gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 10:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Vans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vans  (Read 665 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Vans
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:35 PM »
My old trainers have been looking a bit old for the last few years so I thought I would treat myself. I was down Portsmouth way today and went into the Vans outlet shop. They are doing a buy 1 get second half price so I ended up getting 2 pairs of original style lace ups, One pair are black suade and the others are white but have the original waffle sole. They are about the only ones they had in my size and the white ones only cost a fiver.

Now, I'm not too keen on white as they make me feet look huge so I was wondering if they could be dyed or painted with dye in the colours I want.

Has anyone ever tried this and not ended up with a nice shade of brown like some seats turn out ?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: Vans
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Never tried it mate but I imagine it would work, only trouble is would dye everything else too like the labels etc. which would probably look a bit naff!

I've got some red ones in a UK 9 if they're any good to you?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57 PM »
Cheers for the offer, My feet are too big, need Uk 10's.
I wondered if you could carefully paint the dye onto the bits needed.  I will have to go see whats available in the local craft shop.

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30 PM »
I dyed some years and it dyed the rubber and ruined them, made them look worse than what i started with....

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 05:49 PM »
You can get dye pens - get all artistic on them !!

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 06:21 PM »
The pens sound like they might work, I have used paint pens before but they would be a bit thick. I will have a Google and see what comes up. Cheers

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Vans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx