gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 04:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What's that paint someone used to make polished aluminium look anodised?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's that paint someone used to make polished aluminium look anodised?  (Read 602 times)

Rooonga

I remember reading that someone painted a stem to make it look anodised, but cant find the thread now.

I thought it was lazychubs, but I must have been wrong as I asked him.

Does anyone know what sorta paint was used?

I have a silver stem and want it to be gold, but cant take it all apart to have it anodised, so thought that the paint solution might work.

Does anyone know what it is, and wherre I can get it?

Cheers!

Paul

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Paul

It is glass paint that you are looking for mate.  You can get it in B&Q in spray on or brush on.

Dave (Rom Bloke) started a thread about his DX pedals that he used glass paint on.

Try this link........  http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=14195.0

Rooonga

Cheers Sean!

customparts

hello paul
what sort of stem is it?

paul @ c.c.a

Rooonga

It's a (copy) Torker stem, but I can't remove the steel shaft so that's why I guessed it can't be anodised.

If you know better please let me know.

Ta!

Paul

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I went through a spell of stripping things and found my ACS stem wasn't anodised. It was some sort of  paint.  Glass paint sounds good and I expect there is some sort of car stuff available as well.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What's that paint someone used to make polished aluminium look anodised?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx