gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 06:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OLD SCHOOL SUMMER RACE SERIES (websites added) (extra race added)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OLD SCHOOL SUMMER RACE SERIES (websites added) (extra race added)  (Read 7916 times)

Pro-tec

Re: OLD SCHOOL SUMMER RACE SERIES (websites added)
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2007, 10:47 PM »
You'll need robust helmet fella, the lady likes it rough.  :knuppel2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Oh trust me, she is gonna get it rough  :shocked: :shocked: >:D :2funny:, just wait till Heresden :daumenhoch: :2gunsfiring_v1:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 04:16 PM »
You guys have my utmost respect for taking those bikes and actually racing them.  I take mine on the track but a lot of the guys would just cringe at the thought of taking their bikes out of their carpeted location. 

Pro-tec

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Cheers for that dude. Some say it's a shame to mothball 'em and some say it's a shame to ride 'em and I can respect both perspectives. Me and the GHP go waaaaayy back. I ride mine because I've been it's proud owner since '84. However, its the only BMX I've got so I have no choice. I would love to have the discipline to build a museum piece and stick it on the wall never to be used. But if I'm honest no matter how many bikes I end up with, be it right or wrong, I know I will never resist the temptation to take 'em for a blast.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 07:42 PM »
Its a hard call sometimes, but they are bikes at the end of the day, not to be hung on a wall and seen once a year, they need to be ridden and shown to everyone, especially the youngsters, they need to know how it started :daumenhoch:

Pro-tec

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 05:59 PM »
Damn right! It's not as if we ruin them, we just use them. After all, a wrecked bike is no good for racing so we HAVE to look after 'em. They can handle it, it is what they were made for non?

nishiki14

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 11:07 PM »
BMX's were built to be ridden on the streets, raced on the tracks and hurtled in the air in the skate parks :daumenhoch:
Not wrapped up in bubble wrap with no chains on and hung on the bloody wall :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1:
You people know who you are :knuppel2:

Pro-tec

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 04:33 PM »
I reckon this debate deserves its own topic so the mothballers can find it and have their say. We could call it, 'Mud, good or bad? Discuss..' Like I said, I respect both perspectives but I would like to see what motivates people to build a dream OS bike only to photograph it then tuck it away never to be seen again. These guys are undoubtedly as passionate about BMX as OS racers are and it'd be nice to see what makes 'em tick.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 04:41 PM »
I must admit to having two that I will never ride in anger, purely on the basis of how much cash they cost to put together. Saying that I may race 1 of them on the last race at Milton Keynes :angel:

82SHANE

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I THINK IF ITS GOT WHEELS AND IT MOVES ,  RACE IT :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2007, 06:22 PM »
You know that!!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2007, 10:33 PM »
I have my old Robinson race bike and I have my bike to just look at. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Subject to Rattyfication but here's the positions as I saw them:

Don't foget it's best 6 rounds count so one more in the pot and then we start losing your worst scores.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Humps, fantastic job as usual, thanks! I wish we hadnt given Gary them points now, I wouls have gone in front of him :2funny:
Oh well better to do it the right way!!

Big thanks to Hersden, a fantastic day for everyone. Thanks to all the OSSS riders who contributed to the trophy fund, you guys rock :daumenhoch:

Hope webdawg and Gary are OK, you both took nasty falls, Gary get some body armour mate, you scared the shit out of me today.

Well done Sam, a nice result mate, and Jas your still series leader... Feels good I bet :daumenhoch:

Oh well, looking forward to the next round!!! Its gonna be a good one :4_17_5:

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: OLD SCHOOL SUMMER RACE SERIES (websites added) (extra race added)
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Look at the points   . Im coming for ya Ratty in the next race mate , 10th place Se mark 11th place Ratty .  Now that sounds better   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Looks like I will be at Daggers now as it doesn't clash with Hersden after all. So that'll be daggers, MK and then Hersden that I'll be racing against you guys again this summer. then roll on winter for the full assault.  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Daggers race Sunday,  :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2007, 11:09 PM »
AS MICK JACKSON ONCE SAID"I'LL BE THERE" WHENEVER YOU CALL ME...........I'LL BE THERE" :smiley6600:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Here are the results you've all been waiting for.  Te Harve still has his name at the top of the list but now he and Tony Riley have started to lose their worst results - the only two to have competed in all rounds so well done guys.  Will be interesting to see what the "drop two rounds" rework that QuadPaul does produces.  Enjoy.  Humps

As before the results are subject to Rattyfication.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:30 PM by Humps00 »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Look great to me Alan, thanks once again for putting the time and effort in :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Correction needed on Te Harve's points - missed the 28 and took off 32 instead.  Add another 4 to his score - just gets worst doesn't it!!  Will correct and repost tonight.  Humps

17:30 Updated
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:31 PM by Humps00 »

Twinkle

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Ooh will this be updated again so we can see just how close the points finished ??

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2007, 12:00 PM »
We did the points on Sunday so the presentation could be done, I will send them to humps for his magic touch when he gets back from holiday :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2007, 10:11 PM »
We did the points on Sunday so the presentation could be done, I will send them to humps for his magic touch when he gets back from holiday :daumenhoch:

Thanks Tony  :)  Can see you put them on the other post now anyway  :4_17_5:  I thought the top 3 were closer than that .. just shows how much damage a fall can do doesnt it (and I dont mean in injuries)  :(

Well Done again to everyone  :)  Reckon they'll be even more people in the series next summer  :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Tbh Sharon, at the end of the race when the gang sat down to do the points we were amazed at how close it finished, There was never a clear favourite to emerge at any time, the lead kept changing hands. I think Paul and Sam will regret the races they missed as both could have relied on better races and had yesterdays points dropped. But that is racing and who would want it any other way :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OLD SCHOOL SUMMER RACE SERIES (websites added) (extra race added)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx