gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 12:07 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  o f f e r s = Look on eBay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: o f f e r s = Look on eBay  (Read 1581 times)

Trev

o f f e r s = Look on eBay
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:36 AM »
i think the word o f f e r s is too common a word to be replaced by "look on ebay".  it messes up too many posts and will confuse people who don't know that background behind it.  Even those who know (like me), it sometimes takes a while to realise what has actually been posted.  can i recommend that this filter be removed...  cheers guys.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: o f f e r s = Look on eBay
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:56 AM »
Ill go with that, its a pain, joke over :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:37 AM »
i'm a member of the 'i hate òffers' brigade, if it was up to me i'd ban people from asking for òffers full stop because of the aggro it causes.

A couple of years back i asked a good mate to make me an òffer on a frame and it caused a bit of friction because i didn't want to let it go for what he òffered. I knew how much i would let it go for, as do all the people that are asking for òffers, and what i should have done is just told this mate what i wanted and left it up to him to try and knock me down. it would have saved a lot of hassle. I never did it again.

People know what they are looking for and should be asking the price they have in mind instead of fishing about hoping that some mug is going to put in a mega òffer and pay off their mortgage. If that's what they want go sell it on ebay, i'd rather give my stuff away to people that would appreciate it, which in my mind is what RADBMX is all about.

This is just my view and in no way accounts for the views of the rest of the RADBMX mateys.  :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:18 AM by Bob_Acid »

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Well said Bru about Bob's well said Bob, I'm confused now....on some parts though if it's something that doesn't come up that often or you don't know your onions as well as some it would be alright if there was a way of knowing what to ask for as not to shoot yourself in the foot or not look like a greedy bugger at the same time. Not going through the offers route (Bob, your right, some people would prey on a gullible buyer to offer over the odds), just put a post up asking what would be a fair price to ask. Ah, fook it, sling it on ebay....

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 07:17 PM »
I agree sometimes the offers bizness can cause unrest, but surely its still better for us to keep it in the family rather than making ebay richer??
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Ratty I am all over the place on this one  :uglystupid2:

I hate the blind auction scenario as it breeds agro and makes members feel animosity towards each other  :knuppel2:

but yes there is an element of sometimes you just dont know what something is worth , but maybe egay is the way on those things anyway, as its going to really tell you what it was worth

we have seen less òffers because of the look on ebay thing was done, suggestions are welcome if its not working as it was intended , as a joke to be fair  :daumenhoch:

Rich

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:03 AM by Bob_Acid »

Trev

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 12:16 AM »
hey, i'm not knocking the principle behind it, I am just saying that the word o f f e r s is too common a word to be replaced by look on ebay.  The word can and has been used is so many different contexts, that sometimes it is used is a general post and by replacing it, makes the post very confusing.

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:09 AM »
i prefer dibdobs myself

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:10 AM »
diddobs is funny

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:13 PM »
i agree with trev, joke over. It's a normal word. maybe a note on the for sale section to condemn the use of it? or if possible, a filter on the for sale that turns it into '£1,50 including postage' instead of 'look on e- bay' .
ding dong

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 04:23 AM »
LOL yeah that's a good idea :)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Nice, now it says "£10 including p&p" or something similar, made me laugh sending a pm to Zippy earlier as when I previewed it the word offer was changed so fooked up the sentence completely, I thought I was p1ssed again, but realised I hadn't been drinking tonight  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

MeddlE

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 11:04 AM »
o-f-f-e-r-s = £10 including p + p

What does it say now?

Haha, '£10 including p + p' as I write this. 

