gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 10:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Need your help guys.......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need your help guys.......  (Read 925 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Need your help guys.......
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Right, I'm getting a new BMX as I'm gonna start riding again. I've got my old school project (Red & Chrome Street Beat) which I'm building but I need a new bike to ride as they're probably much stronger that the old bikes and I was never the smoothest rider as it was. Plus these days I weigh a little bit more than I did back then. I have a limited budget (big house, 2 kids, you know the score) but I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good buy as my knowledge of the modern BMX's is very limited. I saw a GT (Vertigo I think) in Halfrauds on offer at £125.99 from nearly £200 quid which I thought was a pretty good buy but I could be wrong.

I'll be using it mainly for street, parks and ramps and I don't really want to spend over £200 if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Daz.

P.S. My long term plan is to build a halfpipe in the garden.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:15 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Trev

Re: Need your help guys.......
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:24 PM »
daz - you have PM  ;)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 04:52 PM »
my 6pack havnt you seen it ,in the for sale section  :daumenhoch: its a blooming bargain  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Yip.  Nowt wrong with DKs   :daumenhoch:   Your £200 will be much better spent here than in any poxy high street....  :)

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 08:37 PM »
mine £150 posted  :daumenhoch: the only original part is the frame and the bars  :daumenhoch: its light aswell ,as its mainly got racing parts  :daumenhoch:  for more spec clicky >
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=34718.0

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:42 PM by zed4130 »

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:28 AM »

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=33259.msg349081#msg349081

::)

this is such a nice bike
better to spend your 300 quid on this rather than some rolling tank brand new from a shop. at least it'll be worth something to sell on again.

zeds bike looks good for the money too

the "GT vertigo" would ride ok. and it would kinda do the job. but ffs buy one second hand for 40 quid. not new.

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 09:31 AM »
mine is a bargain but ,sadly i needed the money for a bike on ebay ,and its gone now  :-\ i was out bid by £10 but i needed a defo answer on my bike ,and im not getting that ,just loads of questions  :buck2: its a giveaway £120 picked up with all the extra bits and brand new parts onit  :tickedoff: ive had enough ,its like bl##dy ebay  :rant:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 09:07 PM »
the "GT vertigo" would ride ok. and it would kinda do the job. but ffs buy one second hand for 40 quid. not new.

I'm only asking lads because I don't know, your opinions are appreciated so please don't think they're not.

My heads just a bit baked at the minute, I'm desperately trying to get a bike so I can start riding again and I just wanted some feed back on what was good and what wasn't these days. Ask me what was a good bike between 80-89 and I'll tell you but now, like anything, there's more choice. Some of the bikes I've never even heard of so please excuse my ignorance.

Sorry I didn't get back to you mate I've just been stupid busy! Nice to hear you've sold it though....

Thanks again fellas.

Daz.
 ::)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:21 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 09:15 PM »
if you have 200 buy a new dk.

six pack, cleveland , cincinatti.

or get a second hand bike, thats a better quality bike, but scratched.

if you get a new bike, with luck, it will be set up nicely though.
I want to touch ORB

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Need your help guys.......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx