gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 10:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  thing of beauty (the s&m appreciation society)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: thing of beauty (the s&m appreciation society)  (Read 4836 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: thing of beauty (the s&m appreciation society)
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 04:30 PM »
looks great mate ,i made my chainring bashguard from 1/2 " thick clear nylon  and it lasted

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 04:34 PM »
That one was a plastic chopping board. A white one, and I tried to paint it black.

yoda

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Honestly Alex I have one arm left I think and I can gaurentee they're not fixable. The first set that I snapped was 360'ing over my mates Ferrari 308 GTB Dino from a 5' fly off to flat I came up perfect but I landed square and the cranks Just snapped clean (Dave Morten was holding the ramp) acceptable as i came down from about 8' but the second time I snapped a set going over a small gap over a wall to flat and they just went like butter......  :-[

yoda

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Hey Ive still got some footage of us riding that ramp from the session with all the scottish guys and the Standard crew Alex

Lazarou

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 05:18 PM »
PE hubs! I remember all your innovations now Alex! You should have been a millionaire! My Alberts were the later double pierced versions, i'll try to find them at the weekend.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 05:19 PM »
what you running alex a rgd gyro ,cant be can it.

YGT

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I can supply scans of the PA stickers if anyone needs them.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 06:06 PM »
young mr alex has my only set of pa but didnt no they had decals

SaMAlex

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Any PA sticker scans would be great, thanks. (Are they the ones that were ripped off Prince Albert tobacco?) That might mean I could return Harris's cranks in better condition I got them in ... I didnt think that would be posible!

Id really be interested in any Broken PA cranks (are there any other type? ha ha). I have a lot of S&Ms that are crying out for cranks! n.b. Non broken PA cranks would also be considered!

YGT

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I actually have a thrashed set of first gen PA's on my old flatland bike - the bolt got stuck in the spindle and No matter how hard I tried to bash the arm off the spindle it wouldnt come off.
So basically I have left these cranks on the bike as they work totally fine without the nutts holding on the arms ... Its one of those jobs where I plan to restore them at some point but never get arround to it.
I will try and scan the stickers later this week - and yes they are the original logo ones.

If I remeber correctly - I heard a rumor a long time ago that you (alex) named these cranks .... or they were named after you and your bod mod.
Could this be true?

SaMAlex

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 07:58 PM »
ha ha, that’s a funny rumor. I wasn’t involved in the naming of the cranks but I wish I was. I was at S&M when the first 20 sets came in. They looked great and Moeller was holding back as what to do with them. Timmy Ball needed cranks so he had the first set on his bike and took off for the day riding. Later that day we were looking at his bike and the cranks weren’t level. Non of the 20 cranks lined up and it turned out that the splines at each end of the spindles werent’ in line with each other. Timmy had been riding his bike all day and didn’t even notice. All the spindles, and crank arms went back (in case the arms were out too) and Timmy (and me) were gutted that we didn’t get any nice new first Gen Prince Alberts!

SaMAlex

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Hey Ive still got some footage of us riding that ramp from the session with all the scottish guys and the Standard crew Alex

Dave, that was a great session with the Standard and Scottish guys but its a diferent ramp. That pic was taken at Lea-on-sea.

what you running alex a rgd gyro ,cant be can it.

Ha ha, that is a very normal oddy gyro but it did have a knurled headset lock nut under the stem and a thin strip of black tape round it to keep the upper cable nipples in.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  thing of beauty (the s&m appreciation society)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx