gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 02:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Muppet on eBay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another Muppet on eBay  (Read 1477 times)

Trev

Another Muppet on eBay
« on: February 19, 2007, 07:15 PM »

Last week on eBay there was a load of magazines for sale.  The title was "Ride BMX magazines - 50+ recent issues"

The starting bid was 99p.  I thought that's gotta be worth an opening bid.  He hadn't specified postage costs as he said he didn't know how much they were to post.  But at 99p, gotta be worth a go and thought I'd probably be outbid anyway.  The end of the auction and I'm the only bidder.  I mail him to see how much the postage is.  No response.  I wait a few days and mail him again. The following day i get a message saying "I am not sure what your buying 1Mag,or20,30 etc @ 99p each??"

He is expecting me to pay 99p per magazine.  Fook off! What if the bidding had gone up to about £30-£40 which would have been fairly reasonable for 50 mags.  Would he still be expecting £40 per mag?  I've mailed him back saying I've bid 99p for the whole lot.  No doubt he will now play silly buggers and leave me bad feedback.

I hate it when people get all funny because they don't get the price they're looking for.  That's why there's a reserve price option or a starting price option...  :tickedoff:  :knuppel2:

zed4130

Re: Another Muppet on eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:18 PM »
so what was the postage trev  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:27 PM »
so what was the postage trev  :daumenhoch:

he hasn't told me yet as he doesn't know how many of them i want. i've told him i've bid 99p for his collection not 99p for each mag. to be honest, i'm not really that interested in the recent mags. only bid on them cos they were cheap.

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:37 PM »
i think i saw that myself 'he sounds like a right twat  :tickedoff:  :2gunsfiring_v1:

LXIX

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:44 PM »
ok trev pay him 99 p for one mag then hit him with the negative he cant negative you all he can do is reply to your negative feedback on his account nothing will be shown on yours  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 07:47 PM »
that's something along the lines of what i was going to do. just pay for one if it comes down to it. but i'm sure if i leave him bad feedback, he can also do it back to me.

LXIX

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 07:49 PM »
no i dont think he can you have to pay him then open a dispute with ebay/paypal he looses that priveledge then  >:D

Trev

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:52 PM »
yes, you're right, but only if i open a dispute with him. to be honest i can't really be bothered with him. i'll wait and see what his response is to my last email then decide what to do from there.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:54 PM »
What is it with these cnuts on Ebay. I've been using it for nearly 4 years and never had a problem. I've now made 3 disputes in the last month.

I'm getting to the point where I may not buy anything unless I can collect it personally.

THESE PEOPLE REALLY PISS ME OFF.

Mark, by the way the pedals are at the PO they came today but was at work, so will go and collect them tomorrow.  :daumenhoch:

Hope you get it sorted Trev.

LXIX

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 07:57 PM »
glad to here that about the pedals Jim , rattys db frame and forks arrived safe today im happy with them owe him for the bars and stem,he has to let me know what he wants for them yet  :2funny: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Muppet on eBay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx