gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975554 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 01:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Loop tail Ripper serial numbers...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Loop tail Ripper serial numbers...  (Read 4362 times)

Bren Gunn

Re: Loop tail Ripper serial numbers...
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 06:15 PM »
anyway, Bren have you decided what colour/polished you are doing with your bargain yet?

Still not sure, it hurts my head when I think about it :D

Geordie

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 12:32 AM »
mines pk64584.

Online region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 12:22 PM »
May as well list mine too.  PK60758
Neil

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 04:05 PM »
mines PK 59589
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline Dash Riprock

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 04:56 PM »
I don't think there is a way to tell from the serial what year it is. I believe they just went up in number as the production went on.
I have a PK loop with serial PK25812 that came from a trusted source who got it from a friend who bought it new in 82.
I also have loops with PK48006, PK71853, and PK70813. 48006 makes it hard to believe the second digit is the year.

My apologies for dragging back an ancient post, and my first posting at that. First, hello from Prescott, Arizona USA. My name is Jeff, but I like my screen name. I came over here looking for my old looptail PK Ripper-Serial number: PK70813. This old post is the only thing that comes up anywhere. Unfortunately this member: Tony S. does not have contacts here and is listed as a guest. If anybody knows this member or how to get in contact with him, I'd really appreciate it. It would help me out tremendously in finding my old looptail PK. Thank you!!

PS: I was born in Ashtabula, Ohio of the fork, stems, cranks, and frame manufacturer.
Dash

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 05:15 PM »
Welcome mate the truth is there is no way of dating the rippers by the serial number the consensus of opinion is the 7 numbers are late on in production sort of 83 /84 but I have seen others with that range saying there bike is 81 the only thing you can say with certainty is it was made between 79 and 84 sorry it's not the exact Answer you were after it's probably the most asked question re se bikes

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 05:28 PM »
perhaps https://www.facebook.com/tony.sala.52 ........?

activities: "PGP Motorsports Park, Supercross BMX, Dan's Comp, Planet BMX / ColoredTuffs.com, SE Bikes etc"

welcome on here, good luck on your quest :)

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 01:13 PM »
It's probably the most frequently asked question in all of BMX  :)

It's a tough one no doubt about it and as a rule of thumb 79 = pre serial and then from late 79 onwards pk2.
Pk3 = 80 etc etc. the last of the serials would be pk7 so 84.

A great way is to also use the original decals ( if the frames still have them) to determine it's age, the 79 decals were different to the 80 and 80 different to 81. Slight changes to the seat mast decal and shadowing on the down tube decal.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Dash Riprock

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 05:45 PM »
perhaps https://www.facebook.com/tony.sala.52 ........?

activities: "PGP Motorsports Park, Supercross BMX, Dan's Comp, Planet BMX / ColoredTuffs.com, SE Bikes etc"

welcome on here, good luck on your quest :)

Thank you for that link. Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook. That's another story. But that profile looks promising: same name with BMX splashed around....I don't see a way to contact him without signing up for Facebook??
Dash

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 01:20 AM »
i've got the same problem as you have - hate to sign up to FB but see no other way to get contact i need to  make. Fake id maybe, or delete account right after you're done with it..? Dunno, sorry .. just do it  man ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:23 AM by fischflo »

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 11:09 AM »
It's probably the most frequently asked question in all of BMX  :)

It's a tough one no doubt about it and as a rule of thumb 79 = pre serial and then from late 79 onwards pk2.
Pk3 = 80 etc etc. the last of the serials would be pk7 so 84.

A great way is to also use the original decals ( if the frames still have them) to determine it's age, the 79 decals were different to the 80 and 80 different to 81. Slight changes to the seat mast decal and shadowing on the down tube decal.

Id go with the above comments from Kindfunky , This below from the museum is just about as accurate as anyone has ever got too really from what I've read & researched .

2xxxx = mid 1979
3xxxx = 1980
4xxxx = 1981
5xxxx = 1982
6xxxx = 1983
7xxxx = 1984

The thing is nobody really knows !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Loop tail Ripper serial numbers...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx