gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975593 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 04, 2024, 12:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  For Sale section split - Priced / offers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: For Sale section split - Priced / offers  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: For Sale section split - Priced / offers
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 12:18 AM »
I think we should do what they did on v and stop people being able to reply in for sale so that deals are not done on the site.  That way the seller is the only one that gets the pm's or emails and it's up to him what he does about it and the rest of us don't have to keep being dragged into stuff we don't want to.

LXIX

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 12:57 AM »
sounds good

theRuler

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I think we should do what they did on v and stop people being able to reply in for sale so that deals are not done on the site.  That way the seller is the only one that gets the pm's or emails and it's up to him what he does about it and the rest of us don't have to keep being dragged into stuff we don't want to.

the vintage for sale section is wank

you cant even alter the thread, let alone bump. and no one can ask questions.

wank

dont do it!

if that happens i will post for sale items in the other sections

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 01:17 PM »
heres the way i see this....

radbmx isnt ebay....if you want to put somthing up for an 'open to offers' type sale, (which incidentally pisses me off) put your item on an auction site.

if you want to sell it at a fixed price that you are happy with then feel free to use our for sale section.
this offers bollox is to open to getting members 'blind bidding' against other members, that just sucks baby bell

if you want an auction section, im sure rich can sort that out, this site is your site, we need to know what would work and what wouldnt.

Dave
haro, how do you do

greentoad

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 11:08 PM »
Hi all

I can see the points from both sides, but what about if you want to shift an item ASAP, but are attached?

I had something very nice a while back (I rarely post in for sale), but wanted it to go to a good home and to a BMX collector, enthusiast (not on the bay).

As such, I said open to offers via PM. I got offers via PM and took one that was the least hassle for me, ideally pick-up.

This was in fact less in value than other offers, and also way less than the items worth.

The reason I did this was because I wanted rid asap and wanted a good home for this item. So in my instance offers was the best option so as not to scare anyone off (by asking the full value and have it around longer and also so that I didn't have to have to get the post Back To The Top).

I have never really been interested about the maximum money for any item, but more in giving another member a chance to own an item I don't want, as long as it will be looked after for the future of the 70's - 80's BMX History.

J.

heres the way i see this....

radbmx isnt ebay....if you want to put somthing up for an 'open to offers' type sale, (which incidentally pisses me off) put your item on an auction site.

if you want to sell it at a fixed price that you are happy with then feel free to use our for sale section.
this offers bollox is to open to getting members 'blind bidding' against other members, that just sucks baby bell

if you want an auction section, im sure rich can sort that out, this site is your site, we need to know what would work and what wouldnt.

Dave

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Funnily enough, Ebay offers a nice auction site for 'offers' and everyone gets a fair crack at an item.

I think we should do our research and set a price before we list it in the for sale section here. Rad is all about community and good will, not blind bidding against each other.

If you set the price too high, people will tell ya so and make an offer anyhow.

:)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:09 PM by Stodgy »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  For Sale section split - Priced / offers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx