gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975583 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 01, 2024, 06:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th  (Read 4313 times)

Webdawg

Re: STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 10:05 PM »
not a problem babe :daumenhoch: if you need help sunday with anything just lmk :)

Lets make this a good one for Stevie :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 10:09 PM »
Ace cameraman and YouTube film editor "bazooka" is hatching an idea over on Talk for something that could be shown to Stephen.  Anyone got access to a whiteboard and pens??  Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Anyone decided their coming Sunday??  You know you want to!!  Humps

PS::  Bump

Webdawg

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 01:47 PM »
ME ME ME, should be good

KGB Matt

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Sorry cant make it ...previous commitment.

Good luck to all and dont be tight.

Matt

SaMAlex

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Im coming.

I have got to get 3 bikes working in time. One bike is the one I will probably ride tried and tested mid school race bike. The second is my new OS ride that might not work first time so I'll just bring it to try it out. The third is a bike that Im lending to someone cos he only has a slick tyred NS ramp/street bike. I might get away with just lending him a front wheel with a knobby tyre but I want to get the other bike sorted anyway. Right, thats my sat night all sorted!

Rooonga

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I can't come as my finances don't allow it.

:(

Hope y'all have a great day, and raise lots for Stephen.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 08:01 AM »
See you there.  Humps

Webdawg

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 06:14 PM »
After giving myself a sense of humour bypass last night :-[ we did finally decide to make the trip to MK and it was well worth it.

Steve will be pleased as punch with the way the BMX Community have pulled it together for him.

Only downer was attendance, where were u all :tickedoff:

Think the event raised close to £2K tho :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I am gutted to have missed it but had to go and check out the track ready for next week, study for one of two exams I have coming up and generally aquire "brownie points" to spend next weekend at Notts track,
we are donating at least half of all money taken next Sunday to Stephens fund and the other to the club (well its only fair)
fingers crossed we get some people attending now

Well done to the MK Crew for doing this for Stephen, he's a top guy  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 08:00 PM »
It was a cracking day at MK with I believe the official figure of £1,625 being raised for the fund (some earlier figures were overstated by the toilet costs and general rushed counting) which is a tremendous kickstart for the Benefit Fund.  Personally I had in mind an attendance of 40-50 riders because of the short notice so 87 was quite amazing as I'm sure lots of people had made other arrangements when they thought they had a 'free weekend'.  Huge props to the MK Club, especially Moschops, who pulled this all together at such short notice.  The BMX family is just that, a family, and we look after our own.  Mrs G opined that Stephen has two little angels watching over him and those helping him.  Those little angels are Rob Indri and Winnie Wright who cleared the clouds from above MK to give us some fantastric weather after the misery we've suffered recently.  This will be the first fundraising event I'm sure and has set the benchmark.  Others will have longer to arrange things but this was nothing short of a miracle given the time available to make it happen.  People involved today should take a bow, you were great!!  Humps

PS:  S&M Alex's early race stack and recovery to try and run me off the fourth berm was magic!!  Wish I'd seen him coming I could have ducked out the way and let him launch off the top of the berm.  He's going to be one to watch in August!! 

PPS:  Where's the pics Webdawg??
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:24 PM by Humps00 »

spillers#1

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 09:57 PM »
SO WHO WON THE OLD FARTS FINAL THEN?GUTTED I COULDN'T BE THERE,WENT UP TO DAGGERS WITH TE HARVE AFTER WORK TODAY FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS CHATTING WITH THE LOCAL BATTY BOYZ ;D

bmx-796

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00 PM »
it was a great day
needed more oss riders

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 10:03 PM »
it was a great day
needed more oss riders
Was a shame only 5 of us made it....you really dont know what you missed :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

spillers#1

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 10:03 PM »
SO WHO WON THEN COME ON :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 10:05 PM »
Alex Leech "S an M Alex"
Tony Waye "Ratty"
Tony Riley "bmx 796"
Alan Humps "Humps"

spillers#1

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 10:08 PM »
NICE ONE TONE :daumenhoch: WOULD HAVE DEFINATLEY COME IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO FRIGGING WORK
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:35 PM by RATTY »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Its cool, we still have some great races coming up!!! Daggers, MK, Hayes, Hersden and Nottingham this Sunday Coming :daumenhoch:

Webdawg

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Alex Leech "S an M Alex"
Tony Waye "Ratty"
Tony Riley "bmx 796"
Alan Humps "Humps"

More sleep n i woulda raced, 2 hrs sleep is not the way forward :(

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I slipped the pedals about 4 times in the final. I stayed on but a few of them were very close. Ratty was right behind me and I get the feeling he didnt try too hard to get past me. If thats racing manners cos I slipped up, then thanks. Im sure you could have taken me if you'd wanted.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I slipped the pedals about 4 times in the final. I stayed on but a few of them were very close. Ratty was right behind me and I get the feeling he didnt try too hard to get past me. If thats racing manners cos I slipped up, then thanks. Im sure you could have taken me if you'd wanted.
Alex, you deserved the win, Im not quick enough to do it cleanly, and I STAYED BEHIND COS YOU GOT A CUTE ASS >:D :2funny:

dialledbikes

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Alex, you're a good racer!  A bit more track practice and you won't be out of place racing your Challenger in the the 30+ class at regionals.

Talking of slipping pedals, I've got 4 gashes in my left calf and some gouges in my right leg after slipping the pedals trying to jump the first double from Lane 1 (no much lip there) in moto 2.  Shows how vicious Crupi pedals are.  I reckon my calf muscle would've been in shreds if I wasn't wearing my Dainese knee/shin pads.  Back to platforms I think if I'm gonna be jumping more.

Webdawg

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 12:18 PM »
Alex, you're a good racer!  A bit more track practice and you won't be out of place racing your Challenger in the the 30+ class at regionals.

Talking of slipping pedals, I've got 4 gashes in my left calf and some gouges in my right leg after slipping the pedals trying to jump the first double from Lane 1 (no much lip there) in moto 2.  Shows how vicious Crupi pedals are.  I reckon my calf muscle would've been in shreds if I wasn't wearing my Dainese knee/shin pads.  Back to platforms I think if I'm gonna be jumping more.

we was saying yesterday ya can tell a bmxer a mile off by the state of their calf muscles,  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 12:47 PM »

we was saying yesterday ya can tell a bmxer a mile off by the state of their calf muscles,  :LolLolLolLol:

Thats me out then!! My years riding mini ramps havent done much to build my legs up. I have got a few scars on the shins. I'd wear shin guards but they'd keep slipping off!  :2funny:

Thanks Mike. Id like to give racing more of a go. Maybe when my boys are a bit older we can all get into it. Im always way impressed by the tiny kids at BMX races. Some of them were jumping some big doubles!

hooga1975

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 09:31 PM »
Well done you lot for going to MK and supporting Stephen.  I would love to have gone but I was DJing Saturday night and didnt stagger home untill about 8am Sunday :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  STEPHEN MURRAY RACE AT MK IS ON SUNDAY 8th

gfxgfx
gfx gfx