I hate the o-f-f-e-r-s thing, there's always someone to ask about the value of an item rather than hoping someone will pay a lot more than it's worth.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 11:06 AM by MeddlE »

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 11:06 AM »
offers
I want to touch ORB

MeddlE

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Too slow old man. ;)

login_user

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 04:51 AM »
i prefer dibdobs myself

Dib dobs doesn't work,someone always shafts you.It wouldn't be as bad if people selling the items worked down the list in order,although many of them do.  :rant:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 02:42 PM »
the fudamental problem with naming your price nowadays is that you see the same numpties demanding that the price is wrong. I think they just hang around the for sale section looking to start shit. The rad barnacles.
ding dong

Trev

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 11:46 PM »
the fudamental problem with naming your price nowadays is that you see the same numpties demanding that the price is wrong. I think they just hang around the for sale section looking to start shit. The rad barnacles.

wow, resurrection of a very old thread....  ;D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13 AM »
a few of us were talking about this on Saturday night........a sugestion came up that the for sale section should not allow replies......instead if you want something you simply PM the person selling the item.  also have NO offers as this is not ebay......if you want to hold people to ransom and have an auction then ebay is the place, not RAD! 

if you don't know what an item is worth then do a little investigating and find out......it's not too hard to do.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 04:01 PM »
a few of us were talking about this on Saturday night........a sugestion came up that the for sale section should not allow replies......instead if you want something you simply PM the person selling the item.  also have NO 0ff-ers as this is not ebay......if you want to hold people to ransom and have an auction then ebay is the place, not RAD! 

if you don't know what an item is worth then do a little investigating and find out......it's not too hard to do.

I agree on the 0ff-ers idea.

I don't agree on the 'no replies to for sale items' though. The reason for this is that if someone can reply to a for sale thread then everyone can see who got in first on a sale then. This should eliminate any errors.

If I sell anything on here, I always ask the people interested to post in the thread as then people can see who got in first. It just seems common courtesy to me.

Just my observations, i'll shut up now.

Beckyboo

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I must admit that I see people putting sarky remarks on threads concerning the asking price and hijacking peoples sales.

If something is misadvertised, suspected of being stolen etc then the rad community should help each other and add comments to warn others so replies work in that way but often its just a chance to have a dig :-\

aditup 2234

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Ok, here's my opion, and mine alone.
This may have already been said, but I cannot be bothered reading all the thread.
I have been out of the game for some time now.
I would like to think that I was a respected member, once upon a time, who contributed a lot to this site in the past.
I am in the process of selling all the bits that I possess, apart from one rider, my yellow GT, and the bike that got me into this whole thing in the first place. That is an exact replica of the bike I had when I was 13.
That aside, what I am trying to say is; I have absolutely NO IDEA what things are worth anymore. I do not want "my mortgage paying" or want a small fortune for the parts I have to sell, I merely want what they are worth, full stop. I do not want to be ridiculed or sworn at for putting things up for offer, simply want a reasonable price. I think that is fair.
Due to the "0ff3rs" thing on here, I will simply put them on ebay, something I don't want to do particularly.
Why not give people, in this case, me, some credit, for trying to keep, in some cases, parts which are becoming increasing difficult to find, within the community in which I once played a very big part.
I had, and still do have a lot of respect for the guys on here, especially the "old timers" who I once conversed with regularly. I would like them to get 1st bite at anything I have to sell.
Anyway, I will slip back into the hole I dug for myself some time ago, and shut the fook up.
Ad

Offline poolysheriff

• Team Moderator
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Ad you nutter  :LolLolLolLol:

You are right though  ;)

Some people don't know the value of stuff
And a lot of stuff is worth different amounts to different people  :-\

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 06:28 PM »
I put something up for sale yesterday & for the first time asked for offers & I didn't have any problems.

I keep everyone concerned informed of what the best offer I had had & also put the best offer in the thread so everyone knew.

I only did this as I really did not know how much the thing I was selling was worth & I never normally do this.

I think people get annoyed when they put an offer on something, then next thing they know, they get told its sold  ::)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 06:56 PM »
I put something up for sale yesterday & for the first time asked for 0ff-ers & I didn't have any problems.

I keep everyone concerned informed of what the best offer I had had & also put the best offer in the thread so everyone knew.

I only did this as I really did not know how much the thing I was selling was worth & I never normally do this.

I think people get annoyed when they put an offer on something, then next thing they know, they get told its sold  ::)

I have to agree with you Chris.

I saw your thread and noted that you kept everyone up-to-date with the offers as they rolled in. Sales like this are fine as at no point is anyone disadvantaged.

The sales where someone puts in an offer and the next thing they lnow, the item is sold, are lame. You're right about those being annoying.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  o f f e r s = Look on eBay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx