gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 01:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Daggers Tonight, met an old pal, Old school legend Craig Schofield
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Daggers Tonight, met an old pal, Old school legend Craig Schofield  (Read 3697 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
At out Thursday night race tonight, i saw a truck pull in to the car park with some famous number plates, last seen in 1982!!! Well Mongoose and raleigh factory rider Craig Schofield got out, I havent seen Craig since Earls Court 1983. Was great to see you Craig.  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Trev

got any pics ratty? also does he still have the BMX 1T number plate?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
No pics trev, i forgot the bloody cam tonight. As for the plates, he sold them a few years ago but had first dib dobs if they got sold, and guess what :daumenhoch:

se bikes

Gotta say it was a pleasure to see Craig race tonight, the BMX talent is so still there, he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with thats for sure :daumenhoch:

On a personal note i read about craig as a wee chick and even wrote to Jim'll fix it to meet him n Ruffell so tonight was like a childhood dream come true :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Trev

does that mean you're ditching mark for todays dish of the day?

se bikes

already got my dish of the day Trev and he serves up real nice ;) :LolLolLolLol:

DR VINOAH

was indeed a pleasure to watch craig race
and a pleasure to have him back at daggers
the home of the OSSS

highrisedrifter

Great stuff. Is he a member here? If not, he needs to be.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
got any pics ratty? also does he still have the BMX 1T number plate?

The answer to that is buried in this thread off Talk started by Clive Gosling http://www.bmxtalk.co.uk/viewtopic.php't=11375
I don't think Craig nibbles on here - a technophobe I think, but recall his missus posting on his behalf a while ago.  If I'm wrong I apologise Craig.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Craig does have a rad account but only nibbles occasionally, and hardly ever posts.

dialledbikes

Damn, I wish I'd been there to see that.  Mongoose and Raleigh legend.  Same age as me I think (1968'er), but never raced against him BITD.  Maybe I will get chance to race him if he's making a comeback.

What bike is Craig racing these days?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Hi Mike, I think he was on a SE flyer last night!!
Never got a close look as he was too quick :angel:

dialledbikes

Sounds like he's still got the skills then.

Not surprising, he dominated back in the 80s and wasn't a world champ for nothing.

I hope I get chance to race him one day cos he really is one of the original stars of UK BMX.  I was pissed when him and Ruffell left Mongoose for Raleigh though, as Mongoose was the first team I supported in BMX (Schofield, Ruffell, Pete Middleton, Matt Oakley, Chris Young), before defecting to SE Racing.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I hope I get chance to race him one day

Schoffie's in the line-up for the Brits Old School races so your chance may yet come Mike, depending on moto-rotation of course.  Last time I saw Craig was at Braintree where he ripped up the first and second straights then flagged; oh how the mighty fall!!  Still, he's got a few weeks before Burnham to get himself fit and so have you Mike!!   ;) Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
I think Craig was talking about joining us at Daggers on a regular basis on Thursday nights, I did mention the OSS winter series, he gave me the look that says sod riding in the rain and snow... But i will work on him :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I don`t think yuo`ll get him on an O/S bike now, well not for a whole series anyway.

He rode cruiser for most of the 05 season but then gave it up after a bad crash at the Bournemouth track during the 25th aniversary celebrations, but he was quick  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

se bikes

His gates r MINT, stamina work needed but thats all, still smooth as fook, well done mate :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

even if craig puts in as many races as we managed to get chris to do
than i think we have had a result :daumenhoch:

just thought of somthing

imagine getting them 2 on the same gate
now that would be a UKBMX flashback of epic proportions

i can see it now

gate 1 ex mongoose/torker/haro/skyway factory rider chris young
gate 2 ex mongoose/raleigh factory rider craig schofield

i do believe with the OS class we have
is to get any people involved
whether you raced or not bitd
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:44 PM by VINOAH,S ARK »

se bikes

all we need is Ruffell :(, Flemdog et all n we'll have a proper O/S gate (not that it isn't already mate  :daumenhoch:) :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

I think it will be a long time before Flem does an OS.  No offence to the OS, but Flem is still a top rider in 19+ national series.

se bikes

I know mate, was a bit tongue in cheek ;)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Tell Schofiled he owes me a set of race pants, I lent him mine at Winnie Wrights memorial race and he crashed and ripped them  :Aresehole:
He was a pretty cool guy actually but still needed a nappy pin to hold the trousers together fat bast  :LolLolLolLol:
 :) DINGO :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
I will pass that on mark pmsl, he may make an appearance at MK, he knows the date and place, he didnt make any promises but you never know :daumenhoch:

xtremepervert

Tony Slater told me at Daggers regional that Craig is thinking of doing the nationals next year when he will move up into 40+  :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

kingkeef

I loved him in this

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Daggers Tonight, met an old pal, Old school legend Craig Schofield

gfxgfx
gfx gfx