of work!!

digitaltransfer

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2006, 10:22 PM »
NP I will let you know on Wednesday evening after the meeting with them fingers crossed and all that, I do not think they would have a problem with delivery but I will ask the questions !

:LolLolLolLol:

Jazzchimp

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59 PM »
leary's have a blue'ish tint but keep me up to speed - posted this the other day

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=23866.0

digitaltransfer

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2006, 06:01 PM »
OK Chaps the answer you have all been waiting for I went to there offices today more like a Bank Security Centre the work areas were absolutely Mint I saw them in action doing the Instruments looks metal the colour was amazing.

The MD was very nice and polite and gave me the best advise, the good news is it can be done  :daumenhoch: the bads new not by this firm the reason being is there tanks are not large enough to hold a frame of 36" +  :'(

However they have put me in touch with the UK Institute of Metal Finishers of which I have now spoken to them and advised them of our problem, he has assured me there are people who can do this work for us in the UK and is going to get me the relevant details  :4_17_5:

I explained that there are very keen enthusiasts who are after this solution for both new bikes and old bike restorations he has promised to get back to me tomorrow after lunch so watch this space !!!!

Once again the solution is out there and nearly in our grasp, I will update you all tomorrow  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PRO CLASS - Smoke/Black Chrome

gfxgfx
gfx gfx